The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Business Cards? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Todd
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Todd
I'm not sure if this has been posted already, and if it even belongs here. I guess it could be considered inpromtu. I'm interested in handing out my business card in a way someone will not forget. Let's say you talk to a manager at a restaurant about work and he/she says "I'll get back with you". You go to hand out your business card. What's a killer way of giving it to them,something they will remember and make them think "wow"!
Dan Farmer
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Nevada
235 Posts

Profile of Dan Farmer
I don't know how your sleight-of-hand is and furthermore I don't know that it is better than say, one of those gimmicked wallets that lights it on fire or whatever (??) but if you are proficient at backpalming you can do most backpalm productions with a business card (if the stock is pretty good)

I'd never tried this before but I just went and gave it a shot in front of a mirror and I even got it to appear at my fingertips (using the good ol' "goodluck" technique) Smile Probably not the coolest thing you could do but since I am a purist that's what I would probably do.
Todd
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Todd
I just read some postings in the cards section with some great ideas, thanks!
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
Gee, I was just glazing through and noticed that there was a brief discription of one of my effects, The Afterburn. If you would like to see a way of handing out your card so that your client will always remember you please go to [outdated link] and look at the video clip.

You may also try attaching an invisible thread to a rubberband, then place five or so cards into the rubberband. Place the other end of thread attached to a piece of blue tac behind your ear, ala Hummer card. When someone asks for your card, spin it around a bit then slide one out from the bottom part of the stack.
enjoy.. Jim
"The drum that beats the loudest is always the most hollow."
ecno
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of ecno
Do you know the trick Card Insurance?
You force a card, let's say it's King Of Hearts, and you have them put it back in the deck but the trick goes wrong and you just can't seem to find the card.

So, what do you do? You take your magician's insurance policy and you start reading the conditions of the policy, blablabla and finally you open up the policy and you show it to them: a giant King of Hearts is printed on it!

Here's an idea: why not print the card on your business card!!

I know a business card print where you show them blank business cards but with your hand you magically print your business card! Very cool and easy to do! If you're interested in it, PM me, maybe we could trade something.

I've been looking for some other business card tricks and this is what I found, what I'm interested in (see below). If someone could tell me the disadvantages before I buy those tricks I would appreciate it if you could let me know. Or maybe trade the trick.

Clipped $12, see Magicsmith.com
You need a paperclip and you can use a business card.

Business Merger $8, see Hank Lee's website.
You rip a corner of your business card and you restore it.

Point of no return $20, see Hank Lee's website. You need a safety pin.

Take a look at this post
http://themagiccafe.com/archive1/viewtop......2&29

Lots of places where to look but they aren't exactly saying what the tricks look like.
Todd
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Todd
Check out the card trick forum. Business card tricks have already been discussed and theres some GREAT ideas!
bdormer
View Profile
New user
Maryland, USA
49 Posts

Profile of bdormer
Personally, I've always had trouble back-palming anything (must be some genetic mutation or something). I keep my cards stacked in pairs, face to face. I pull out two, and show it on both sides as a single blank card, then say something about the printer making a mistake, then do a pluck-from-air move to get them a "good card", sliding the pair apart so they now see the printed face of one card, while I palm the other. Hand them the card and take a bow. Leaves a lasting impression.
Magique Hands
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, NE.
247 Posts

Profile of Magique Hands
Years ago, I adapted this next effect when I handed out my business card. Please keep in mind, that the set-up for this is quite time consuming, BUT WELL WORTH THE EFFORT!

There was a marketed effect called 'Firetrap', where a borrowed and marked quarter, vanishes and is found manufactured inside the flap of a matchbook. The borrowed quarter is actually pressed in between the paper of the matchbook. Well, I adapted this same method to use for my business cards, and the reactions were absolutely astonishing!

I still hand my business card out in this fashion, but save the effect for people and clients that I truly believe will book my show. Unless you set-up a number of your cards this way, the effect is not repeatable, and the re-set time does take a few minutes... but again, it's quite the effect!

Have Fun!
- - Troy

I still think you can get 'Firetrap' from magic dealers.
"If you go around sprinkling Woofle Dust on everything... people will think 'My... What an odd character." www.magicmafia.com
billhart22
View Profile
New user
Colorado
29 Posts

Profile of billhart22
In the Street Magic series available at ellusionist.com there is a really neat method of handing out a business card that nobody will forget. You take a small stack of your business cards and show both sides are blank, then you run it out of your hand like an ink-jet printer is printing it...and when it is finished printing you hand it to the person that you want to give it to. It is really a nice trick.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
a simple way, until you figure out something better is to have the small stack all face down with one reversed on the bottom (face up). Then just do a flushtration count for a few, complaining about no printing on either side.

After most (but not all) of the cards have been counted drop the rest of the cards onto the counted ones, rotate your hand holding the cards palm down, push them out slowly with your thumb to emulate the printing.

You can rub the back of that hand with the opposite hand in a gently circular motion as the cards get printed.

To reset, turn the cards face down again, and remember to cut the cards so the face up
one is on the bottom again.

I have not seen the ellusionist.com demo but it sounds like this is probably what's going on.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Paradox
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of Paradox
One of the best possible (& most memorable) effects with your business card is to print it for your spectator by using the Carlyle's Card paddle move. Have all you business cards in your wallet or holder back side up. Take one out, say your printer left them blank, do the move (it's in an old PHOENIX under the name Carlyle's Card & probably other places as well), "print" the card by pushing it thru your hand, shake it a little to dry it (it's still "wet") & give it to them. They'll keep it FOREVER.
The PHOENIX is now on CD-ROM.
gimmick1586
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of gimmick1586
You could pull off a backpalm or a tenkai toss. That would work.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I also recommend Flash Card, which I believe is also A Jim Pace creation.

I just got Afterburn, and haven't gotten used to it yet, but Flash Card is natural, and dramatic.

You are asked for a business card, (or you say that "I am often asked for" and show an empty card wallet, and say "but I can have one for you in a flash!, and FLASH! the case now holds your business card(s) and you can hand it out.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Mauro
View Profile
New user
Italy
49 Posts

Profile of Mauro
You can find some good ideas on:
Business Card Miracles of Jon Jensen.
There are more or less 13 routines, form Gary Darwin to Dan Harlan and many others...

Otherwise you can find something on Fulves' "Self-Working Paper Magic"

ciao
Mauro
Magique Hands
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, NE.
247 Posts

Profile of Magique Hands
Michael Sibbernsen has a wonderful business card fan production wallet out on the market. You can visit his web-site at:

[outdated link]

On his site, he has a video demonstration of producing the business cards.

- - Troy
"If you go around sprinkling Woofle Dust on everything... people will think 'My... What an odd character." www.magicmafia.com
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
One on One Mentalism by C.L. Boarde is a book that is "mentalism with business cards" and might be useful too.
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Gary
View Profile
Veteran user
Market Harborough, UK
367 Posts

Profile of Gary
Look into purchasing the Sight Unseen case. This is a Mark Strivings designed, Roy Roth produced business card wallet. You can perform miracles with this any time, any place. You won't leave home without it. Best of all, the prop is invisible.
"I can see clearly now, the brain has gone"
- Anon
knightmagic98
View Profile
Regular user
Frisco, TX
143 Posts

Profile of knightmagic98
I do not know which issue, but in a past issue of MAGIC I believe, there was a close-up version of cardiographic using business cards. I have been playing with this lately, and it gets a pretty good reaction.
BillParky
View Profile
Regular user
Atherton,Manchester,U.K.
123 Posts

Profile of BillParky
I like the 'Stockholder' wallet which I use for holding my business cards and credit cards all the time.
I usually have it set up to do a 'magic square' routine on the back of my business card which I then hand out. This is a knockout effect where the 16 numbers in the square add up in every direction to the number previously selected by the spectator!

Bill Smile
pwagorn
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of pwagorn
you could always do a warp effect & then produce an untorn card as a finish....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Business Cards? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL