The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anyone else play Nintendo 3ds? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

terryisaacs
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of terryisaacs
Hey all, I enjoy playing my Nintendo 3ds xl in some of my down time. I was wondering if there was anyone else in the Café that also enjoys the 3ds. (I'm hoping I'm not alone) If you do, what 3ds/2ds do you have and what games do you enjoy?

I personally have the 3ds xl blue, and have really enjoyed pokemon y, fire emblem awakening, and zelda a link between worlds.
"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I'm afraid you're all alone. Smile
terryisaacs
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of terryisaacs
Rockwall, I think you are correct, lol. I figured it was worth a shot.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5185 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Nope, I am a proud 3DS player. My son bought me the Zelda Collector model 2 years ago. Smile
My favorite game is Brain Age (I also play the older DS version) Star Fox 3D plays very well on the 3DS too.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
terryisaacs
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of terryisaacs
Poof-Daddy, awesome to hear there is another. I always wanted to try brain age and the 3ds Starfox, I haven't played starfix since the n64.
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
I play my brother's sometimes, but much prefer the gameboy advanced SP.
Reality is a real killjoy.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5185 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Same with me on star fox. Not since the 64 but I finally found 1 used at a GameStop store and grabbed it up. It is really good on the 3DS. The game still was selling on Amazon (new only) for like $30, I think I got it for $20 used.

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5185 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2015, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Same with me on star fox. Not since the 64 but I finally found 1 used at a GameStop store and grabbed it up. It is really good on the 3DS. The game still was selling on Amazon (new only) for like $30, I think I got it for $20 used.

Brain age is great for keeping your mind healthy. It is like a way cheaper version of a Luminosity.com membership. A lot of simple math (thrown at you in hard scenarios) and memory games. I use it a lot for rehab from my meds, chemo and radiation to my head and neck (all of which affected my short term memory)

Smile Smile
terryisaacs
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of terryisaacs
Poof-Daddy, yeah if I had unlimited cash I would probably buy star fox and brain age right now. Did you ever play Phoenix Wright? I never had and have always been on the fence about eventually trying it.

ZachDavenport,
I thought the sp was a cool system especially after the even brighter screen of the sp came out. I personally strongly prefer the 3ds now but thought the sp was great in its own day and could still be enjoyed now with the right games.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5185 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
You can get the original DS version of Brain age for about $3 used at Gamestop. It will get you addicted enough to get the 3DS version soon after Smile The reason I still play the original is there is a very good built in Soduko game too (a sort of "zen mode"). Thought about Phoenix Wright but never took the plunge. I have a bunch of other games I just don't have time for and I think that one would be time consuming (like Zelda)

Smile Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20615 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You guys should get a club house. Probably an old phone booth would be big enough.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
terryisaacs
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of terryisaacs
Poof-Daddy, thanks for the heads up on finding an inexpensive brain age. I will try and pick up a copy.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5185 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
You guys should get a club house. Probably an old phone booth would be big enough.

Tried that once but some old fart named Dr. Who kept wanting to take me to other times where my games didn't work properly Smile

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anyone else play Nintendo 3ds? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL