The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Steven Brundage Cube3 (50 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
dylanxtay
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
157 Posts

Profile of dylanxtay
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2017, robfind wrote:
Any idea where we can get replacement cubes? Identical or very similar to the one Cube 3 comes with?

The cube that comes packaged with the set are Shengshou's Aurora cubes.

You can get them from here https://thecubicle.us/shengshou-aurora-p-818.html
Dylan Tay
Magician & Cardist

Welcome to #theBLACKseries, a collection of my Cardistry work.
Only at: http://www.instagram.com/dylanxtaylor
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Https://thecubicle.us/shengshou-aurora-p-818.html

be aware that the last time I ordered one, the color scheme of the stickers had been changed by the manufacturer.
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1162 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Check out the replay of our live Q&A with Steven Brundage. We talked about life after America's Got Talent, Cube3, what it takes to be a full-time performer and much more!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Steve for your contribution to the CUBING community! Smile
sjbrundage
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of sjbrundage
Hey Guys! Thank you for taking the time to read this and watch the video. There was some teaching and crediting issues with Cube 3. Please take the time to watch the video and support Usui Takamitsu. Feel free to post any questions below. I am touring Saudi Arabia at the moment.. but I will do my best to answer any questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP1rURreo98
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1663 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2018, sjbrundage wrote:
Hey Guys! Thank you for taking the time to read this and watch the video. There was some teaching and crediting issues with Cube 3. Please take the time to watch the video and support Usui Takamitsu. Feel free to post any questions below. I am touring Saudi Arabia at the moment.. but I will do my best to answer any questions.

Way to go steven! Ps. What is the kind of cube you are using?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2018, elimagic wrote:
Quote:

Way to go steven! Ps. What is the kind of cube you are using?

Rubiks, I believe.
sjbrundage
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of sjbrundage
I use a custom made for me Weilong GTS 2 M
XaviumLord
View Profile
New user
Ohio
68 Posts

Profile of XaviumLord
Quote:

That's the same one I've been doing your Cube3 effects with. Not sure how yours is set up, of course, but good to know I'm not alone! It's a great cube.
453rob
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of 453rob
Steve, making that video was a very classy thing to do.
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Quote:

Custom how? Different type of magnets than the standard GTS2M?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Steven, I commend you for putting out this video. I hope you have reached out personally to usui takamitzu as well. Better late than never. You seem like a good guy and I'm sure it has been eating at you for quite some time. You are probably too classy to admit it but I have no doubt that you were being pulled in many directions by the powers that be to go ahead and release your DVD, especially since it had already been shot and was ready to go. As a young person it is very difficult not to succumb to that kind of pressure.

So a valuable lesson learned and I'm sure you will not fall victim again to the old saying "it is easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission".
We all make mistakes, it's how we deal with them that is important. Congrats on sincerely trying to right a wrong and be a big enough man to admit your mistakes.
I wish you much continued success and look forward to your next, very well credited release.
sjbrundage
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of sjbrundage
Yes, I have been in constant communication with Usui Takamitsu... and yes. there were other powers in play. I decided to not mention those things in the video because I feel at this point I can take all the responsibility on myself and I am happy to do that.

Also, Scott, Everything is custom to magnets size, stickers colors, sticker shapes, and logo on the cube : )
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Cube 3 Review

With a lot of the hype surrounding recent CUBE releases, I think if you're going to use a gimmick like RD or 360 or Rubicon you should at least know how to get a real cube back to NDO in case a spectator tries to challenge you and put you on the spot.

* oh and Brundage calls his release "cube three" so anyone who calls it "Cube Cubed" was wrong ... Smile
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Update - for anyone who wanted to buy a second cube - and you wanted the same size and stickers to have a backup, or to do multiple effects

External link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ney9h0d5msM
lesliemusalo
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of lesliemusalo
Dear Zack_Johnston!
Thank You for sharing this a few years ago!
I use is all the time Smile But I am still lokking for another nice false shuffle for the cube, so I can alter the method and not use the same shuffle all the time....
Does anybody have an alternative????
Happy magic 2020 to the community!

Quote:
On May 25, 2016, Zack_Johnston wrote:
Here is a false shuffle that I use and a great subtlety. Feel free to use it:

Here is what Steven and I both use, and what I believe to be one of the most convincing false shuffles:
(R U R' U') (R' F) (R2 U') (R' U' R U) (R' F') (R U R' U') (R' F) (R2 U') (R' U' R U) (R' F')

When you practice this, these moves flow together very nicely. I recommend a slow, buttery execution.

In reality, this is just a famous Rubik's cube move called the T-Perm, but repeated twice.

(R U R' U') (R' F) (R2 U') (R' U' R U) (R' F') AND REPEAT (R U R' U') (R' F) (R2 U') (R' U' R U) (R' F')

Here is a very cool subtlety that you might want to employ:
The False Cube Throw:
(I will use the T-Perm to illustrate)

1.) Execute: (R U R' U') (R' F) (R2 U') (R' U' R U) (R' F')
2.) Immediately memorize a few blocks after this execution to gain your orientation so that you can throw the cube up in the air and be able to return to the original position. Throw the cube in the air, and catch it without looking. Immediately execute a simple, short false shuffle while talking to your audience. (If you want the shuffle to look extra thorough, feel free to use two PLLs here instead of short shuffles). Now, look back at the cube and quickly find the memorized pattern to return to the original position. (Experiment with different ways of throwing the cube in the air. You might find a way to throw the cube up and be able to catch it in the same position. Smile )
3.) Execute the second half of the shuffle: (R U R' U') (R' F) (R2 U') (R' U' R U) (R' F')

The great thing about the cube throw is that when practicing a specific trick, you become familiar with the pattern of the cube after the execution of the Cube3 algorithm AND a T-Perm. The performer can execute the trick algorithm and a T-Perm without looking, throw the cube up into the air without looking, and then catch the cube and quickly find the original orientation by the familiar pattern. This way, the performer only looks at the cube once (as opposed to twice when including the memorization), to find the original position.

In short, a great formula for false shuffles is as follows:
1.) Execution of 1/2 of a false shuffle (Some other PLLs work very well).
2.) Cube toss to a different location.
3.) Execution of a simple, shorter false shuffle.
4.) Cube toss to a different location.
5.) Find original orientation, and immediately execute the second half of the false shuffle.

All of this should be carried out with no hesitation at all, with the utmost fluidity between steps, without robotic execution. Make it natural. Only then will this sequence be convincing. One should talk while false shuffling. When the performer talks, "blindly" mixes up the cube, and tosses the cube to confuse the audience's orientation, the audience perceives the cube to be thoroughly mixed.

One important point to keep in mind is that there is a common misconception about the Rubik's cube that we can take advantage of. Let's call it The Layman's Rule. Many believe that there is a correlation between the number of moves one carries out, and the difficulty of the solve. In other words, some believe that the more moves carried out, the more moves away from being solved the cube is. Thus, the more moves one carries out, the more difficult the cube is to be solved. Take advantage of this misconception!

Feel free to PM me for more,

Zack Johnston
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Steven Brundage Cube3 (50 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL