The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Miser's Dream Granted (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
For awhile now, I have been looking for the rubber bumpers that fit on the gimmicks. No luck on my part. Has anyone else foun them?
bigfoot
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of bigfoot
I'm not sure if this will help but you can make them yourself. Hobby stores carry a self adhesive foam that is very similar. It may not be exactly the same but it may work until you find exactly what you are looking for. You could also try what is called "mole skin" it is found in the pharmacy section where foot care supply's are at. It is used for keeping you from getting blisters from ill fitting shoes.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Quote:
On Aug 16, 2015, bigfoot wrote:
I'm not sure if this will help but you can make them yourself. Hobby stores carry a self adhesive foam that is very similar. It may not be exactly the same but it may work until you find exactly what you are looking for. You could also try what is called "mole skin" it is found in the pharmacy section where foot care supply's are at. It is used for keeping you from getting blisters from ill fitting shoes.
made
I have used weather stripping that I found at Home Depot. It has adhesive on one side, but it really isn't dense enough. Thinking about it, it's unlikely that it was specifically made for the gimmick. one possible use could be as non slip feet for the bottom of appliances or tools such as blenders whack otherwise may have a tendency to 'walk'.
bigfoot
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of bigfoot
Just a thought; have you seen those pads they make to hold stuff like your phone to a dashboard?
Maybe cutting up one of those might work. It might hold itself to the gimmick and the inside of the bucket as well.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Bigfoot: the rubber pieces that I'm referring to are to hold the coins in place. The gimmick is held in place with double sided sticky stuff that's used to hang pictures.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Miser's Dream Granted (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL