The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Invisible Card by Blake Vogt (54 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1116 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Excellent solution to this plot, kudos to Blake!
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
612 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Not sure if it's me, but can't get the video to play on my apple products which seems pretty stupid if that's the case. The effect looks amazing but even handmade the price seems a bit ridiculous like a lot of other Theory 11 releases. At $15 or so less I'd probably impulse buy but half a Benjamin just seems a bit excessive. Is it worth it from anyone who has it?
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2378 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
50 dollars seems like a lot to me for what you can achieve with this gaff.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2821 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Joshua Jay has something like this on his Unreal DVD's. Your hand becomes their hand holding a matchbox. This seems like a better option as THEY hold the item. This is a snap judgment as I haven't even watched the video for TIC. So maybe I don't know what I am talking about.

Nathan
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2306 Posts

Profile of Doomo
I just prefer a GOOD index and thus no equivoque. But I am strange in that way.

Tony
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4757 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2015, Doomo wrote:
I just prefer a GOOD index and thus no equivoque. But I am strange in that way.

Tony

Exactly! And I am with Jon on this- again we have false advertising. I guess if people are stupid enough to keep falling for it and not calling it out and boycotting it will keep happening. I would love to hear what the creator has to say about this false advertising?

RNK
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2015, Medifro wrote:

Is that the same one that Blake did in the New Year's party for Pitbull? I thought it was cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8qhmCElLTU

Yes. They play that video in the T11 trailer.
Benmorrisrains
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Benmorrisrains
I too am curious as to how this differs from Joshua Jays effect. Is the gimmick different? Seems pretty much the same. As far as using equivocate to obtain a predetermined card or set of cards, in the spectators mind doesn't it seem free anyways? Use an index if you want to do absolutely any card. I think for magicians an index if done right will always be stronger because they may pick up on the equivocate, but to a spectator who cares. I think people on here forget who their audience is.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8053 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The problem I see is that this is not repeatable, as opposed to an index, which is. For table hopping type situations I mean.
Benmorrisrains
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Benmorrisrains
Oh gotcha. Yeah, that makes sense. If they can really pick any court card then that would open up a few more opportunities over Inferno.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1778 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
With an index you do need to go to a pocket. With this or Inferno, your hand never leaves their view (or the matchbox never leaves their hand)
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
SNAPS | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Too similar to Inferno, which to me looks superior because of the fact that the burnt card at the end. The burning presentation also seems to make more sense than dropping cards on the floor.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3700 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I have Inferno and it is terrific, but it does involve stealing something away. I believe the construction of the gimmicked card allows to show the various court cards in a single card without the move necessary with Inferno. You can see him set the card prior to opening it up in the Pit Bull New Year's Eve demo video.His display of the card at the end is a bit awkward and cannot be freely shown as the card in Inferno. There is a trade off. Knowing Blake's work, I am sure the card is very well made and quite intricate. It might be a type of la.y su..n built inside the card. Is it worth $50.00? It is sold out and time will tell. Will wait for some reviews though.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
777 Posts

Profile of scott0819
This looks interesting; I'll be watching for reviews. Does anyone know if the gimmick can cover more than four possible outcomes? That would be a clear advantage over Inferno if that is the case.

Personally, I'll probably stick to using Bryn Reynolds' SEVEN for this type of effect. Anyone that doesn't think pure equivoque could work for this sort of thing should really invest in a copy of the Safwan Papers.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8053 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2015, scott0819 wrote:
This looks interesting; I'll be watching for reviews. Does anyone know if the gimmick can cover more than four possible outcomes? That would be a clear advantage over Inferno if that is the case.

Personally, I'll probably stick to using Bryn Reynolds' SEVEN for this type of effect. Anyone that doesn't think pure equivoque could work for this sort of thing should really invest in a copy of the Safwan Papers.

I believe the spec had a complete free choice of court card, if I'm not mistaken.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1327 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
A free choice of Queens, not of any court card, unless I'm mistaken.
No doubt Blake's gaff is clever, but as noted above, if you know how to do it well, you can achieve this without any gaff at all, and with just as great an impact. You could put the card in their hand, for instance, and let them keep it.
It's all in the reflexes.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2015, Illucifer wrote:
No doubt Blake's gaff is clever, but as noted above, if you know how to do it well, you can achieve this without any gaff at all, and with just as great an impact. You could put the card in their hand, for instance, and let them keep it.

The main reason I think it's of any court card is because Blake did something very similar on wizard wars with A free choice of the 12 signs of the zodiac. Which just so happens to be how many court cards there are.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8053 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:

NFW. Smile
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
668 Posts

Profile of jimesw
[quote]On Sep 2, 2015, Magic.Maddy wrote:
Quote:

It is any court card, not just the queens. Hope that clears things up. Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8053 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Illucifer was having a blonde moment I think. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Invisible Card by Blake Vogt (54 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL