We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Mutilated Parasol (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1624 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2015, Quentin wrote:
Years back, my mentor Eric Sharp urged me to include the MP in my shows. He said that audiences like it. And he was right.

I haven't done if for years and the arrival of Dick Oslund's book just might get me performing it again.

The opening went with me asking the audience of children if they knew what it was (showing it in its folded state. "An umbrella," they say. "No," say I, "guess again." "An umbrella." This goes on and I open it facing them. "An umbrella." "No, it's a parasol." Open and close the parasol a few times, again with the tip facing them, "oh look, it's breathing."

I must look up the rest of the script.

Just saw this.
Quintin knows a good routine when he sees one.
Yes, Eric Sharp's mutilated Parasol routine is a fantastic routine. Although, for many years I've used it in my shows, I'd to put it on the shelf.10 years ago.
Age and artritist caught up to me that forced me to pack small play big.
For me, it's quite heavy to slug around and too large for my recent roll on suitcase.I was fortunate when I recently saw a mini version from Hocus Pocus. Just can't wait for the arrival.
Tricky Ricky
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3645 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I do the multilated parasol (Abbotts) in every show. I do Marty Hahne’s routine. It’s one of the few things that both kids and adults enjoy. For me it’s gold
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Mutilated Parasol (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL