The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Kainoa Harbottle"Victorian Coins and Glass Trailer (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
MagicFett
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of MagicFett
Nice effect!
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
561 Posts

Profile of Craig Ousterling
Something that I haven't seen mentioned yet but *is* worth mentioning: There is audience control subtleties Kainoa points out that are worth more than the glass and trick itself. There are gold bricks in there.

Thanks for giving Mr. Harbottle!
RatdeLabo
View Profile
New user
France
89 Posts

Profile of RatdeLabo
Very good routine, but except the glass which is supplied she is very close of KLINK from Rune Klan, no?
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
561 Posts

Profile of Craig Ousterling
RatdeLabo - No.

PM'd you.
wanderwizard
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of wanderwizard
This looks amazing,just got email from Saturn with dem on,was gonna buy straight away but can you use uk coins (not that it really matters )and on a 1 to 5 rating how easy to do,I do struggle with coin magic.Is the glass special !!!!
wanderwizard
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of wanderwizard
Just watched the demo again think I have got it ,the bottom of the glass is the right size ! so you need to get coins the right size,so will buy now and let this genius teach me the workings
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
It's more than just "the right size". The glass has special qualities but is not gimmicked.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4667 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I am thoroughly pleased with the whole package. Nice birthday gift to myself this year. The teaching is great (as all of his video's are) and the Glass (although un-gimmicked) has a couple awesome properties that really enhance the illusion and helps with a couple sleights.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
385 Posts

Profile of patrick66
After watching David's performance and this new effect, I'm gonna sink my teeth in coin magic again. Beautiful stuff.
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
554 Posts

Profile of Motor City
WOW!!! This looks great!!! My order is going in.
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Darlington UK
911 Posts

Profile of Riley
Mine arrived yesterday, and I watched the DVD last night. Excellent, and the bonus material/routines very good, too.

Riley
RatdeLabo
View Profile
New user
France
89 Posts

Profile of RatdeLabo
Idem, excellent!
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
I got mine as well. love it!
Cal Tong
Past President
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland! Back home and Thrilled!
1024 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
What coins are you guys using for this?
I think someone mentioned that dollars will work. But, is it more difficult with a dollar coin?

Or is this just a matter of taste?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4667 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
A dollar coin might be passable (although cumbersome) but I do not think it would work as well with the certain property of the glass as a dollar coin is a bit too large. Half dollars are perfect (I use walkers) and I am pretty sure Kozmo said that Kainoa has used quarters but I think dollars would not do justice in this size glass. Now, if you found the next size up in this particular glass then I would say "yes" it totally would work.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4182 Posts

Profile of videoman
I thought that the crowns Kainoa uses in the video were dollar sized or close to it.
Inviso
View Profile
Regular user
I have a paltry
115 Posts

Profile of Inviso
I've stated in the other thread on this that Half Dollars to Dollars and anything in between should work when I tried the fit with Soft Morgans. Poof -Daddy may be more correct as there are two properties of the glass at play. "In" the glass will work with all coins mentioned. "Outside" the glass may require more finesse and be cumbersome for some with Dollar coins. Video man, the "close to it" may make all the difference.

Randy
manreb
View Profile
Special user
648 Posts

Profile of manreb
Half crowns are slightly larger in diameter than a half dollar.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5292 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2015, manreb wrote:
Half crowns are slightly larger in diameter than a half dollar.

I don’t know how hard it is to find a gaff maker for Half Crowns. They aren't common, so you will no doubt have to go to a custom gaffer. Probably a lot more expensive than most other readily available shells.

Jim
manreb
View Profile
Special user
648 Posts

Profile of manreb
Todd Lassen made my set, I supplied the half crowns -matched set of 1817. Beautiful work, cost was very reasonable. I will try to post pictures later.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Kainoa Harbottle"Victorian Coins and Glass Trailer (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL