The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Steven Brundage Cube3 (50 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Looks like Murphy's is teasing the release on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/MurphysMagicSupplies?fref=ts

Releasing 8/27 apparently.

Glad I recently learned how to solve a cube! Definitely excited about this one.
VanishingInc
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of VanishingInc
This is going to be so good! I was on hand when this project was shot and it's incredible! Steven is one of the nicest guys out there and this material is the best! We are really excited about carrying Cube3!

-Kyle
We personally curate every product we sell because we put quality and service first.
JosephKerr
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
421 Posts

Profile of JosephKerr
Steven's meteoric rise and more importantly how he has handled himself during this has made me
a fan for life. In his openness and generosity with sharing his experience with the magic and cubing
communities he has set the new benchmark for how a professional magician should behave.

I've heard it said so many times that you need to:
1) Use Social Media
2) ???
3) Profit!

Steven is setting an example on how to really do it right.

I've been waiting on this release for so long now. There's always
this scarcity mindset in the back of your head that goes "NO! Don't
release these secrets! They're too good!", but then I think about
how audiences are affected by these routines and those moments
of astonishment are meant to be shared.

Cube 3 (Cube Cubed) is going to be a must have for sure. This
is a MONEY MAKING REPUTATION MAKER of a routine.
"Challenge Your Reality"
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I just watched the demo for this, and it looks awesome! Great thinking, wonderfully magical.
Casshan
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Casshan
Yessss. The trailer looks so great! I've seen all of these in person and they seriously look that good.
You can call me Cash!

Email: casshandw@gmail.com
Facebook: Casshan Wallace
Twitter: @Casshan_Wallace
Instagram: @cash_magic
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
There's a really good interview about Cube 3 posted by Vanishinc and a long discussion already going here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218

Merchant of Magic have this on the site to order now. It's expected to ship this week from the UK
If you subscribe to their newsletter, you should have received info about their launch bonus.

http://www.magicshop.co.uk/product_info.......d=146658

Hope this helps
Dominic
KrisDouglas
View Profile
New user
Scotland
8 Posts

Profile of KrisDouglas
Just recieved mine this morning from MOM.. very fast delivery as only ordered yesterday.
On opening the the cube is very professional and the idea of the USB is fantastic. I take my Macbook offshore and have no disc drive so love this.
The packaging looks great and will write a review once I go through the material.
I have never been able to do a rubicks cube so this will be very interesting.
Takamiz Usui
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Takamiz Usui
I am Takamiz Usui, the original inventor of 'The Cube'.
I have seen Steven's trailer of 'Cube 3'.
The technique used in 'Bag Solve' and 'Behind the Back Solve' is completely from my technique in 'The Cube'.
I am wondering what your intention is in doing this?
My selling agency has talked to your company regarding to the variation recording about technique explanation, it seems the negotiations broke down.
It is risky for me if people who watched the 'Cube 3' thought my invented technique was from Steven's.
I am looking forward to your sincere response.
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Are you saying that the same method you used on The Cube is being used for Bag Solve and Behind The Back? If so could you please provide more details? I will hold off my purchase of Cube3 until this is cleared up. Thanks.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
JosephKerr
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
421 Posts

Profile of JosephKerr
I believe that while some of the routines on Cube³ are inspired by the great work of Usui the methodology
used is unique to Steven and there are several more routines on Cube³ making it a more expansive work.
"Challenge Your Reality"
Therealmagician
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Therealmagician
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2015, JosephKerr wrote:
I believe that while some of the routines on Cube³ are inspired by the great work of Usui the methodology
used is unique to Steven and there are several more routines on Cube³ making it a more expansive work.

I wouldn't say Cube 3 is more expansive in terms of the number of magic tricks but it does have more variety in terms of how you mix the cube up for each effect, whereas The Cube has a similar number of tricks but all using the same mix. Cube 3 has the advantages of being in English, coming with a cube, and Steven teaches you how to solve the cube as a beginner. On The Cube, Usui says for one of the effects, if you know how to solve the cube then it would work well here as a bonus to such-and-such routine but doesn't actually teach you how to solve the cube. Steven goes into far greater depth for each trick than Usui and the teaching is much clearer. Steven does mention Usui's scramble on Cube 3 but doesn't teach it, he says his own has advantages over Usui's and explains why but I don't think I agree with him. He also mentions how Rubik's Nightmare was his inspiration for his 2 handed throw in the air solve and they are fairly similar but this time I think Steven's version does have an advantage over Rubik's Nightmare because it is a bit cleaner. If Steven hadn't taught the bag solve and in the air solves then it would only have left about 3 of his own effects which wouldn't have been as good for those who haven't got the other 2 projects. But I can see why Usui is annoyed. The best trick Steven does on Cube 3, the millisecond solve, isn't taught, it's just a performance, which is slightly disappointing. I think that if you have The Cube then you should also buy Cube 3 because it covers new ground, and if you've just bought Cube 3 then you should buy The Cube because it teaches a lot more effects with, and without, the bag, and I personally think The Cube has a better cube scramble. But I wouldn't recommend Rubik's Nightmare, especially if you have Cube 3.
Takamiz Usui
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Takamiz Usui
I would like to have statement about 'Cube 3' released by Steven Brundage, and sold through Murphy's Magic.
Through the trailer of BAG SOLVE and BEHIND THE BACK SOLVE, you can see the very similar technique with my original one in 'THE CUBE', furthermore, there is a technique taught in his lecture that is extremely closed to mine.
However, there is nothing about my original technique in his DVD and I would like to explain the reason.

The first time when Steven contacted me was the time before he became famous on Youtube.
He said he would like to explain my technique in his DVD. However, at the time, it had been less than one year since I released my technique, not a lot of people knowing about me yet, it was hard for me to response to his request.
In addition, I want to be more classic, with performance in variations as how Steven performing magician's show-up. Therefore, in my 'THE CUBE', you can find I gave attention on putting one effect with each program.
A couple of years later, my technique and my existence obtained more attention, and we started to know each other by some tie-ups and I introduced him to a selling agency.
It is not a good timing, yet, we had a negotiation, with conditions like 'must have my permission' and 'must state in his DVD that the original idea is from me'.
Eventually, the negotiation was broken off, we agreed to give up the plan.
Up to the time, what he had done was correct, attempt to have my permission.
Therefore, I introduced selling agency to him(with the conditions mentioned above), as a response to his request.
I thought he was trying to meet the conditions, and there was no more further communication.
I do agree that he has gift on performing, and I am totally happy to see if he got succeed with his performance and my technique.

However, I would like to state clearly what ideas are from him, and what ideas are from me.
The title 'Cube 3' also confused people on this point as well.
Particularly in BAG SOLVE and BEHIND THE BACK SOLVE, the part of technique apparently is a version edited from my original idea, the way of holding, the finger movement, the number of times of movement, are all the same as mine, except the order is a bit different.
Today, I put it here to ask for all magic fans' judgment if his idea is original. Is it acceptable that he put it on sale after negotiation went broken off.
Also, I think that Murphy's, as the biggest seller, should take responsibility of the products they sell.
It is not the correct way to do sales without concerns of intelligence property.

I request Murphy's to make correction to state what idea is belonged to me, and what idea is belonged to Steven.
This is not only happening to me, I would like to share this with everyone who loves magic.
Thanks and regards,

Takamiz Usui
JOurneyjoe
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of JOurneyjoe
I ordered Cube3 directly from Steven's Website. I am waiting on a response as to when it will ship because his website says nothing about my order being a "pre-order". Has anyone else ordered this from Steven's website and received either the effect or communication from Steven?
Joe
sjbrundage
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of sjbrundage
Just dropped off the cube3's for shipping. They are being packaged and some will ship out tonight and other first thing in the morning! : )
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Takamiz Usui, you make an interesting point here.
Reading the ad for Cube 3 I had been asking myself already how different this new release might be from yours, resp. what idea(s) his moves, techniques and effects is built on and - more importantly - how is dealt with crediting.

So just like you I'm also looking forward to an honest and thourough statement from Steven Brundage and Murphy's.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
Hmm. I find this very very interesting...

Steven, Carl, John? Im really curious what you guys think of this... all that with Takamiz Usui, Is this real????

Can some of you guys shed some light on the situation or chime in on this?

No credits on original moves? 0.o
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
If the trailer is as good as it looks then this is a 'must have' for me!
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
Quote:
Is it acceptable that he put it on sale after negotiation went broken off.
Also, I think that Murphy's, as the biggest seller, should take responsibility of the products they sell.
It is not the correct way to do sales without concerns of intelligence property.

I request Murphy's to make correction to state what idea is belonged to me, and what idea is belonged to Steven.
This is not only happening to me, I would like to share this with everyone who loves magic.
Thanks and regards,

Takamiz Usui

Not cool. Sorry to hear that man, I would be LIVID if I didn't get credit for something of mine. Even if its a "slight variation" on it. You're still the original creator. 0.o

Give credit where credit is due. It's common courtesy and shouldn't be taken lightly. More-so on the company than the artist. They should know better. Especially MURPHY'S!
JosephKerr
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
421 Posts

Profile of JosephKerr
Steven teases a thing on the Cube3 video called the Millisecond Solve that looks AMAZING!

I have a great deal of respect for the work that Takamiz did on The Cube and it certainly sparked
a lot of imagination as to what more could be done with Cubing magic but all other things aside
these releases are not on the same level of either quality or content.

I would hope that anyone already interested in Cubing as a a magic effect would already be
aware of the work done by Usui, Lam, and Thomas.
"Challenge Your Reality"
Therealmagician
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Therealmagician
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2015, JosephKerr wrote:
Steven teases a thing on the Cube3 video called the Millisecond Solve that looks AMAZING!

It does look great on camera but it's not that practical in real working conditions and the algorithm to get into it is very long. Also, I think one of the reasons it's not taught on the DVD is because the whole project is about tricks with a genuine cube and the version he shows on Cube 3 can't be done with the cube he provides. However, the version of the millisecond solve he did on Fool Us was with a genuine cube but looks slightly different.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Steven Brundage Cube3 (50 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL