The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Invisible Card by Blake Vogt (54 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
chuds
View Profile
Loyal user
U.K
221 Posts

Profile of chuds
Now this looks interesting, it does remind me of Marc Oberon way out though.
Chuds
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
It is a little like that Marc Oberon trick
Kay99
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Kay99
I love this effect, have performed it at every walk around gig I have perform since the start of the year.... Blake has a very creative mind ticking away in there..
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2016, Xcath1 wrote:
It is a little like that Marc Oberon trick

Way better pocket management obviously. The spec also shockingly enough think it's a card appearance (I initially didn't think that's what they would perceive it as). It's a small thing to carry around and I just lost mine on Thursday night! Another one is on the way.
C. Dunlop Magic
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of C. Dunlop Magic
This is SUCH a worker. I do it almost everyday. Highly recommend it.
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
845 Posts

Profile of roblane
This is superb! I expect most of us could have a stab at the method here and not be far off, but the gimmick is really both clever and practical. I had visions of it being fiddly to use and having to remember a sequence of 'moves' to get to the final reveal. Happily it's very easy to get to that reveal,and as Blake mentions in the explanation, 'why would you be opening this folded card if it was the wrong one?' No issues with pocket space and the gimmick seems durable enough. I'll be buying a spare, put it that way.
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
Sawer
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Sawer
Can we vanish the card after revealing by TKO?
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2016, Sawer wrote:

No need plus you're not working with a deck here.
Sawer
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Sawer
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2016, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:

I thought UCCU and TKO were different. For UCCU deck is required but I don't think so for TKO as I have seen coin vanish from TKO. UCCU I think is for ditching and TKO for vanishing small objects.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2016, Sawer wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2016, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:

I thought UCCU and TKO were different. For UCCU deck is required but I don't think so for TKO as I have seen coin vanish from TKO. UCCU I think is for ditching and TKO for vanishing small objects.

Why do you need to vanish it in the first place ? Yes TKO can vanish coins , but tossing your IC gimmick inside and like you said vanish it is pretty awkward and strange , there's no need to vanish every single thing ...

If you have justification for it and really need to vanish it , just perform a false transfer will do , or switch to a folded blank card and at the end reveal that all they see are illusions ?
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Ikr....why the hell would you wanna vanish the card....well if you really wanted to do a vanish you could say "but see this card was all just in your imagination" whilst doing your vanish and then bam its gone.....but I still don't see the need..

Sleepy
Sawer
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Sawer
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2016, Sleepymentalism wrote:
Ikr....why the hell would you wanna vanish the card....well if you really wanted to do a vanish you could say "but see this card was all just in your imagination" whilst doing your vanish and then bam its gone.....but I still don't see the need..

Sleepy

But they will want to see the card afterwards for examining.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2016, Sleepymentalism wrote:

Sleepy

But they will want to see the card afterwards for examining.

They usually don't ask to see the card afterwards. What I have noticed is that if you present it as a prediction, then they want to see the card. If you present it the way which is taught on the video (a card appearance and then reveal), they no long ask to see the card. In fact, the effect is made stronger when you present it as an appearance then reveal because when you make it "appear" they already know what's coming and would give a great reaction at that point. When you then reveal the thought of card, you get this second great reaction.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I've said before how much I love "The Invisible Card". This is hands-down one of the best items that I've purchased in a long time. In fact, I just bought a spare to keep in my strolling case. Having had the chance to perform it both ways (mentalism vs. magic presentation), the magic presentation of the card appearing in your hand is a tad stronger. And since I perform both magic and mentalism when strolling I will likely go this direction. But since my parlor show is all mentalism I will use the influence presentation.

What I've found most interesting is that when you go the direction of the card appearing, there is absolutely NO heat at all on the card gimmick. People literally give up because they assume that you're holding the correct card. For the mentalism presentation, I found it to be delightful when used in combination with the 'Q' index. It's a simple matter of putting your hand in the pocket briefly then removing it under the guise of, "Actually, you may want to keep this card to tell your friends about this." I realize it may seem to some of you like "I'm running without being chased" but the little tiny movement in/out of my pocket looks so natural when done casually.
On The Offbeat
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of On The Offbeat
Can this be done effectively close up, I mean about 2 feet from specs, or is it better for parlour?
Maybe I should re-phrase that question...are most of you doing this within a couple feet of people?
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2016, Jared wrote:
I've said before how much I love "The Invisible Card". This is hands-down one of the best items that I've purchased in a long time. In fact, I just bought a spare to keep in my strolling case. Having had the chance to perform it both ways (mentalism vs. magic presentation), the magic presentation of the card appearing in your hand is a tad stronger. And since I perform both magic and mentalism when strolling I will likely go this direction. But since my parlor show is all mentalism I will use the influence presentation.

What I've found most interesting is that when you go the direction of the card appearing, there is absolutely NO heat at all on the card gimmick. People literally give up because they assume that you're holding the correct card. For the mentalism presentation, I found it to be delightful when used in combination with the 'Q' index. It's a simple matter of putting your hand in the pocket briefly then removing it under the guise of, "Actually, you may want to keep this card to tell your friends about this." I realize it may seem to some of you like "I'm running without being chased" but the little tiny movement in/out of my pocket looks so natural when done casually.

I would actually go with using an index as well if presenting it as an influence piece or what not. I've noticed that sometimes one gets asked to see the card when the effect is not presented as a card appearance but rather as a prediction (learned this when I was initially working it and was still getting use to the patter and presentation, basically in the beginning I forgot to do the whole invisible cards bit and have them fold an invisible card and put it into my closed fist, thus I had essentially skipped the card appearance step).

Quote:
On Apr 11, 2016, On The Offbeat wrote:
Can this be done effectively close up, I mean about 2 feet from specs, or is it better for parlour?
Maybe I should re-phrase that question...are most of you doing this within a couple feet of people?

Yes, easily. Your bad angle is directly behind you but you can easily cover that (and it's also not a horrendous angle to begin with, just that it can potentially show).
hocuspocus
View Profile
New user
Magicster
69 Posts

Profile of hocuspocus
It's a pretty interesting concept, but I think inferno maybe is a better and more practical to use
Bundleofstix
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Bundleofstix
Okay, so it would seem most people here don't think it's a good idea to vanish the card at the end of the effect, but what if I were to turn it into a dove?
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2016, Bundleofstix wrote:
Okay, so it would seem most people here don't think it's a good idea to vanish the card at the end of the effect, but what if I were to turn it into a dove?

Wow ... Just wow ... Seriously , a dove ?

I'm not saying it's a bad idea but ... Closeup , a definite no , stage or parlor ? Maybe , if you've got a good premise and flow to it ? I mean you'll end up with face cards as the revelation and can justify it by saying it's a living card and maybe turn it into a dove ?

Not the best idea though but it'll be an interesting thought if well structured .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2016, hocuspocus wrote:
It's a pretty interesting concept, but I think inferno maybe is a better and more practical to use

This is actually more practical and is the epitome of economy in terms of pocket space. Get Inferno if you like that presentation more though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Invisible Card by Blake Vogt (54 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL