The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Invisible Card by Blake Vogt (54 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
ManchurianMan83
View Profile
Veteran user
United Kingdom
304 Posts

Profile of ManchurianMan83
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2015, Xcath1 wrote:
I went through it I thought . I didn't see any owners check in, only speculators.

Providing the demo video performance is honest, and the second and third spectator were not stooged, then it will be 12 outs.

Providing.....
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2095 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2015, scott0819 wrote:

Personally, I'll probably stick to using Bryn Reynolds' SEVEN for this type of effect. Anyone that doesn't think pure equivoque could work for this sort of thing should really invest in a copy of the Safwan Papers.

Thank you, Scott. SEVEN is my pet.....

Bryn
*ISOLATION /QUARANTINE SPECIAL!!!*
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls eBooks:
- Now only $10 ea! PayPal to: cavscout19@hotmail.com

Please read the many great reviews here at the Cafe:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS" eBook:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

Thanks,
Bryn
cavscout19@hotmail.com (also my PayPal for purchases)
FrankieF
View Profile
Veteran user
So Cal
334 Posts

Profile of FrankieF
Theres a huge difference to Laymen between just name any card and a whole process.
ManchurianMan83
View Profile
Veteran user
United Kingdom
304 Posts

Profile of ManchurianMan83
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2015, FrankieF wrote:
Theres a huge difference to magicians between just name any card and a whole process.

Just corrected your post there! Smile
h0ud1n1
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, CA
7 Posts

Profile of h0ud1n1
Hey guys, Blake Vogt here. h0ud1n1 has been my username since middle school! Thought I would hop on and answer as many questions as possible with out giving away method.

First of all, the next shipment of Invisible Cards should be available some time next week, so if you're interested in finding out exactly when more become available, go here: https://store.theory11.com/products/invi......ake-vogt and click the "Notify Me" button to sign up for an email notification for when they are back on sale.

Each gimmick is handcrafted - they take ONE HOUR to make a piece. The good news is that they're ready to use out of the box, and they'll last you hundreds of performances.

I am very well aware that Inferno and Invisible Card appear to be similar so I thought I would attempt to cover that topic. Inferno and Invisible Card are different in presentation and VERY different in method. The main differences in the effects (without going into details about the method which is difficult):

1. Number of items required: Inferno - a few // Invisible Card - one
2. Amount of specific questions required in scripting: Inferno - a few // Invisible Card - one
3. Amount of palming and sleight of hand moves required: Inferno - a few // Invisible Card - zero
4. Examinable at the end: Inferno - Yes // Invisible Card - No (not without sleight of hand)

Inferno is a great effect and I love all of Joshua Jay’s material. He is amazing. If you are not familiar with Inferno I would highly recommend it.

I'm obviously biased, but I prefer Invisible Card due to the handling and extremely flexible script that is possible utilizing this one crazy card. Hope this helps clear some things up!

Thanks!

- Blake Vogt
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
How did I miss the second batch. Soooo mad. Couldn't log into my computer at work... military computer won't allow theory 11
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I called at 3:00 PM and they were sold out already. Of course I called at 3:00 PM CST - not EST. Doh!#$%!

The Theory 11 person said they sold out in 15 minutes!!

Robert
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
I fulfilled my Fibonacci obsesson with
1235 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Made the same mistake, Robert.
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
895 Posts

Profile of David Klass
So much for the T11 Notify Me button then.
I didn't get any emails.

Sounds like this may go down the same route as Regeneration where it's nearly impossible to find refills.
GAMJoker
View Profile
Loyal user
Bad language skills confirmed in
223 Posts

Profile of GAMJoker
Well the free chosen card seems a lot like a standard ma******s choice force for me, so not sure if the gimmicked card only is worth 50 bucks, is it?
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
301 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2015, GAMJoker wrote:
Well the free chosen card seems a lot like a standard ma******s choice force for me, so not sure if the gimmicked card only is worth 50 bucks, is it?

it allows you for the spectator to have a free selection from any of the court cards.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4507 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2015, GAMJoker wrote:

IMO there is a HUGE difference between needing to ask 2 or more questions as opposed to only needing to ask one.
Now Max Maven can ask 50 questions and it looks unsuspicious. Whereas I have trouble getting away with 2, so it could possibly be something I could use.
But many members here would find ithe prop unnecessary I'm sure.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1357 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Agree. The problem with more than one question with cards is you often have to change the direction you go in. Court cards or spots; ok we'll get rid of spots....j,q or k; or we'll keep the queen. I'm not saying that's exactly how you'd do it but it does feel a bit like that sometimes
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Well it's sold out twice. So I would like to hear from someone who has it and is aware of both ways or even and inferno comparison. Too me the number of questions doesn't matter if there is anything other then "think of a card... what is it"
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8036 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Yes, very strange that not a single review has popped up yet?
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
898 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2015, paisa23 wrote:
Well it's sold out twice. So I would like to hear from someone who has it and is aware of both ways or even and inferno comparison. Too me the number of questions doesn't matter if there is anything other then "think of a card... what is it"
That would be such an awful presentation..

"Name a card." "Okay 6 of clubs." "Look it's in my hand." "Oh.. Cool."

Tadaaaaaaa!
GAMJoker
View Profile
Loyal user
Bad language skills confirmed in
223 Posts

Profile of GAMJoker
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2015, TheDirectionalist wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2015, paisa23 wrote:
That would be such an awful presentation..

"Name a card." "Okay 6 of clubs." "Look it's in my hand." "Oh.. Cool."

Tadaaaaaaa!

If you do it like that yes, but there is also a trick (I can't remember the name atm) where a spectator can say a number between 1 & 100 and in your shirt pocket you have a peace of paper with the number written on it.
That's also only 1 question: "Say a number between 1 and 100", but if you build up the reveal after that it's not a bad trick at all. I love this trick and I always get great reactions with it.
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
898 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
My point is, process can be an effective use of presentation. Even if asking them to name a number between 1-100.

Even if the method has nothing to do with a process, I still like to add process.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
I saw this the other day............

I can do this having the spectator placing a single card in their hand, and with no equiv or magicians choice create the same effect, BUT for those less confident I think this may be a nice way to go about it.

just my opinion.

All the best

R
movemonkey
View Profile
Loyal user
Detroit, USA
209 Posts

Profile of movemonkey
First I want to say Im fan of Blake Vogt Regeneration and I ordered this without thinking..... but received it today, Im sorry to say the gimmick is horribly thick and tends to not align correctly when you open some outs.... you have to cover the edges of the cards full time and I don't think the handling taught on the DVD is deceptive enough in front of a attentive audience.... unless you perform for drunk people or do everything on a very very offbeat situation...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Invisible Card by Blake Vogt (54 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL