The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Books? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Oscar Broecker
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Oscar Broecker
Hi there!
I am new to hypnosis and have only read RIP and watched Manchurian Approach.
Do you guys have any advice for me as to what to read (or watch)? I am not able to get any training around here (In my entire country…) and was hoping you could help me still.

Thank you very much in advance Smile
-Oscar

P.S. Sorry for the bad English...
Quatermass
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Quatermass
Did you want stage hypnosis?

Actually if you want something interesting for starting out try this

http://www.lewisleval.com/#!icais/ly01o
Oscar Broecker
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Thank you very much Smile

I am just intrigued by hypnosis at the moment... Not espeacially stage hypnosis.

I will probably go for casual hypnosis, maybe like busking.

So to try and answer you question, no. I don't want to do stage hypnosis, and I don't think I want to end up doing stage hypnosis, that is simply not a goal of mine Smile

-Oscar
mahucharn
View Profile
Elite user
418 Posts

Profile of mahucharn
Ormund McGill's New Encyclopedia of Stage Hyponotism is the standard "Bible" for hypnosis, though it is more stage oriented.
Oscar Broecker
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Thanks Smile
I will look into it
LewisLeVal
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of LewisLeVal
Hi everyone, just stumbled across this. Hello Quatermass thank you for the recommendation on my book Smile I hope it becomes a good starting point for anyone interested in this sort of thing. It's the book I wish I had when I was learning!

Hey Mahucharn, I was unaware of Ormund McGill's New Encyclopedia of Stage Hyponotism until now, I will be sure to check it out it sounds great! Smile

I would also recommend any of Anthony Jacquin's works. He has something for everyone from beginner to advanced, and has a great way of teaching so you can learn faster. after learning street/closeup/impromptu hypnosis, it also makes it easier to progress to stage if you ever chose to.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Books? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL