The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Eco-box by Hand Crafted Miracles & Mark Southworth (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Hey guys,
Did you see this?
It looks as a great alternative to the mystery box plot.

Description:
As a young man I had the good fortune to meet the legendary Dia Vernon and will never forget a pearl of wisdom he shared with me. "Good magic is like well written comedy" he said, "the audience shouldn't suspect the punchline until you reveal it at the end". The opaque black Eco-Box is identical in appearance to a small department store jewelry box and puts the punchline at the end of the routine leaving the spectators to wonder how the card teleported into the box, instead of watching for a clever switch. I believe both types have situational merits, but for laymen, I prefer to not let them get ahead by knowing the contents. There is much satisfaction in seeing the "magic moment" reflected in their faces when the box is opened and the punchline dawns on them.

The Eco-Box is designed as the ultimate tool for working close-up or strolling magicians and mentalists. Here are some key features that really set it apart:

Size- incredibly small measuring just 2 x 1.5 x 5/8 inches it takes little more pocket room than a box of matches and when opened the folded card or billet appears to fill the entire box.

Perfect Illusion- you will swear the card or billet tumbles from the box even when you know the secret.

Examinable- may be rubber banded and given to a spectator to hold before the routine, and instantly examined after. (I strongly recommend just leaving it open on the table, where it will most likely never be given a second thought. To laymen it's just a box)

Practical- resets in less than two seconds either between tables or when putting the lid on the box. Full reset instructions for real world situations are included in the instructional video.

Versatile- can quickly be changed between a pre-prepared playing card, billet, bill, lottery ticket, newspaper or magazine clipping, receipt, gum wrapper, the possibilities are endless. The folded items are real 3D objects not just flat corners or pieces.

Quality- each Eco-Box is manufactured and tested in the Handcrafted Miracles workshop and never outsourced, allowing us to ensure quality and consistent performance.

Affordable- we are committed to maintaining affordability for our working peers while raising the bar in quality and performance standards. The Eco-Box demonstrates that commitment.

The Eco-Box includes a full video download with expert instruction, care and maintenance, tips and tricks, and audience tested routines from real world working pros.

Order yours today and blow some minds without blowing your entire paycheck.

Warm Regards, Dannicus
Handcrafted Miracles, San Diego CA
"Where cutting edge magic meets old world craftsmanship"

Trailer:

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hey everybody..This will be available at Hocus Pocus next week..Watch our website www.hocus-pocus.com for more info. and FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING...

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Looks nice... But I guess I will have to wait for a while...
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
This is now up and available at Hocus Pocus:
http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?p=31344

Size- incredibly small measuring just 2 x 1.5 x 5/8 inches it takes little more pocket room than a box of matches and when opened the folded card or billet appears to fill the entire box.

Perfect Illusion- you will swear the card or billet tumbles from the box even when you know the secret.

Examinable- may be rubber banded and given to a spectator to hold before the routine, and instantly examined after. (I strongly recommend just leaving it open on the table, where it will most likely never be given a second thought. To laymen it's just a box)

Practical- resets in less than two seconds either between tables or when putting the lid on the box. Full reset instructions for real world situations are included in the instructional video.

Versatile- can quickly be changed between a pre-prepared playing card, billet, bill, lottery ticket, newspaper or magazine clipping, receipt, gum wrapper, the possibilities are endless. The folded items are real 3D objects not just flat corners or pieces.

Quality- each Eco-Box is manufactured and tested in the Handcrafted Miracles workshop and never outsourced, allowing us to ensure quality and consistent performance.

Affordable- we are committed to maintaining affordability for our working peers while raising the bar in quality and performance standards. The Eco-Box demonstrates that commitment.
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
Toll Free: 800-407-4040
www.hocus-pocus.com
KatieD
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere Out There!
103 Posts

Profile of KatieD
Same with MJM Magic. They have it on their site with a shipping date for tomorrow (September 3rd)! For the price, this looks like a fantastic item!

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/-p-20901.html
chrismatt
View Profile
Special user
Why would you read any of my
978 Posts

Profile of chrismatt
How is this better or different from John Kennedy's Mystery Box, other than apparently allowing for different objects (billets, bills, index cards, etc.) to be switched?
Details make perfection, but perfection is no detail.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Size, 3D looking, easy to switch item..
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Nice item. The box looks really good. Less like a 'magicians gimmick' than the clear boxes in my opinion.

Merchant of Magic have these on the site here:
http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p146718/ECO_BOX/product_info.html

They are shipping out from the UK to everyone tomorrow.

If you subscribe to the MoM newsletter, you should get an email as they are doing a special launch deal on Eco Box.

I like the versitility of the box, and also the price point compared to the other boxes currently on the market.

Good stuff!

Best wishes
Dominic
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Saw this yesterday. It is a less expensive alternative to their terrific Miracle Prediction Chest. It is only $34.95. I ordered one even though I have two of their Miracle Prediction Chests. Sounds and looks very practical and well made. The simple box is easy to carry around and due to its simple design, it does not look like a prop.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
LookyLookyMan
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of LookyLookyMan
Wow. Must have cost a lot to license the bond music!
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Hello friends. I am Richard Mendez - one of those fortunate enough to be selected to receive a prototype for beta testing and will appear in the performance section of the instructional video performing a borrowed, signed dollar bill transposition effect. Although I own a Miracle Prediction Chest, I find myself performing with Eco-Box more frequently reserving the other for more formal settings. Eco-Box is the first of it's kind priced this affordably but, like all others, is worth far more than the retail price. It is light weight, resets instantly and is very versatile allowing you to change a real 3D gimmick out in seconds. Ideal for street, table hoppers and strolling magicians. It is small, durable, and with reasonable care will provide many years of mystery, wonder and performance satisfaction. This will remain a permanent part of my professional performance repertoire. Aside from being a fan that recognizes great magic when I see it, I am in no way affiliated with the creator of this product. This was a completely unbiased post. I will remain a Handmade Miracles fan for life.
chrismatt
View Profile
Special user
978 Posts

Profile of chrismatt
In the video ad, there appears to be some fumbling to "lock" the box down after the toss. Is there some problem with locking the 3D feke into the box? Is it 100% reliable? It doesn't look particularly smooth in the video.

Thanks,
CM
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Quote:
On Sep 3, 2015, chrismatt wrote:
In the video ad, there appears to be some fumbling to "lock" the box down after the toss. Is there some problem with locking the 3D feke into the box? Is it 100% reliable? It doesn't look particularly smooth in the video.

Thanks,
CM

Hi Chris, I am one of the co-creators and the manufacturer. In actual live performance I leave the box turned for a while because in videotaping myself that is how I handled a non gimmcked box.

The Eco-Box certainly requires no fumbling at all depending on how you choose to perform it.

Here is a link to another video that shows the switch very openly. There are no camera tricks.

https://youtu.be/mdRLSq7AwHA

I hope this answers your question

Best regards,
Dan
Owner of Handcrafted Miracles, San Diego
www.handcraftedmiracles.com

See our items and like us on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/handcraftedmiracles
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
I'm still waiting for my box to arrive. I'm waiting since april for a wooden version of the box. perhaps mark is over here?
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
http://rasmusmagic.ch
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Rasmus what box did you order and from whom?
Did you order the Miracle Prediction Chest? That is our first release. It is a small wooden close up chest with a recessed lock.

MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
This is pure eye candy. Very nice.
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Quote:
On Sep 3, 2015, Dannicus wrote:
Rasmus what box did you order and from whom?
Did you order the Miracle Prediction Chest? That is our first release. It is a small wooden close up chest with a recessed lock.

yepp
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
http://rasmusmagic.ch
chrismatt
View Profile
Special user
978 Posts

Profile of chrismatt
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
CM

Hi Chris, I am one of the co-creators and the manufacturer. In actual live performance I leave the box turned for a while because in videotaping myself that is how I handled a non gimmcked box.

The Eco-Box certainly requires no fumbling at all depending on how you choose to perform it.

Here is a link to another video that shows the switch very openly. There are no camera tricks.

Best regards,
Dan

Hi Dan,

Yes, the youtube video certainly answers my question quite well! In the ad video, the dump/switch is performed awkwardly with the dump occurring away from the S's line of sight. In your youtube video, the dump is handled side on, which is better, and face on, which is much better! The illusion is excellent face on and there is no fumbling. THAT is the way the switch should be performed.

Moreover, the 3-D aspect is excellent, as is the ease of setting up different "dummy" objects to be switched out. The only downside I can see is the difficulty of setting up a so-called Jamy Ian Swiss subtlety (for example, having a coin with the folded paper inside the box and the coin actually falls out of the box to join the switched in folded paper). Can your box accommodate that?

Thanks so much for the video. It really made clear (for me) that your box is a real winner!

Good luck,
CM
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Cool, I haven't seen a new product for signed card to box in about 10 minutes.
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2015, chrismatt wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
CM

Best regards,
Dan

Hi Dan,

Yes, the youtube video certainly answers my question quite well! In the ad video, the dump/switch is performed awkwardly with the dump occurring away from the S's line of sight. In your youtube video, the dump is handled side on, which is better, and face on, which is much better! The illusion is excellent face on and there is no fumbling. THAT is the way the switch should be performed.

Moreover, the 3-D aspect is excellent, as is the ease of setting up different "dummy" objects to be switched out. The only downside I can see is the difficulty of setting up a so-called Jamy Ian Swiss subtlety (for example, having a coin with the folded paper inside the box and the coin actually falls out of the box to join the switched in folded paper). Can your box accommodate that?

Thanks so much for the video. It really made clear (for me) that your box is a real winner!

Good luck,
CM

Thank You and good question CM.
The answer is yes but within certain limits. I have used it that way but do not want to tip the method here so it is q bit difficult to describe. If you are really interested send me a PM and I will try to answer, but I will have to beg your patience in my response. We have already received a re order request and we are working diligently to get the orders made and shipped. We make them all in house and do not outsource anything including packaging.

Regarding the switch, I teach various methods and use them all circumstantially. With magicians I always go head on, but with laymen I go to great lengths to make sure the switch is not a magic moment. To them there is no need for a visual switch at all because the box they held the entire time is not in question.

I quietly shot hours of video of my family and friends emptying items from jars, bowls, Plates, and boxes into their hand for almost 6 months. 97% of the time in over 300 videos, they naturally emptied the container toward them self giving it a shake or brush with their finger to ensure the contents were emptied. I believe what looks clunky to you and I looks sometimes more natural to laymen because we view it from a different perspective. Next time you are in a bar watch some one empty the last few pretzels or peanuts from a bowl on the bar.

I'm not saying it has to be done that way, I'm just saying that I think magicians (myself included) sometimes make a showy move where one isn't necessary. With laymen, it can sometimes even work against us. I think the best I strategy is to use what you are relaxed and comfortable with. Having done this hundreds of times for laymen, I can honestly say one works just as good as another as long as you are relaxed.

My .02 any way for what it is works LOL

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Eco-box by Hand Crafted Miracles & Mark Southworth (25 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL