The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Orlando Roller Coasters (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I love Orlando Roller Coasters... They are awesome. Some are much higher than others. Some have more twists and turns. My favorite is Dueling Dragons while my son and wife prefer Thunder Mountain. Both drag you up to a high point and then let you roll back down. In the end you are back to the beginning. They are building the highest coaster in the world here. Should be fun.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/20/travel/wor......dex.html
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I like Rock'n'Roller Coaster and Expedition Everest. I've never been to Universal, and I will NOT be on the new one... Smile
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2015, ClintonMagus wrote:
I like Rock'n'Roller Coaster and Expedition Everest. I've never been to Universal, and I will NOT be on the new one... Smile

I got engaged to my wife on Expedition Everest!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4159 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Its been a few years, but I really liked the Incredible Hulk coaster. Loved shooting out the tunnel while not being able to see any track!

(just for grins, as its not a coaster, I'll say that the Amazing Spiderman ride was the best ride I've ever been on).
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Last time I was on a Roller Coaster, I slipped off the seat and I was ROTFLMAO.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
My favorite roller coaster of all time is the Coney Island Cyclone. Built in 1927, it's still in operation but apparently will be closing soon. It will be missed.

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I remember the Cyclone. It's sad that it's going to be gone. Somewhere in Coney Island there's a smashed pair of glasses that taught me that you don't wear your glasses when you're riding a roller coaster. This is why, although I liked Rock and Roller Coaster, most of it was a loud, blurry mess to me. My family says there are TWO pictures they regret not picking up in Walt Disney World. One is the Dinosaur Ride where everyone was hiding from the big dinosaur at the end of the ride except me, I'm pointing at it and smiling like a loon. (Dude! It was a robot. No matter how scary it looked, it wasn't dangerous and I wasn't going to hide from it.) The other one is the picture of me at the end of Rock and Roller Coaster because I looked like I'd been through three miles of bad road.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I only ride roller coasters at gunpoint. There are some that look so evil to me, I would take the bullet rather than ride. a rather bizarre thought form someone who loves to fly, and teaches a major unit on Roller Coaster Physics. I can stare at a roller coaster in awe for a long time just watching the Physics happen.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I love Dueling Dragons also Slim but you gotta ride it in the front seat for the best effect!
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1217 Posts

Profile of imgic
Use to love riding roller coasters with my son. Our most harrowing experience was riding the Raging Bull at Six Flags. It was one of first Stand-Up Rollercoasters. You straddle a "stool" then they pushed a bar up against your gut until it locked. A rather portly lady was in our row and the bar wouldn't go past the required red line and fully lock. It clicked, but they couldn't guarantee it was locked. She begged to be allowed to go, and they let her! We spend the entire ride worried she was going to go flying off and grab us in the process...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2015, Chessmann wrote:
(just for grins, as its not a coaster, I'll say that the Amazing Spiderman ride was the best ride I've ever been on).

+1
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2015, rockwall wrote:
I love Dueling Dragons also Slim but you gotta ride it in the front seat for the best effect!

Yes ... But they no longer DUEL ... Someone was hurt(Blinded) by some flying metal from the other dragon as they faced off ... Sad story. Dueling dragons at night was one of the best rides EVER ... not the same now but still awesome at night time.

Don't ride in the front in the rain unless you like the feeling of ice picks in your eyes. Smile
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Quote:
Don't ride in the front in the rain unless you like the feeling of ice picks in your eyes.

My wife and I waited for hours to ride in the front car of "Millennium Force" the year it opened at Cedar Point in Ohio. At the time it held records for speed and height. It was finally our turn right at about sundown, you know, when the bugs come out. From the second we started down the first drop we spent the entire ride shielding our faces from the swarms of gnats that were pelting us. It felt like we were being sandblasted.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2015, Daryl -the other brother wrote:
Quote:
Don't ride in the front in the rain unless you like the feeling of ice picks in your eyes.

My wife and I waited for hours to ride in the front car of "Millennium Force" the year it opened at Cedar Point in Ohio. At the time it held records for speed and height. It was finally our turn right at about sundown, you know, when the bugs come out. From the second we started down the first drop we spent the entire ride shielding our faces from the swarms of gnats that were pelting us. It felt like we were being sandblasted.

ROTFLMAO..... I feel the pain.....
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2015, Ray Tupper. wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2015, Chessmann wrote:

+1

The ride was upgraded to 4K I'm pretty sure .. So much clearer now... a good improvement.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Orlando Roller Coasters (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL