The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A question for the lawyers here, re: drones (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2015, Josh Riel wrote:
1:I wish one of my neighbors would try to fly a drone in my yard.
2:My second wish would be to know who that neighbor is.
3:My third wish would be that I left no evidence to point to me as the person that eradicated his flesh, his soul, and his entire known geneology, while making sure everyone on this, or any other effectable plane of existance knew the reason why an entire bloodline was erradicated, and why the end of the one person was so horrific to the point that no creature extant in heaven and on earth would deem it appropriate to even remember it out of fear of the MEMORY of the baleful evil that was wrought apon that single individual for thinking he could see how far the legal system allowed him to go with his flying camera in my families presence, without my consent.

I'm sort of intense when it comes to my wife and kids though.

I like Turtles.

But tell us how you really feel, Josh...no need to be shy...
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Out of curiosity, I went to the Transport Canada website to see if anything about Canadian regulations was up.

In typically Canadian fashion, the government calls on common sense and good judgment.

Quote:
If your aircraft weighs less than 35 kg and is used for recreational purposes, you don’t need permission to fly, but please read and follow our safety guidelines.

When you link to the safety guidelines, you get

(I was unable to preserve the two-column format.)

Quote:
Do
    Fly your aircraft during daylight and in good weather (not in clouds or fog).

Keep your aircraft in sight, where you can see it with your own eyes – not only through an on-board camera, monitor or smartphone.

Make sure your aircraft is safe for flight before take-off. Ask yourself, for example, are the batteries fully charged? Is it too cold to fly?

Know if you need permission to fly and when to apply for a Special Flight Operations Certificate

Respect the privacy of others – avoid flying over private property or taking photos or videos without permission.

Don't fly:

Closer than 9 km from any airport, heliport, or aerodrome.

Higher than 90 metres from above the ground.

Closer than 150 metres from people, animals, buildings, structures, or vehicles.

In populated areas or near large groups of people, including sporting events, concerts, festivals, and firework shows.

Near moving vehicles, avoid highways, bridges, busy streets or anywhere you could endanger or distract drivers.

Within restricted airspace, including near or over military bases, prisons, and forest fires.

Anywhere you may interfere with first responders.

Hmmm.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
In typically Canadian fashion, the government calls on common sense and good judgment.

Good luck with that!
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2015, landmark wrote:
Quote:
In typically Canadian fashion, the government calls on common sense and good judgment

Good luck with that!

On top of which they measure everything in meters - meters! for goodness sake! - which is no doubt designed to confound and confuse the drone pilots and authorities alike.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2015, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2015, landmark wrote:
Quote:
In typically Canadian fashion, the government calls on common sense and good judgment

Good luck with that!

On top of which they measure everything in meters - meters! for goodness sake! - which is no doubt designed to confound and confuse the drone pilots and authorities alike.

It's metres. We're ok with metres. If it was meters all hell would break loose!
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A question for the lawyers here, re: drones (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL