The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Equiste - Murphy's/Ammar/Losander Release (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
This is due for general release tomorrow and I for one can't wait to get my hands on one of these.

I do the floating table, floating box, wand and bubble zombie so there is no way I'm missing out on this.

Using a glass off the table is a genius idea and will make this very strong indeed, I am guessing this will even be good for drinks receptions as well.

We have it listed here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/e......ick.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Will wait for some more reviews as have read a few negative one's and I am slightly put off at the moment.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
I got an email today saying they are sending a new gimmick.
Haven't got the original through yet.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I've just finished emailing all customers that have ordered this to apologise for the delay in shipping this, it should have been with us last Friday.

A new ETA has been given of the 7th which allows for shipping time to the UK.

This is most frustrating, its been some time that a pre-order has been late, I thought suppliers had learned its not good to miss dates when given.

I've not been given a reason, but maybe it has something to do with improving the gimmick, which would be a good thing even if it does take a week to sort it out.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
If I had pre-ordered I'd be looking to cancel based on feedback so far. What's the general law/policy on cancelling pre-orders? I'd be interested to know. It's not something that realy existed when I used to deal.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Nov 23, 2015, T.G. Jones wrote:
If I had pre-ordered I'd be looking to cancel based on feedback so far. What's the general law/policy on cancelling pre-orders? I'd be interested to know. It's not something that realy existed when I used to deal.

Customers can obviously cancel if they wish, but I for one can't wait for this.

If the item is delivered and it does not work as advertised then they can send it back for a full refund, it's basic consumer rights and good customer service.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Martello
View Profile
Loyal user
Catskill Mountains
280 Posts

Profile of Martello
Somehow, the name "Little Man" keeps popping into my mind.

Arthur
Martello
View Profile
Loyal user
Catskill Mountains
280 Posts

Profile of Martello
Still giving the original gimmick a second chance while waiting for the revised one. Believe it or not, it actually snapped while trying to make it fit better. Now totally useless. Hope the second one is more durable and that it holds a wine glass well.
Arthur
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
844 Posts

Profile of roblane
Just got a shipping note from Saturn, so I might have mine tomorrow. I hope the issues are sorted as I had high hopes of this.............
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Our stock has arrived today and I've tried all the wine glasses I have and they all work fine.

I can't comment on the first version some have but this version holds onto the glass very securely.

The glass feels very secure when handling so I have no real worries about this.

I would be very careful when using very delicate glasses as there may be a chance they would break, when I say delicate ones that are very thin at the top edge.

I have just tried some champagne flutes and they were fine, but I guess you may come across some that are very thin so just be aware.

I am a little disappointed that no cloth came with this, for the price it would be nice if you could got one to practice with and to use in performance if required.

There is also part of the gimmick that needs cushioning the way I handle it, I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue, it is very easy to solve and should really have been done already.

Overall it's very nice well made but a little overpriced for what you get but that can be said for a lot of Losander items, had it come with a nice cloth I would have been a lot happier.

Is it worth getting, yes if you like the effect pick this up it looks great, even without a cloth at the moment!!

We have it listed and in stock ready to ship here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/e......ick.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

roblane
View Profile
Special user
844 Posts

Profile of roblane
Thanks Mark,
Quick question; what sort of cloth would you recommend? Silk or something heavier?
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I would say a polyester type material that light won't shine through and won't crease.

I could say as usual I have an idea to make this better, but until I try it I can't be sure, but its a great idea and I'm surprised they have not done it

If it works I'll put in online as one of our bonus pages but it may take a while as we are very busy with Christmas and working on our Blackpool releases.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I should have said this is designed to use any normal size cloth napkin that may be on the table but you can take and use your own cloth if you wish.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

roblane
View Profile
Special user
844 Posts

Profile of roblane
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2015, Saturn UK wrote:
I would say a polyester type material that light won't shine through and won't crease.

I could say as usual I have an idea to make this better, but until I try it I can't be sure, but its a great idea and I'm surprised they have not done it

If it works I'll put in online as one of our bonus pages but it may take a while as we are very busy with Christmas and working on our Blackpool releases.

I'm intrigued for one, Mark. I've just received mine and after an initial 'play', am quite impressed. Having floated a Zombie ball I had an idea what I'd receive, though I suspect if you've no 'floating' experience the gimmick might surprise you. It is undeniably a lot of money for what you get in material terms but it does what it says on the tin. I've tried a couple of glasses so far and although I could float a straight sided tumbler (with much care) I found that a small, cheap wine glass as suggested works perfectly. The grip feels and is secure at an amazing range of angles from many directions. I've practised for 45 mins or so and haven't dropped the glass yet. The amount of apparent 'float' this enables due to it's design is ingenious and that's obviously what your paying for. The bug-bear with the old Zombie ball was the attachment of the gimmick, but this is much easier, again due to clever design and it detaches easily too. The only downside I've found is that the 'lifting' end is a bit uncomfortable of the thumb and perhaps could of been padded in some way but that could be down to poor technique on my part. Making the whole thing look real is another matter entirely, but I believe it possible with this bit of kit.Love it
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
That's was one of my observations about the thumb, on the other Losander items I have I had done this modification. I used 2 part putty that you can mould to make it just the right shape for me, on this as a small a rubber cover would be better, maybe a bit of silicon tube glued on.

Saying this you should not be on the end of the gimmick your thumb should be on the flat part but I find it more comfortable in use for me that way so I know what you mean.

I tried a polyester cloth and is slips around too much so you need a fabric with a bit of natural weight to it to keep it still.

Overall this is great, well designed and works as shown.

We are sold out but more are due in today, check it out here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magi......ick.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

roblane
View Profile
Special user
844 Posts

Profile of roblane
I think your right, Mark. The choice of cloth does seem important and yes they should have included one for the price tbh
mixman
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Colorado
294 Posts

Profile of mixman
Well I just received the new replacement gimmick and it does seem to be quite a bit more secure with the glass. I still have a small complaint. In the instructions, Michael says to place a magnet in your back pocket to help make ditching the gimmick easier. Unfortunately, the gimmick is not magnetic (face palm).
MikeTheKid
View Profile
Veteran user
vancouver
329 Posts

Profile of MikeTheKid
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2015, mixman wrote:
Well I just received the new replacement gimmick and it does seem to be quite a bit more secure with the glass. I still have a small complaint. In the instructions, Michael says to place a magnet in your back pocket to help make ditching the gimmick easier. Unfortunately, the gimmick is not magnetic (face palm).

i know right, it wont attach lol
---------------------------------------------

Magic is a performing art that entertains an audience by creating illusions of seemingly impossible....

www.mikeliumagic.com
Martello
View Profile
Loyal user
Catskill Mountains
280 Posts

Profile of Martello
I must say that the new gimmick is 100% better than the original. The slipping problem seems to have been taken care of and the glass is much more secure. So happy that the kinks were taken out of this and that those who received the original were given another working gimmick. Kudos to Michael and Dirk.
Arthur
Kune
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of Kune
I was going to get it, but I see two Penguin reviews saying the gimmick is very fragile and broke:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S20261

For those who own the latest version, how likely is the gimmick to break?
While I really like the effect, I try to avoid performing anything that isn't extremely reliable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Equiste - Murphy's/Ammar/Losander Release (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL