The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » 2 Halfs, 1 English Penny, 1 sun and moon, What routine? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

future4told
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of future4told
Hello-
I'm getting restarted with my magic after taking a long break raising kids. I found a coin purse with these 4 coins (2 halves, 1 English Penny, 1 double sided English/Half) but I can't remember the routine was with these coins. It obviously required all 4 or I wouldn't have put them away as such. Any ideas?

Thank you so much in advance for your help!
Romano911
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Romano911
Hi, and welcome Smile

David Roth's Ultimate Coin Magic on DVD has a lot of material that can certainly give you some routines and ideas to get you going. I also recommend on DVD "Attack of the Copper / Silver Coin" by Dave Forrest and Cameron Francis, good stuff on there as well.
Commonly known as Mariano Blanco.
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
590 Posts

Profile of karnak
Just for the sake of total clarity with regard to the precise nomenclature (lest misunderstanding now cause confusion later), note that a simple copper/silver coin (which you described as a double sided English/Half) is not really the same thing as a sun and moon coin (the term you used for the c/s coin in the title of your post), per se. There's a bit more to the latter than just the former.

Sorry -- just the pedantic online adjunct instructor in me, coming out. But there is a pretty significant difference, and terminological confusion now could lead to even deeper confusion later. Only trying to help. Smile

Nitpicking aside, I second the David Roth recommendation. I'd add to it another recommenation: David Neighbors.
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4840 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hay Thanks Karnak,

An yea Stop my when You see something you like! Smile Sounds Like It Could make a nice hoping half Routine! And If I don't Have someing Just give me 5 Min's Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
future4told
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of future4told
Thank Karnak for correcting me and for your lyrical prose response. I'm telling you giving up magic for a number of years and then now going through old bags I had for routines is quite a daunting task. Fortunately I had the forethought on some decks of cards to put post-its inside the flap telling what kind of deck or setup they were. Wish I did the same for the coins. It is starting to come back to me once I figure it out I will post it back here. It is a coins to pocket routine. I know I started with the double faced coin classic palmed and one by one would remove them to the pocket asking the spectator what was left until lastly the double faced coin is shown a both coins and the the spectator guesses and finishes with both coins are vanished.
future4told
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of future4told
I finally figured out what routines I used the coins for. I'm sure you've all been holding your breath. I actually stated more coins than I was using. But they were Mark Genest's Short Hop and Carl Andrew's Scotch and Soda with a Twist. I also had two big washers I used instead of the"Chinese Coins" as I have no "Chinese Coins" lol Thank you all for your help!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » 2 Halfs, 1 English Penny, 1 sun and moon, What routine? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL