The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » SCREAM 2015 by Jamie Daws (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1746 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Susanna Cartwright made the headlines in 1972. She murdered her husband in a secluded part of Illinois, America. One bullet to the head. She found out that just over a year after her Wedding, her husband had been cheating on her. Rage, pain and revenge played havoc with her mind. She then sliced of his wedding finger with his wedding ring still attached. She knew she had to turn herself in but by that time, her mental state was uncontrollable and her desire for revenge, relentless. Susanna decided to play a game with the authorities. She sent her late husbands finger in an envelope to the local Sherif with a note asking him to catch her before she kills her husbands lover.

To this day, they have never found her.....

In 2012, I decided to create an effect designed to be a live horror experience for my audience. At the time I was finishing a Performance degree in London, UK. Taking everything I knew about performance, I stripped down every element of a horror film. Story, imagery, suspense and making people feel scared whilst being perfectly safe, surrounded by their friends. Creating a unique, believable story, memorising the script, seeking out specific images and adding one final element meant that SCREAM was born. The reactions were incredible and it was all anyone wanted me to perform that halloween.

I didn't know how popular it would be and am humbled by it's reception. It has been developed and changed thought every halloween performance since. To begin we had two envelopes and two sets of photos with two switches. Then, it was simplified to one envelope with one set of images but everything was handmade by myself. So this year, I have stepped things up a little.

Previously you received two sets of special images, one black envelope and one special something.

Whats New In The 2015 Edition?

Instead of everything being hand made by myself, SCREAM is now professionally produced and cut. No more thick images, everything is cut to perfection! The images have been retouched and been made to look as though they have all been taken from the same camera and also, one of the images is completely different meaning it's even creepier. We also have a new streaming video teaching you about the props and everything you need to know about SCREAM! You get 2 thick black envelopes, two sets of pre cut images, the special something and printable images for the effect. Lastly, you now get a set of digital photos without the lady in, just incase you wish to change the method involved.

So if you want to make your spectators SCREAM, grab the scariest magic effect available!

AS ALWAYS, ONLY 50 COPYS AVAILABLE THIS YEAR!

Pre-Order: Friday 18th September

http://jamiedaws.co.uk/jamiedaws/scream.html

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1746 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Just heard back from the printer and things have been moved forward! Now available for Pre- Order!

Side Note: Existing customers will get the new photos free during release!

http://jamiedaws.co.uk/jamiedaws/scream.html

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
fredr500
View Profile
Loyal user
Cary, NC
285 Posts

Profile of fredr500
When I add it to my cart it won't let me check out. No matter what I add to the cart I can't check out, both in Safari on a Mac and Firefox on Windows.
--------------------------------
Check out Funeral Sampler and over 200 reviews http://rosemagic.com
Author of The Sweet Psychic, http://thesweetpsychic.com
ECSS I, II, III IV, and V alumnus
PEA Member, IBM and SAM Life Member
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2015, fredr500 wrote:
When I add it to my cart it won't let me check out. No matter what I add to the cart I can't check out, both in Safari on a Mac and Firefox on Windows.

Yep. I'm experiencing no check out button.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1746 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Firstly, I'm sorry you are all having trouble with the site and secondly, thank you all for bringing it to my attention!

I've just got onto the tech team who are looking into the issue!

In the mean time, if you wish to order, you can paypal: £17.50 (price including worldwide shipping) to: jamie_daws@hotmail.com

For the trouble and as it is pre-order, please also send me a message telling me you have pay paled me and also let me know which free download you would like from my site as a think you for your pre-order! I will send you the free PDF as soon as I get your message!

Thank you all again for your patience!

Best Wishes,

Jamie
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1746 Posts

Profile of JamieD
The checkout issue on the site has now been fixed! Thank you for your patience guys! Smile

A quick note for previous purchasers. On the release date, I will post a link here, on my site and on my social media to a special page with a password. Only those previous purchasers will know the password and will be able to access the new photos!

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1746 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Just under half of these gone in 48 hours! Really hope you're looking foreword to it!!!!

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Terrormaster
View Profile
Regular user
New England
139 Posts

Profile of Terrormaster
Hope there's some left tomorrow morning, I'm less than 20 hours away from pay day.
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1522 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
I love this effect!!!!!! Lmao!!!!
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1746 Posts

Profile of JamieD
I was out last night with some friends. Some of my friends know SCREAM very well and always talk about it and the amount of times they have wanted me to perform it on their friends is crazy. So I took it out last night and remember why I love this effect so much! There were screams, laughter, excitement and by the end of the night, I had performed it for 20 different people! And for the first time, I performed it for a couple of couples. which I'd never actually thought about. Making two people scream at once but it totally works perfectly! I really really hope you all enjoy performing this as much as I do! Im so pleased with it and the new props looks awesome!

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Terrormaster
View Profile
Regular user
New England
139 Posts

Profile of Terrormaster
Pre-order is in... Woot! Looking forward to this one.
fredr500
View Profile
Loyal user
Cary, NC
285 Posts

Profile of fredr500
Jamie, thanks for the chance to grab this at a great price. Do you have a guesstimate on when this will ship? Any way the pre-orderers can get a link to the video so we can start thinking about a routine?
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1746 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Hey Fed! Okay so, Im compiling the download part of the project as we speak. Theres quite a lot though! The Streaming Video, PDF and all the photos. As soon as this is done, ill send this to everyone before the parcels are sent! That way everything is with you from the get go!

The actual parcels will hopefully be shipped by the end of next week! So they'll be with you all well before Halloween and you can make everyone SCREAM!

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
fredr500
View Profile
Loyal user
Cary, NC
285 Posts

Profile of fredr500
What great service! Thanks Jamie, looking forward to this.
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1313 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
I have the original, it's very cool that Jamie went back and retooled it to make it even better, great to see there still are people proud of quality and brand assurance in our magical realm
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions & Co Producer of Bizarre hauntings
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V,VI
Order of the Hexidic
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1746 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Thanks Gothic! I hope you're enjoying SCREAM! Totally, but I think the props are integral to the effect and equally, those out working the effects, it is their feedback which ultimately matters. So I had a few emails about one of the images being hard to see, so I really needed to sort it. Likewise with the thickness of the photos. I Have even gone as far as, the new images, when you receive the printed ones are slightly smaller than those in the previous version. I went back and looked at old family photos and noticed that, the photos of old were all slightly smaller and strange sizes. So to make it a little bit more authentic, the new images are printed to my specifications. Detail matters when it comes to props and especially when I care about the effect as much as I do this!

I was out with it again this evening and had such a blast! Maybe some reaction shots coming in the next couple of days! So you can really see the effect this has on people! That being said, only half of the batch remaining. Once the are gone, they won't be back until next halloween!

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
903 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Pushed the PyPl button, just toooo good to pass up this year!
Smile Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of kOnO
Our Order is in.

Looks to be a GREAT Halloween this year.

kOnO & Carol
It is a lot easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1746 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Thank you guys! I really really really hope you enjoy it!

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1746 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Incredibly, 2 thirds have now sold!! So excited to see you all make your spectators Scream!

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » SCREAM 2015 by Jamie Daws (17 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL