The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Devils Drill (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1248 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
I received a review copy and I'm impressed with the idea. Had I not received it as a review copy I would of been very happy with my purchase.
Devils Drill is a method to elevate your mentalism skills, the method can produce some great effects. You will appear to know some pretty amazing things about participants you've only just met.

The method is new to me and I know I've missed out on a lot of opportunities in the past, however I now have this fantastic tool in my arsenal which I can't wait to exploit. There are no electronic devices and nothing can fail. If your willing to put a little extra effort in to your performance then you will appear to be the real deal and provide your participants with some pretty amazing experiences.

This is great and I look forward to reading our members experiences with this.

Joel.
REALWORKERS.CO.UK
TADAA.CO.UK - ASTONISHING MAGIC
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Thanks Joel. I was getting some great reviews on Devils drill until the "phantom" hit the thread and it was taken down. If you have any questions about Devils drill feel free to ask. You can do so much with (ie tell the spectator about an imaginary trip they have taken in their mind without a word spoken, a thought of card method, etc ). At the end of the day Devils drill is a tool to learn impossible information without electronics, stooges, confederates, or pumping. The pdf is $25. Thanks

Greg
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Is it similar to Cold Reading Greg? Sounds interesting.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I don't do any cold reading but Devils drill would be an incredible tool if you do. I use it to show that I can read people's thoughts---know what they are thinking.
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
884 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
My review was stolen by the "phantom" so I'll repost.. Smile

This is INSANELY clever! When I read the method I was smiling from ear to ear. I would've never have thought of this in a million years. It's a great way to harvest all sorts of info. No electronics, no written down info, no dual reality or stooging. It's brilliant.
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
I had the luck to receive a review copy from Greg. This is powerful stuff!

I used the technique in the PDF exactly one time yesterday: I guessed the soccer team of a guy I've never met, then I guessed the address of the house where he grew up, I described the street, and finally revealed the name of his mother. Without props, without complicated processes, without him having a clue. And I got one of the best reactions I ever got.

Now, the first thing I want to say is that you won't be able to always use the method and, when you use it, you won't be able to always reveal the same information (and here in Portugal, the zodiac thing won't work). It's one of those things that won't always happen, but when it does, it is extremely powerful.

I love this idea and I can't wait to explore it further!!!

Thank you, Greg!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18581 Posts

Profile of IAIN
So do I need any kind of electronic device, smartphone or mentalism utility for this? Is it done 'live' or is there some form of p**-sh** involved?
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2015, IAIN wrote:
So do I need any kind of electronic device, smartphone or mentalism utility for this? Is it done 'live' or is there some form of p**-sh** involved?


You do not need anything electronic--no smartphone, no internet, etc. There is one thing you must do before approaching the spectator which depending on circumstances can take sometimes as little as a minute or two.
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Does anything of the spectators need to be borrowed?
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
884 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2015, Jeff Wassom wrote:
Does anything of the spectators need to be borrowed?

Nope Smile
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18581 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Billet based?
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2015, IAIN wrote:
Billet based?


No billet---when you perform it is entirely pure---no pumping or need for the spectator to even speak.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2015, Adrien Lochon wrote:
I had the luck to receive a review copy from Greg. This is powerful stuff!

I used the technique in the PDF exactly one time yesterday: I guessed the soccer team of a guy I've never met, then I guessed the address of the house where he grew up, I described the street, and finally revealed the name of his mother. Without props, without complicated processes, without him having a clue. And I got one of the best reactions I ever got.

Now, the first thing I want to say is that you won't be able to always use the method and, when you use it, you won't be able to always reveal the same information (and here in Portugal, the zodiac thing won't work). It's one of those things that won't always happen, but when it does, it is extremely powerful.

I love this idea and I can't wait to explore it further!!!

Thank you, Greg!


Thanks for sharing Adrien---what you described is the tip of the iceberg and exactly how clean using the Devil's Drill method is suppose to look. With no pumping whatsoever you are able to read thoughts that seem impossible to the spectator for you to know.
WooverM
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of WooverM
I received a review copy of Devil's Drill as well, this is clearly a clever idea, workable and can be used to some amazing demonstrations.

I won't be using it much in the near future but that's not because it's not good, but it's because I feel that this method is not for me. However if you like Peter Turner's approach, you will probably like Greg's as well. (Greg mentioned in the original thread that PT used an earlier concept of Devil's Drill in his penguin lecture as well and talked about it briefly, however from watching the whole lecture a couple of times I never thought about it in such a practical way, and with the script provided in the Ebook it can become a killer effect)

Greg clearly explains the key points needed to make this work, he also mentions a great script for an effect that uses the information gained, however I can't help but feeling that it could be expanded further, I'd suggest opening a Facebook group for all the buyers to share their uses of this method.

If you like presentation driven effects and don't care about taking a few minutes to use this method it will reward you tenfold.
Woover
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2229 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey all,

I have the original Inspired, and the effect was briefly touched upon there, and I have used this to great success, not as much as I'd like to, but I have integrated it into my set.

Devil's Drill is great because it allows you to focus on presentation, not method. You don't have to worry about this working or not, because it will work when you are ready to perform this.

I also have talked to Peter Turner about this, and as Brehaut stated, Peter mentions him in his Penguin Lecture, in that this idea can go very far.

This is something that you can pickup and like Brehaut said, either you will love it or hate it, but if you look past everything, you will smile at the brilliance of the methodology used, and also that it can work in any language, anywhere in the world, and you can take your performances into a different light.

Hope this was useful to people that are not sure yet.

Cant say too much, but all I can say is once you know this, you will use it for life.

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2015, BMWGuy wrote:
Hey all,

I have the original Inspired, and the effect was briefly touched upon there, and I have used this to great success, not as much as I'd like to, but I have integrated it into my set.

Devil's Drill is great because it allows you to focus on presentation, not method. You don't have to worry about this working or not, because it will work when you are ready to perform this.

I also have talked to Peter Turner about this, and as Brehaut stated, Peter mentions him in his Penguin Lecture, in that this idea can go very far.

This is something that you can pickup and like Brehaut said, either you will love it or hate it, but if you look past everything, you will smile at the brilliance of the methodology used, and also that it can work in any language, anywhere in the world, and you can take your performances into a different light.

Hope this was useful to people that are not sure yet.

Cant say too much, but all I can say is once you know this, you will use it for life.

Thanks

Alex


Appreciate your thoughts Alex---and yes, one of the remarkable things about Devil's Drill is that it can be used equally as well in a stage performance, a walk around at a cocktail party or simply going up to someone in a coffee shop.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18581 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I'm kinda interested, where do we order?
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Iain

You can pm me for order information. Thanks

Greg
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I have had some questions about whether this involves gimmicks, electronics, etc. First, you need no prop, no electronics or any gimmick of any kind. You walk up to someone you don't know and begin to reveal impossible information without having spoken to them, without them speaking, with no pumping. Is there something you need to do before hand? Yes. Otherwise, it would be magic....

Also, this effect is for mentalists. Magicians are free to use it but my experience is magician's will not appreciate the power of the method whereas mentalists will embrace it.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1248 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
I don't agree. I think a working magician will appreciate the idea. I'm not excluding amatures, however an amature magician won't get much use from this unless they're doing a good amount of voluntary performing.
REALWORKERS.CO.UK
TADAA.CO.UK - ASTONISHING MAGIC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Devils Drill (24 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL