The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Do you get lost in the Magic Café? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GS121002
View Profile
Veteran user
but he still can't help build a border wall with only
313 Posts

Profile of GS121002
The Magic Café is absolutely the best resource for magicians available however, I sometimes have difficulty knowing which section I should be posting in. So, I discovered a little trick and would like to share it with you.

I don't know about Macs or tablets or smartphones, but on a PC....

I am at the MAIN MENU of the Magic Café and want to post something about building a prop. I know there is a section for this but can't seem to find it.

Humm...... On my PC keyboard, I do a CONTROL F and type in build.

My PC will locate the word build in the menu and I find a section called SPECIAL INTERESTS and under that, a subsection entitled The Workshop, This area is for those interested in building their own props.

Bingo, I found it!

Please let me know if this hint helps you too.....
Gary Salisbury
San Diego, CA

It's a fact! - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
(This line censored by Dave Scribner because it is in Latin) - What you believe is real, is real!
Who was that masked man and what is he all about? - https://www.pinterest.com/garydsalisbury/
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Do I get lost!??! I wandered into the Workshop 12 years ago and I still haven't found my way out. Look at my ridiculous post count (and that's just when I had something to say). Smile
~michael baker
The Magic Company
GS121002
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of GS121002
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2015, Michael Baker wrote:
Do I get lost!??! I wandered into the Workshop 12 years ago and I still haven't found my way out. Look at my ridiculous post count (and that's just when I had something to say). Smile

That's really funny, Michael!
Gary Salisbury
San Diego, CA

It's a fact! - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
(This line censored by Dave Scribner because it is in Latin) - What you believe is real, is real!
Who was that masked man and what is he all about? - https://www.pinterest.com/garydsalisbury/
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
If you're on iPad or iPhone, type in your search work, like "Build." As the search results pop up, scroll down to the bottom and you'll a heading "On This Page" and if there's any hits they show up. Click on it and it will take you to the word on the page...

Just like CTRL F but Apple style...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
GS121002
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of GS121002
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2015, imgic wrote:
If you're on iPad or iPhone, type in your search work, like "Build." As the search results pop up, scroll down to the bottom and you'll a heading "On This Page" and if there's any hits they show up. Click on it and it will take you to the word on the page...

Just like CTRL F but Apple style...

Thank you. Now I know how that end works.

Isn't the Magic Café a wonderful way to share and exchange information?
Gary Salisbury
San Diego, CA

Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Welcome GS121002. I come here every night. And during the day when I have a chance.

Is it "a wonderful way to share and exchange information?" Yes, it can be. Absolutely. But if we stick to the "Café" theme, you'll need to sit at the counter, get to know the regulars, familiarize yourself with how the establishment works, and of course learn the menu...then you can share and exchange information with glee.

Do I sound vague? Of course. This place is mysterious and magical. I wouldn't go anywhere else. I've learned more magic here, bought more magic here, and shared more magic here than anywhere else on the internet. But as with any establishment, not every regular is welcomed with a smile. Not every rule is perfect for everyone. And there is always something that can be better.

For me, this is the perfect...imperfect place to be.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Wow! Very well put, Oz!!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Alt + F4 is another good method to use on this site. I have found it rather helpful in the past.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2015, Salguod Nairb wrote:
Alt + F4 is another good method to use on this site. I have found it rather helpful in the past.

Ba doodness. Welcome back!
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:

But not here enough to remember how to post a video properly. Smile
Nice to see you here again!
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
LOL!
GS121002
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of GS121002
Quote:

Aaaaa Haaaa, a joker! I wonder how many others fell for that one.
Gary Salisbury
San Diego, CA

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Do you get lost in the Magic Café? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL