The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Tom Brady Gets Away With It (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Wizzard
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Wizzard
The NFL has no subpoena power.
It's never the wand, it's always the magician
RogerTheShrubber
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of RogerTheShrubber
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2015, imgic wrote:
No. Each team brings 12 balls to the game. The team on offense uses their ball. It was a rule change a few years back, supposedly backed by Tom Brady on Payton Manning.

After Brady threw an interception in the first half, the Colt player kept the ball as a souvenir and gave it to one of Colt staff to hold onto. The trainer thought the ball felt soft and so brought it to attention of the Refs. They checked the balls at half time. Balls below allowable PSI were inflated. I don't believe the Colts' balls were checked (mmm...that did not sound right!)

The way I heard it is that the Colt player himself suspected that the ball was underinflated and handed it to the trainer for further investigation.

My opinion only, but the punishment was ridiculous, the switch from underinflating to lack of cooperation as the focus sounded like irresponsible backtracking, the Wells report was a joke, and I am ecstatic that the judge threw out Goodell's most recent stupidity - even though I'm no Patriots fan. That's five for five for the players in recent suspension cases. It's astonishing how Goodell has mishandled every one of them.

With Brady, a simple fine and maybe a loss of a draft pick would have had this story as old news months ago, and instead it's still the lead story on sports radio nine months after it happened. His handling of the Rice affair was abominable, made worse by his defense of his original decision. There was nothing in the second video that we didn't know from the first other than an actual view of the hit which we already knew took place. Goodell is so bad at this that I'd almost take Sepp Blatter to replace him.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20613 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have to say that last post saved me a lot of typing.

I would only add that the NFL is under assault and I don't see him as the guy to handle it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5185 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Im a Packer fan and my son is a Patriots fan so unless we are playing each other, we always root on the others team whether it be gameplay or controversy like this. He even feels bad that "I" lost a great starter for the year in pre-season. (But we are Packers and we will make due) Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Mystification
I agree that the punishment of a four game suspension was way too harsh. I also agree with the Judges ruling based on what the judge said. With that said.........we all know that Tom Brady was fully aware of what the ball boys were doing as far as under-inflating the footballs. They knew that is how Brady liked them, and they did it. He knew it. There is no proof, but he knew. He destroyed his phone so they could not link him to it. The one sided conversations we got to see from the ball boys phones, while not enough proof, were enough that any intelligent human being could see that Tom Brady knew what was going on. Just like the ball boys over inflate the footballs for Aaron Rodgers. Nobody cares about that though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Tom Brady Gets Away With It (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL