The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Invisible Card by Blake Vogt (54 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
h0ud1n1
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, CA
7 Posts

Profile of h0ud1n1
Hey movemonkey,

Just wanted to say that I have performed this effect thousands of times over the past 4 years and you now have the same gimmick that I have had in my pocket all that time and yours is even thinner. The handling does take SOME practice, but I am confident with every performance you will gain confidence in your presentation and the gimmick. Please DO go out and try this effect on real people before critiquing the effect now that you know how it works.

I have closed my stage show using this effect and have closed walk around sets with this. Just last week I carried this around and gathered a group of 30 people (all right next to me) and closed my close-up set with this causing more than half of them to go running away and no alcohol was involved.

Lastly, Ill happily make myself available personally to answer any questions or offer any additional tips desired - email me (bvogtmagic@gmail.com) anytime. I stand behind my work, and I know theory11 does too, so I want you to love and use this effect or Ill happily return your purchase. This is something Ive gotten enormous value out of for years now, and likewise with many other performers. When I had three minutes to perform live on the Fox New Years Eve show, this is what I did - so I think that speaks for itself in the potential and confidence I have in this effect. Its a WORKER, and with proper handling and presentation, Im more than confident it will be the same for you.

-Blake Vogt
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1583 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2015, Fatgumbo wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2015, GAMJoker wrote:
Well the free chosen card seems a lot like a standard ma******s choice force for me, so not sure if the gimmicked card only is worth 50 bucks, is it?

it allows you for the spectator to have a free selection from any of the court cards.

Yes, basically it is like Inferno, but Invisible Card can show ANY Court Cards named, the whole face of the card CAN BE SHOWN. In addition, the back of the card is not burnt like Inferno, and sometimes that burnt mark does not met my presentation. So Invisible Card become the choice when I do not want the burn mark at the back of the card, and I do not set up inxxx system during the show, plus no need to carry a I.D. or Brainwave with me, so one deck less in that two cases.

Also, that will make one elimination less, which is good but on the other hand the gimmick will be thicker than Inferno.

I think both effects have their own trade-offs, so I think both are brilliant in my opinion. Well that including I also other inxxx system which can pull out any card they name, but only after they revealed their thought of card.

I am no mental magic expert so I cannot say anything about put a playing card on spectator and they can nail it, I love to but I am still learning.

Great magic products getting rare these days, especially worker items, I hope more worker items can release in future by new generations of magicians.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Theo
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Theo
It would be good to actually be able to purchase Invisible Card. I logged on to Theory 11 the other night on time as they said, put it in the cart and when I went to check out..bam, out of stock already and out of the cart. Who knows when it will be back in stock! It should be called Invisible Trick!
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2397 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I seen one for sale on ebay and it looks really thick? Not sure It will be as good as it sounds. I will stick with Inferno as well.
JosephMeinMagician
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of JosephMeinMagician
This looks incredible, I wonder if you can put the card in the spectators hand because that would be even more impossible. I am fooled by how it works. If it is as practical and as durable as people say then this will be one of the best tricks of 2015. I would say it is on par with inferno.
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1361 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2015, JosephMeinMagician wrote:
This looks incredible, I wonder if you can put the card in the spectators hand because that would be even more impossible. I am fooled by how it works. If it is as practical and as durable as people say then this will be one of the best tricks of 2015. I would say it is on par with inferno.

Of course you can put the card in the spectator's hand..but I don't think you'll want to.
Phatmeat
View Profile
Elite user
Germantown, Maryland
499 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
I have one listed for sale here in case anyone is interested: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=76
danskefogden
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of danskefogden
I got this some weeks ago, I love it, recomanded highly!!
rjs
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of rjs
Ekaterina gave it a strong review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcKgjCNFLXg

She placed it in her top 3 tricks for 2015.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4509 Posts

Profile of videoman
I bought this but then sold it, simply because I prefer JJ's Inferno.
But it's all subjective, some are no doubt going to love Blake's solution to this effect.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2304 Posts

Profile of Doomo
She showed the card in the review but it was blurry as hell. Cant tell at all what it looks like.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1132 Posts

Profile of paperinick
I don't think it was intentional, she set the lens to a very shallow depth of field.
My 2c
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
I got bought this at Xmas (my girlfriend is an expert gift buyer!) and I love it. I've only used it a few times so far, but it's fooling and amazing.

I think it's a really nice solution to the thought of card plot, the thickness really isn't an issue at all and the indexing system is way easier to use than I thought it would be. It'll work really nicely in cabaret, I can't wait to try it out in that environment!

All in all, I'm a fan. Really great work Blake, I'll be buying another as a spare.

DC
Producer // PenguinMagic.com

My new book :: Astral Psychometry. Modern Mystical Mentalism.
Magic Cafe members get 20% off - Use code MAGICCAFE at checkout!

https://deechristopher.rocks/collections/dee-christopher-products/products/astral-psychometry
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
It'd be cool to do an ESP version of this.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3331 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Is each gimmick a different card, so if you bought two, you could have a different outcome if repeated later on during the evening
Phatmeat
View Profile
Elite user
Germantown, Maryland
499 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Each and ever gimmick is identical and it allows for a multitude of reveals. A single gimmick allows for a variety of outcomes each performance.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1856 Posts

Profile of Platt
A variation of Inferno which was a variation of Paul Harris 'One and Only.' Great method of equivoque which deserves multiple solutions for the reveal.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1132 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2015, seanksutton wrote:
It'd be cool to do an ESP version of this.

I don't really agree. This gimmick gives the illusion that you have 52 possibile choices. Suddenly with ESP you are reducing the impact a lot.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3745 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Got mine last night and have to say it's one of the most creative gimmicks I've seen in years. Not at all what I was expecting. Has to be a major pain to make. Hopefully durability won't be an issue.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3331 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2015, Phatmeat wrote:
Each and ever gimmick is identical and it allows for a multitude of reveals. A single gimmick allows for a variety of outcomes each performance.

Thanks Phatmeat
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Invisible Card by Blake Vogt (54 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL