The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Free World Charter » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (63 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..15..24..33..42..51..55~56~57 [Next]
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2015, JoeJoe wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2015, rockwall wrote:
If everything was free, why would I be required to grow any food? It's free!

In a free world, you would not be required to grow any food.

Why do people grow grass in their front lawn?? Are they paid to do so?? No. do they get a discount at the grocery store for doing so?? No.

People grow lawns and spend money maintaining them for the sole purpose of looking good in front of their neighbors.

In a world where money has no value, things like food will have more value ... having a good fruit tree in your yard will be like having a Lexus parked in the driveway.

People will instinctively want the best garden on the block.

-JoeJoe

I don't grow grass in my front yard. I pay my gardener to do that.

You say, "Things like food will have more value". I still don't get it. If everything is free, I would think that nothing has any value. A good fruit tree wouldn't be like having a Lexus in the driveway cause in your world, I can go get a Lexus for free. (Or some nice fruit off my neighbors tree.)
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
You say, "Things like food will have more value". I still don't get it. If everything is free, I would think that nothing has any value. A good fruit tree wouldn't be like having a Lexus in the driveway cause in your world, I can go get a Lexus for free. (Or some nice fruit off my neighbors tree.)

Until your neighbor shoots you with his free shotgun.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
JoeDuece,
I'm not talking about flags nor bumper stickers. I'm talking about what shall we
do about those unable to barter any commodities
nor services?
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
As long as we're keeping this conversation honest, let us admit that not all ideas are scalable.

You might take this opportunity to demonstrate that this one is.

Absolutely not - just because you can't see the truth doesn't mean I have to walk the earth as a blind fool.

When people tell me something is impossible ... I tell them that doesn't mean we can't do it. Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRN0gKfz_98

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
Quote:
As long as we're keeping this conversation honest, let us admit that not all ideas are scalable.

You might take this opportunity to demonstrate that this one is.

Absolutely not - just because you can't see the truth doesn't mean I have to walk the earth as a blind fool.

When people tell me something is impossible ... I tell them that doesn't mean we can't do it. Smile

As I said, this is your opportunity to show that this idea is scalable.

We await your demonstration with eager anticipation.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
I don't grow grass in my front yard. I pay my gardener to do that.

How much does the orange tree charge the farm for it's orange?? Does a tomato plant demand any money of the farmer?? Does God send him a bill for the rain?? The truth is simple: food is already free. The fact that people pay for it is part of the scam.

Behold the Judean Palm; at one time poor people could walk around their neighborhood and find it's fruit to freely eat. But notice in the story how an invading army cut them all down, every last one of them.

http://www.treehugger.com/natural-scienc......ile.html

At some point, one must realize that the food is more important than the money. That is how we start making the transition - growing food for ourselves again.

-JoeJoe
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2015, S2000magician wrote:
As I said, this is your opportunity to show that this idea is scalable.

We await your demonstration with eager anticipation.

Absolutely not - I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else, stop trying to be an antagonist! If you love money so much, perhaps you could find something more "profitable" to do with your time than annoy me with childish challenges!

At least read the charter and quote some aspect of it you disagree with instead of just being a troll.

-JoeJoe
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
It's just not very practical to carry around goods to barter.
Let's say for example that I wanted to trade with Amazon for some books and electronics etc...
I would then have to send them my goods (corn for example) via mail. What then should I offer
the mailing system as a trade for their efforts?

I most assuredly agree with your statement that food is more valuable than currency.

I'm glad to see you online after your hiatus JoeJoe. I always look forward to your posts
and you are definitely not on the slim level in my book. Not even close!
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
I think it is all pretty self-explanatory, if you look for it you can see it.

Example: what was Danny's concern?? How he would get to watch TV ... money breeds lazy people that want to sit around and watch TV. Not Danny's fault mind you, it is what the system does to people; it is to be expected.

The truth is there is no reason Danny can't watch TV in a free world. In fact, he would probably end up getting to watch more of it. There is so much crap we do on this earth solely for money it is disgusting!

Milk - do you know that 40% of the milk in this country doesn't even get drank?? They will take twenty gallons of milk from a single cow every single day ... and half of it "expires' and gets thrown away. They don't even bother to take it out of the plastic jug so it can evaporate back into the clouds and rain back down on the earth again, it is just a total waste.

So here ya go: without money, farmers could take half the day off from milking cows and watch TV instead. Smile

-JoeJoe

Since we are down this idiotic rabbit hole let us attempt some intellectual honesty. YOU mentioned the TV and Walmart.

I do notice that most of those who seem to advocate no money are the ones not so good at getting it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2015, Devious wrote:
I apologize to everyone I may offend
for recieving free money from my time
in service to this great nation.

What about those disabled veterans and
civilians whom are unable to cultivate
crops nor provide a service to the community beyond wisdom?

I'm enjoying my free large screen tv from Best Buy.
Smile

Please do not refer to your service to a grateful country and say you are getting "free money". All who served earned every penny.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
Danny - I referenced it because it has to do with the history of money, which you seem to don't know.

The TV gets to walmart exactly the same way it does now ... on a truck, duh. The free world charter is not about getting rid of trucks ... it is about getting rid of money.

-JoeJoe

How do the tv manufacturers get the components for the tvs if the component manufacturers aren't getting paid for them?
Why should the tv manufacturers make tvs if they're not going to sell them?
Why should the truck driver deliver the tv if he's not getting money for it?
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
You got a free 14 minutes and 29 seconds?

"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
To be fair. I DID see a story about a guy who lived a "free" life.

He grew his own food. He had a windmill that pumped his water from his well as well as recharging his bank of batteries.
(He designed his OWN batteries by the way! Smile )He also designed a device that would break down some of the water into oxygen and hydrogen, then he siphoned off the hydrogen which he used for cooking fuel.

But frankly, this guy was a real-life Heinlein character and we all just can't do that.

"Heinlein's Viewpoint on People"

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:

Why would you need to barter if everything you wanted was free? Just take it!
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Actually, I find JoeJoe's arguments nearly as compelling as Landmarks arguments about labor generally are!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I find these points FAR LESS thought out than anything landmark ever posted.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Yeah, sure Danny. I'd like to see you defend the idea that it's immoral to pay someone for their labor.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
Quote:

Why would you need to barter if everything you wanted was free? Just take it!

Exactly Rockwall - you are catching on here. Smile

Example: need an operating system?? Linux is free - that includes every Android cell phone in the world is "free", so many people here are already benefiting from this new free movement.

This is already happening - it is the direction the world is moving ... only a matter of time. Can't stop progress, time to either get on board or get out of the way. Smile

-JoeJoe
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
Yeah, sure Danny. I'd like to see you defend the idea that it's immoral to pay someone for their labor.

Wait a second. It is a matter of degree friend. This is just SO much more idiotic. And in the end landmark has thought things out. I completely disagree with the conclusions but he put in the brain work.

He doesn't try to explain totally free by using the barter system as an example.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
Since we are down this idiotic rabbit hole let us attempt some intellectual honesty. YOU mentioned the TV and Walmart.

I do notice that most of those who seem to advocate no money are the ones not so good at getting it.

My apologies, I was the first person to mention TV ... but I wasn't saying that to demonize you ... generally speaking, people do tend to favor being lazy (even myself).

As for not being good at making money, you certainly can't say that about me ... people walking down the street stop and throw it at my feet and I got videos to prove it ... no Danny, I'm not a poor person trying to take from the rich - I can't recall how many times I've been rebuked on this forum for defending capitalism, be it wal-mart or mcdonalds. Locally everyone knows I'm one of the hardest working magicians on the pitch seven days a week rain or shine no matter how hot it gets, certainly can't say I'm lazy and looking for a free ride. Smile

What I want to do is make the world better for all people, including myself. I don't know "how" to do it, but I know how to "start" doing it. See http://foodisfreeproject.org when you are ready to help. Smile

-JoeJoe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Free World Charter » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (63 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..15..24..33..42..51..55~56~57 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL