The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Which copper/silver/brass set? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8694 Posts

Profile of harris
Yes
I still use my Sterling realistic "Chinese" coins and matching [
I got from Ben Stone back in the 70's.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
323 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
Don't forget about Mason's Orient Express,...a different rendering of the C.S.B. Effect.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7036 Posts

Profile of bowers
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2015, snowpuppy wrote:
Don't forget about Mason's Orient Express,...a different rendering of the C.S.B. Effect.

That's a very good set.
Todd
William Dee
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of William Dee
I have and have used for a number of years the sterling set. I have never been dissaponted by them in any way shape or form. I have both the CSB and the 2C1S set and love them both. I really only used the later to do Powers International Coin Matrix Reverse.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1084 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2015, inigmntoya wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2015, Harris wrote:
What about Sterling sets circa 1970's?

Like this? Or is this a SASCO?

This looks like a Pressley Guitar set to me.
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
499 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
I have a set like that one as well. I like it because the Gaff is a CS coin and you can show either side.
I use a standard Johnson CSB for everyday use and use my Walking Liberty/East /African Dime/Peru Llama one every once in a while for a change up.
Any of you guys use an an expanded [ with your CSB? Paul Thompson showed me a really cool routine with that and Jeremy Pei has some really nice routines in his Ultimate CSB DVD.

Click here to view attached image.
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Auke van Dokkum CSB is THE BEST!!
Charles Gaff
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Charles Gaff
I have the johnson clad, the cody fisher and kueppers. I like the johnson as that's what I was introduced to and was always intrigued by the chinese coin. I like my latest kueppers as the coins "seem" wider making them easy to work with, and quite honestly are an awesome set. Great distinction between the three. The cody fisher I don't much care for. Tho I appriciate his routine, I find the foreign coins, chinese and ep to be too thin. They don't look quite right when displaying the gaff. Too thick compared and too much mill. I feel that I constantly have to keep them moving, more than usual.
I hope to get a Lassen set soon, as I am transitioning to walking liberties. I find them beautiful to look at and talk about.
Charles Gaff
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Charles Gaff
I also just purchased a csb set from a famous auction site, the seller called it vintage but brand new. I called turkey on this and he said Johnson was no longer producing them. I was on their site less than a month ago, there it was. Now it's not. I guess they are no longer making it? For calling it one of their most popular items, I was a bit shocked. I that the way it is?
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2035 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Nov 28, 2015, Charles Gaff wrote:
I also just purchased a csb set from a famous auction site, the seller called it vintage but brand new. I called turkey on this and he said Johnson was no longer producing them. I was on their site less than a month ago, there it was. Now it's not. I guess they are no longer making it? For calling it one of their most popular items, I was a bit shocked. I that the way it is?

My guess is they're just currently out of stock.
"Vintage but brand new" could also mean it was (is) a set like the one I posted earlier in this thread. They don't make _that_ set anymore.
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
626 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
Quote:

Yeah, I really like Mark's effect. Very easy to follow.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7036 Posts

Profile of bowers
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2015, jcrabtree2007 wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, I really like Mark's effect. Very easy to follow.

I have a new set of these for sale below.Great price also.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Which copper/silver/brass set? (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL