The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Question for anyone who uses "Blaney Ladder Levitation" or "Suspension 3001" (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2017, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Walter Zany Blaney has made a video series of his life and accomplishments in magic, and how the invented the Ladder Levitation and hoop.

If I remember, Walter also talks about the time he demoed the Ladder Levitation in David's living room with myself and my ex wife as an assistant. David called me up earlier that day and said, "You want to come and up play with Walter Blaney?" We were there very quickly! To see Walter going over the subtlety and details with us that make this piece so great was such a joy! BTW - David's apartment then in the Hollywood Hills above the Magic Castle was once lived in by one of his muses, Sylvia Maria Kristel who was a Dutch model and actress and appeared in over 50 films. She is best remembered as the lead character in five of the seven Emmanuelle films.
Ray Pierce
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
In exactly what manner was she his muse? did it involve ladders.. or levitations?.. or something else?
visit me @ JNealShow.com
aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of aheller5
What is the website to see all the different levitation tables?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2018, aheller5 wrote:
What is the website to see all the different levitation tables?

Sorry, there is not any levitation only Specialty Store, to my knowledge, that sells all the different brands to shop for, magic Grand Illusions are not like consumer products on display.

You have to seek out each one individually. Of course you can check the used Grand Illusion websites, that may have some different various brands showing various models all at one time.

Note: They do not use tables, but in most cases they are called, "boards". They are not called levitations[b/], but [b]Suspensions. Levitations, usually has the trained assistant move up, down, left, right, forward, and backwards.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Pretty sure you are asking about Walter's different levitations. Bill is welcome to his opinion but Walter Blaney referred to his ladder levitation as a levitation.

As far I know, the Blaney Ladder is the only one currently available new. Walter no longer makes them, they are now made by Daniel Sommers.
Daston
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Daston
I corresponded with Walter Blaney by email in mid-March 2019 about purchasing his miracle hoop. He replied he had none at the moment but parts to make them were available in his workshop. He further explained his health was failing and he would add me to his list. Sadly Walter has since passed away. Does anyone know if someone has taken over his business?
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On May 13, 2021, Daston wrote:
Does anyone know if someone has taken over his business?

Yes. thomasR knows.
Walter's website knows.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Question for anyone who uses "Blaney Ladder Levitation" or "Suspension 3001" (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL