The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Solution - The Easiest, Fastest Memorized Deck Ever - by Atlas Brookings and Raven Gairloch (53 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
mtgoldstein
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, TX
318 Posts

Profile of mtgoldstein
Agreed. The book just talks right back to you. PDFs are great for that instant knowledge or as a combo but I've so many sometimes it's hard to remember them all. Nothing like grabbing one off the shelf and flipping through.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2015, Tom G wrote:
I wish it was available as a PDF, it would arrive quickly without shipping costs to the US.

Sorry Tom, though the shipping cost to the US isn't any higher than to anywhere else.

Quote:
On Oct 23, 2015, Nathan Pain wrote:
Anyone that doesn't use Phill's services for their books is totally crazy. Book looks awesome!

N

I agree. Part of the reason Phill is so good is that he loves mentalism and understands how to approach design with mentalism in mind.

Also, the book isn't far from being done. Phill is working on the final few illustrations and then this should be ready to go.

Best,

Atlas
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:

Also, the book isn't far from being done. Phill is working on the final few illustrations and then this should be ready to go.

Best,

Atlas

Great news, Atlas ! By the way, the Solution stacks gets an excellent score on the SuffleMeter by Joyal, meaning that it "really" looks like a well shuffled deck (I know, depending on the person you are, "well shuffled" can mean several things, but you get the idea).

Atlas, can we have more info about your Blackpool ACAAN, that I saw in the table of contents ? Is it an ACAAN specifically designed for the Solution or not ? Can you tell us a bit more about what's happening in this ACAAN ?

Best
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1655 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Funnily enough, just looking at it now, the Blackpool ACAAN is pretty much the same way that the ACAAN plot was first shown to me when I first started hanging out with magicians. It sank me completely and it took literally years before I finally cracked it (and I think someone told me, so I can't even act smart for figuring it out). It's a great presentation, with a smart hidden compromise to bring it to life. Atlas' use of The Solution also makes it *very* easy to perform compared to the version of the method I have seen before, that's what makes it unique I think.

Phill
-+: https://www.miscellaneousmiracles.co.uk :+-

20% off a collection of incredible jaw-dropping mentalism, now available.
ProfessorJinksy
View Profile
New user
Italy
93 Posts

Profile of ProfessorJinksy
Phill--

I think you're great and your books are top notch! But shouldn't you stop posting on the Café and get those remaining illustrations done! Smile

Jinksy
mtgoldstein
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, TX
318 Posts

Profile of mtgoldstein
Yeah!!! Smile
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1655 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Sorry guys! Just sorting the last few bits out with AB.

Phill
-+: https://www.miscellaneousmiracles.co.uk :+-

20% off a collection of incredible jaw-dropping mentalism, now available.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
The Blackpool ACAAN is actually Raven's more than mine, and that little clever bit that makes it work is his idea. Sadly, I have to give him his credit. I've used it a lot since he shared it and it does indeed work well. My approach to a similar plot is Beating the Spread, the next effect described in the book.

Dorian, it is just what you'd like from an ACAAN. You table the deck and ask one person to name a card and another to name a number. The performer never touches the deck, and the card and number match.

Best,

Atlas
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Thanks for your answer, Atlas ! Really appreciated Smile
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2015, Atlas wrote:

Dorian, it is just what you'd like from an ACAAN. You table the deck and ask one person to name a card and another to name a number. The performer never touches the deck, and the card and number match.

Best,

Atlas

Great, if it really happens like that, then it's unbelievable Smile Something might be missing, though Smile

Anyway, can't wait to learn the Solution and add it to the stacks I already know.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2015, doriancaudal wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2015, Atlas wrote:

Best,

Atlas

Great, if it really happens like that, then it's unbelievable Smile Something might be missing, though Smile

Anyway, can't wait to learn the Solution and add it to the stacks I already know.

It does indeed happen like that - though there is, of course, a compromise! I hear you've got a great ACAAN yourself, by the way.

On another note - Raven and I are pleased to announce that as of this moment, The Solution is complete and available - simply follow the link in the signature portion of my profile.

Best,

Atlas
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2246 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Atlas,

Can you share the effect on what the spectator sees for your favorite effect from the book, Go Figure?

I just ordered The Solution regardless, looking forward to what you guys have come up with in terms of effects with the MD.

I currently use the BCS which I memorized in about 2 hours, and I use on a daily basis, so it will be good to have another system, plus the effects that go with it.

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1213 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
I haven't seen this and don't know if it is good or not (but it's by Atlas, and he's never let me down). With that said, if it does what he says it can do (learn it fast) and you can memorize a card by number (meaning you can know instantly that 17 equals Jack of Spades as in the 6-Hour Stack that I use), then you need to get it if you don't know a mem deck stack.

Having a mem deck stack sequence stored in my brain opened up so many doors for me, and I honestly cannot fathom doing anything with mentalism and cards and not knowing a stack by number. I would almost make it a pre-New Year's resolution: Learn a memorized deck stack before January 1. Might as well be Atlas's...
RedDevil's 5th Book of Close-Up Mentalism is here...
Pre-Order "FAUXLOGICAL" at www.reddevilmentalism.com

F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2461 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2015, RedDevil wrote

Having a mem deck stack sequence stored in my brain opened up so many doors for me, and I honestly cannot fathom doing anything with mentalism and cards and not knowing a stack by number. I would almost make it a pre-New Year's resolution: Learn a memorized deck stack before January 1. Might as well be Atlas's...

That's a great big Affirmative!!
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
poesjenel
View Profile
Regular user
Antwerp, Belgium
122 Posts

Profile of poesjenel
I might have missed the question but Is it possible to do the effects in the book with another MD stack than "the solution", the joyal stack for example? The ACAAN sounds very promising to me. I'm not that much attracted to learn a new MD but I would buy the book for the effects if they can be done with the joyal MD. So how about it?
ThoZ
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of ThoZ
Just ordered it Smile
Will the ship immediatly?
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Hi all,

To answer questions - the book ships within 5 days and will arrive between 10 and 17 business days depending on where you are located.

The book spends a great deal of time explaining the system. As many of the effects deal with how the system interacts with itself, this isn't a book I'd buy for effects alone as you won't be able to use some of them with other memorized decks.

RedDevil and Steven, thanks very much for your endorsements - I know Steven has been having great success with the Solution.

Alex - The effect you referenced (Go Figure) is one in which you hand the deck to your participant and ask them to think of two cards. Then you play a liar/truth teller game with them and are able to reveal both. They have only thought of the cards and keep the deck the whole time. I've never mailed a deck to anyone before, but I've read of a few such plots and this is one in which you could indeed mail your participant the deck and reveal their thoughts over the phone.

I hope that helps answer some questions.

Best,

Atlas
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
I am in the beginning of my reading... This is genius. A LOT of thinking has gone through this. Wonderful writing and explanations.

Let's continue Smile
Heka Siosiri
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Heka Siosiri
Looking at the picture I think I get how the stack works, but still buying the book for the routine and because it's Atlas'. Can't wait
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2155 Posts

Profile of ddyment
It's straightforward enough to discover the card/position relationship for about 2/3 of the cards just by examining the photo, but this reveals very little about how the actual transformation is accomplished by the user. It will certainly be interesting to read people's reports on how long it took them to get the system down error-free.
Doug Dyment's Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Solution - The Easiest, Fastest Memorized Deck Ever - by Atlas Brookings and Raven Gairloch (53 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL