The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Magic Newsletter Coming Soon : Guys I Need Your Help! (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicnorm
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Karl, just signed up. Looking forward to the newsletter, wish you much success.

NM
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4668 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I subscribed, I can always unsubscribe if needed. I will give it a read though but I agree with the "Grammar Nazis", a lot of grammatical and spelling errors will not justify a second look-see.

Constructive Criticism - You say in your original post that you are aware people will be skeptical due to low posts on this new profile and also state that you let your passion wane. Did you not expect some, if not many, to question your credentials (especially when you give no info about yourself in your profile). No reason to "defend yourself". Maybe try giving us a little more info about you and your magic. Smile

I too wish you luck and hope it is a nice new addition to what is already "out there".
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3529 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I just saw this, so hopefully Karl didn't get too discouraged and quit.

There are definitely opportunities to have a following with something like this. You just need to think about what people are interested in. While grammar is important, it's not going to be a "do or die" thing, and it shouldn't have been the roadblock to end this idea.

As for suggestions, I would suggest you think about one thing that magicians would be interested in and focus on that.
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Karl's account is now unavailable...that didn't last long...
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4668 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I subscribed but never saw another thing. I would just have to assume he gave the idea up.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3529 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Too bad. There are so many magicians out there, both pro and amateur, with creative ideas. Most of the new ideas in magic come from a rather small group of creators.

Here's an idea:

How about a free monthly newsletter with open contributions from anyone? Anyone can contribute a free effect or routine. In addition, they can include a sales pitch for a paid effect or routine at a very reasonable price, say $10 or less. The newsletter would have the person's paypal address and the creator would get paid directly for the paid effect. The contributions would be reviewed by the newsletter editor who would edit out any garbage.

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3529 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
BTW, if it wasn't clear, I am proposing that in order for someone to pitch a paid for effect, they would need to submit a free effect. i.e. one free, one paid.
RogerTheShrubber
View Profile
Veteran user
302 Posts

Profile of RogerTheShrubber
I'm in. Looking forward to it.
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Karldaviesmagic is listed,by the Café, as profile not listed. From this I would guess that he is currently banned or canceled his account.
All things in magic are critiqued . As to being dyslexic, he only needs to get someone to proof read his material. It has been said that magicians give up too soon.I believe this is the case.There are usually solutions to problems, some more quickly thought of than others. Glenn
This is my 17th year on being a member of the cafe.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3529 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Glenn,
I think Karldaviesmagic is out of the picture. However, I did get a PM from someone who is interested in implementing this idea.
KJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Magic Newsletter Coming Soon : Guys I Need Your Help! (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL