The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Info About Kuda Bux (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
I tried to learn the dough method when I was in High School. There was a Mss. out on it then. Total mess. I decided the writer was guessing. Went with the coins and tape, then my own.

Around mid-'80's, Karroll Priest put out a small expensive manuscript that supposedly had the scoop on Kuda's method. Priest hinted, but, as I recall, never definitely stated that his take was the real method. The Mss. is available on Ebay every so often.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
Back in the 60's I had the opportunity to eat lunch with Kuda Bux every Saturday at the Governors Caféteria in NYC. We did not know who he was and he introduced himself as Fred. He was a very humble and gracious gentlemen who prefered sitting with a few teens rather than some of magics contemporary greats who frequented the Caféteria after Tannens closed for the day. The thing that most impressed us about Fred was his 100% challenge classic force. He would challenge you to try to choose a card other than his force card and you could not do it no matter how hard you tried. He tried teaching it to us but the handling was just too unothodox and difficult for us and none of us ever learned it.

One day one of us asked Fred what he did for a living. He told us he was a magician. Then he very casually said my stage name is Kuda Bux. Needless to say our jaws dropped to the floor. Although we all heard of Kuda Bux, none of us had ever seen him perform live or on TV. Keep in mind this was way before the age of VCR's.

While Kuda Bux always tried to help us with our magic he never revealled the details of his blindfold act. He did however tell us something that has always remained in my mind and has helped me develope my own blindfold routine many years later. He said the secret of my blindfold act is I do not need to see.

For those developing a blindfold act I think the above words can be worth their weight in gold. For my own routine I mix up effects where I need to see with effects where I don't need to see. This has worked very well for myself and I think cancells out the various methods I use.

Did Kuda Bux mean those words literally? I don't know and still can't figure out his method. To this day I've never seen anyone who can so convincingly perform the blindfold routine.

Steve
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
When he performed at the Castle, wasn't Joan Rivers his assistant? I know she assisted him at some point in her career.

Chad
RLFrame
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of RLFrame
I believe there is a chapter on Kuda bux in Psychic Paradoxes by John Booth.
magicusb
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of magicusb
We have in our collection, not on display, a huge red box, illusion, for several ladies, with spikes and cloth velvet tubes that belonged to Kuda Bux. If anyone knows more about it I would appreciate the info

Dick Brooks & Dorothy Dietrich
Check out http://HoudiniOpoly.com

Houdini Museum Tour & Magic Show.
Only building in the world dedicated to Houdini.
http://Houdini.org
http://HoudiniDisplays.com
http://PsychicTheater.com
Scranton, Pa (570) 342-5555
"The truth shall make you free, but first it will make you angry." -Robert Ingersoll-Atheist (on the mind of Houdini when he died.)

We are thrilled we were able to bring The Grim Game to the world! Thanks TCM.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Info About Kuda Bux (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL