The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Richard Osterlind's new limited edition 13 billet routine DVD (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
alee7371
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of alee7371
I just ordered the DVD a few days ago and it came in the mail today. Can't wait to watch it
setsuna83
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of setsuna83
Hi all, I wonder are there any reviews for this dvd? are the techniques taught here mostly already covered in other osterlind's dvds or are there new material being shared on this dvd? Thanks!
Uncle Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Japan
181 Posts

Profile of Uncle Joe
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2015, setsuna83 wrote:
Hi all, I wonder are there any reviews for this dvd? are the techniques taught here mostly already covered in other osterlind's dvds or are there new material being shared on this dvd? Thanks!

Yes I was wondering the same.
Reviews?
Is there anybody out there?
Goldfield
View Profile
Loyal user
Universe
286 Posts

Profile of Goldfield
There is new material on the dvd one in particular that Richard came up with for this production. Well worth the investment.
The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence. Nikola Tesla, Serbian Inventor
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1343 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2015, Peter Goldfield wrote:
There is new material on the dvd one in particular that Richard came up with for this production. Well worth the investment.

Agreed. There is some great new material on this release.
Chano
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Chano
I'd love to hear more about the effects in the DVD. Could someone do a proper review? Nothing too revealing, obviously. Just something to give an idea of how much of it is effects and how much of it is technique. I'm really interested in this DVD because I'm a big fan of learning one workhorse technique over gimmicks. The less props, the better.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1748 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2015, Mindpro wrote:
Are you kidding me? They don't "have" to do anything, or be told how to conduct their business from you or anyone else. No elitist at all going on here. As you said anyone can get on their list, so rather than complain, they should do so and be in the loop themselves rather than coming to the Café seeking info. Both Jim and Richard are extremely accessible, there is no need to play games or ask anyone else.

Jim came in here to address the questions and issues, then you complain about how he does it? Crazy!

I have to agree Jim has answered the question end of !

Some people have got nothing better to do

Remember we are talking Richard Osterland , I can't think of a single product he has bought out that is not not quality !
Matti Kaki
View Profile
New user
Finland - - I.B.M. Finnish Magicians Assn
77 Posts

Profile of Matti Kaki
I already have Richard Osterlids 13 Steps to Mentalism Billets -volume. Do you think that this DVD gives any extra knowledge compared to that? Or is this more like an interesting lecture to those who like Richard?
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1090 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
I think it's an excellent DVD. My favorite of his
Lakewood, Ohio
Matti Kaki
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Matti Kaki
All right. I really like Richard and respect his superb career.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2015, T.G. Jones wrote:
Richard Osterlind usually puts out quality material with high production values. On this occasion it looks as though he has misfired. Hope it's not a sign of things to come (a la Sankey). From reading his recent posts it looks like he's deserted the Café. A real shame imho.

I don't think he has deserted the Café. It may be just he was bombarded with questions and may be just business type stuff.
D Whitton
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of D Whitton
This dvd is an under the radar hit. Seeing Osterlind take billet routines ‘to the street’ is quite something. Although I probabaly wouldn’t have chosen Paris!
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1090 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2018, D Whitton wrote:
This dvd is an under the radar hit. Seeing Osterlind take billet routines ‘to the street’ is quite something. Although I probabaly wouldn’t have chosen Paris!

The Paris shots are one of the reasons I like this DVD. That and I love billet work.
Lakewood, Ohio
Matti Kaki
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Matti Kaki
I managed to watch part of this as my friend has the DVD and it really is good. The sound and picture quality is even better than in his normal DVDs as they are older. I believe that some watchers were disappointed when those women spectators were missing. I understand you well but if you are looking for knowledge, this is easier to follow as it has no disturbing effects. Smile
D Whitton
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of D Whitton
Personally I didn't miss those women. I much prefer to study the magic.
BCE
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of BCE
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2015, magicinsight wrote:
Just got this email and ordered immediately:

Earlier this year, Richard Osterlind traveled to Europe to give master classes in Belgium, France and Italy. While in Paris, he was approached by his friend Burt Wayne, to perform and record what could only be called "Street Mentalism" in front of Notre Dame Cathedral.

For those who have this - how much of Notre Dame can be seen?
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1090 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
It was about two hours of filming in front of Notre Dame. It was a beautiful day. Actually I was watching the DVD the same night Notre Dame burn down.
Lakewood, Ohio
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1343 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
There is one routine on this DVD where Richard is performing for a small group outside, where he has each person write down a thought on a slip of paper and fold it up. All of the slips are put together in a pile on the sidewalk. One at a time, Richard reveals what is written on each slip before opening it and handing it back to the person who wrote it. Of all the routines, this is the one I enjoyed most.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Richard Osterlind's new limited edition 13 billet routine DVD (20 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL