The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » SCREAM 2015 by Jamie Daws (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1747 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Sibex! I really really hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Enjoy the reactions! Try not to enjoy it too much XD

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1747 Posts

Profile of JamieD
If you're putting together a spooky evening, then use SCREAM and The Deceased together!

So change the story a little bit. Set up your DECEASED cards a little differently. Place on the back of the lady (Mistress) and the man (Husband). Instead of Killers. One the back of the rest of the pictures just write (Never Found)

So place the deceased photos inside the SCREAM envelope with the letter. Perform SCREAM using the patter I have provided. Get them to take the letter. Wait for them to SCREAM! Then pull out of the DECEASED photos. Tell them the police were looking for susannah but never found her. 10 people vanished but the police couldn't find Susannahs husband or his mistress. Now perform DECEASED. However at the end they have found susannah husband and his mistress. Everyone else was never found.

Just a quick note, there is very limited stock of SCREAM already which is truly amazing! So thank you all for your support as always you're amazing! Smile

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
sibex
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of sibex
Well, it arrived this morning. What a tremendous product. The quality is superb, with everything in the pack you need. The packaging is wonderful and the instructional DVD is well made and well presented. I'm not going to go into detail on here, but if you've not got it yet, get it. If you have ordered it and it's not arrived, you won't be disappointed.
I love the fact that this effect is all about the way you present it. It's pure showmanship. And it can be presented in so many ways. You are only limited by your imagination. There is a cleverly thought out ending, which means just when the spectator thinks it's all over, there is one more surprise for them.
Brilliant stuff, Jamie. Thank you!
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1729 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Is the version Alakazam are selling the same as the one we got direct from Jamie last year?
DSkids
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of DSkids
Hi I received Scream yesterday but the DVD won't play on my Mac no matter what player I use

Is there an online version of the video anywhere as I am keen to use it this weekend.

Thanks
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1164 Posts

Profile of Salby
What is this effect?

The trailer says nothing... Just the reactions of the spectators.

Even the written description says nothing about the effect... Only a background of what it is based on.

So what's the effect/routine???
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1747 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Reignofsound, it is the same! The only really difference is the packaging and the DVD that is included!

DSkids, the DVD should work in macs! I use a MacBook pro and it works fine for me using Quicktime player! If you have anymore trouble, PM me sir! Smile

Salby, the effect isn't mentioned mainly because it's less about the effect itself and more about the experience they recieve. Its not the latest blowout method or a groundbreaking new method, its a performance piece. I guess the real 'magic' part of it is, a photo that they are holding becomes affected in a strange paranormal way. It changes in their hand. I hope this helps! Smile

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
bartleby
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of bartleby
Jamie I have tried to sign up for the mailing list from your site - but the text entry field does not seem to be working. Was it disabled? Or do I need to try clicking harder?
jbonilla
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of jbonilla
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2015, JamieD wrote:
Susanna Cartwright made the headlines in 1972. She murdered her husband in a secluded part of Illinois, America. One bullet to the head. She found out that just over a year after her Wedding, her husband had been cheating on her. Rage, pain and revenge played havoc with her mind. She then sliced of his wedding finger with his wedding ring still attached. She knew she had to turn herself in but by that time, her mental state was uncontrollable and her desire for revenge, relentless. Susanna decided to play a game with the authorities. She sent her late husbands finger in an envelope to the local Sherif with a note asking him to catch her before she kills her husbands lover.

To this day, they have never found her.....

In 2012, I decided to create an effect designed to be a live horror experience for my audience. At the time I was finishing a Performance degree in London, UK. Taking everything I knew about performance, I stripped down every element of a horror film. Story, imagery, suspense and making people feel scared whilst being perfectly safe, surrounded by their friends. Creating a unique, believable story, memorising the script, seeking out specific images and adding one final element meant that SCREAM was born. The reactions were incredible and it was all anyone wanted me to perform that halloween.

I didn't know how popular it would be and am humbled by it's reception. It has been developed and changed thought every halloween performance since. To begin we had two envelopes and two sets of photos with two switches. Then, it was simplified to one envelope with one set of images but everything was handmade by myself. So this year, I have stepped things up a little.

Previously you received two sets of special images, one black envelope and one special something.

Whats New In The 2015 Edition?

Instead of everything being hand made by myself, SCREAM is now professionally produced and cut. No more thick images, everything is cut to perfection! The images have been retouched and been made to look as though they have all been taken from the same camera and also, one of the images is completely different meaning it's even creepier. We also have a new streaming video teaching you about the props and everything you need to know about SCREAM! You get 2 thick black envelopes, two sets of pre cut images, the special something and printable images for the effect. Lastly, you now get a set of digital photos without the lady in, just incase you wish to change the method involved.

So if you want to make your spectators SCREAM, grab the scariest magic effect available!

AS ALWAYS, ONLY 50 COPYS AVAILABLE THIS YEAR!

Pre-Order: Friday 18th September

http://jamiedaws.co.uk/jamiedaws/scream.html

Jamie Daws
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
257 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
I ordered SCREAM from Alakazam (excellent customer service and super fast shipping, as always)
and my small package arrived yesterday.

However I didn't have much time to toy with it.

Although I just took a quick look at the props (awesome) and the DVD's content as well, all I can say is WOW!

Congratulations, Jamie. You really did a hell of a job!

We're talking here about high quality props and a little, special somethin that works like a dream.

Actually there are two different parts of the special something and those who own already SCREAM,
do understand fully what I mean Smile.

As of the DVD's content, i.e. both the presentation and the instructions are simple, yet clear.

Unfortunately I can't describe any details regarding the effect as in that case I would destroy the two
successsive climactic endings...

Furthermore, I'd like to ask Jamie or any of you who own the new version of SCREAM, if that what you
receive with the package is the DVD, one large black envelope, three vintage style photos,
the "letter" and the special something with its relevant supplies (hope I didn't expose anything).

I'm asking this because of the message above and a few others posts by Jamie in this thread, as it seems
that both versions do include TWO thick black envelopes, TWO set of pre cut images, the special something
and printable images for the effect.

However, the new version by Alakazam, besides the special something and the "letter", does include only
one black envelope, only one set of three images (vintage style photos) and does not include (and I think
that is the most important of all) any printable images which could be printed and used whenever a photo
of the set wears out or get damaged by any means.

I think that the new version should have provided among all the others, a photo file with the three
aforementioned, yet printable images.

A brief reply by Jamie or any of you in order to shed some light here, would be well appreciated.

Get or pre-order your copy either from Alakazam (it's only a suggestion by an old, regular and loyal customer
of theirs) and not something obligatory of course) or from Jamie himself as fast as it gets, since the first
batch has already sold out, if my memory serves me well.

In conclusion: 9/10 (it could be 10/10 if a file with a set of printable images was included as refills).

Higly recommended!

Andrew K.
"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life". BERTOLT BRECHT
fredr500
View Profile
Loyal user
Cary, NC
285 Posts

Profile of fredr500
Andrew, I know this is probably a dumb question but did you check for any files on the DVD?
--------------------------------
Check out Funeral Sampler and over 200 reviews http://rosemagic.com
Author of The Sweet Psychic, http://thesweetpsychic.com
ECSS I, II, III IV, and V alumnus
PEA Member, IBM and SAM Life Member
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
257 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
To fredr500: It was the first think I did check.

The DVD contains only one folder (VIDEO.TS).

Upon opening it, I found various files (probably video files) inside: four of them with
the extension ".BUP" and the others with no extension such as VTS_03_1, VIDEO_TS, etc.

Unfortunately there isn't any files with the extensions JPEG, GIF or BMP
which normally indicate photo or image files. Anyway.

Thanks, fredr500 for your true concern and your willingness to help me.

If anyone could chime in to shed some light, this would be much appreciated.

Andrew K.
"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life". BERTOLT BRECHT
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1747 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Thank you all for the reviews and comments for scream! It's gotten very mixed reviews but it seems most are loving it! After selling out at the magic circle dealers day, I'm pleased to say it's now back in stock!

Www.jamiedaws.co.uk

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
BifKahuna
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of BifKahuna
Ordered Heirloom deluxe a few days ago from PM. Been looking at Haunted Magic/creepy magic for quite awhile. I can't wait! My next... looking at scream and deceased. For this thread where can I order for shipping to Hawaii with the "caps"? I am still unsure what I get with this. Does it come with a cap gun? Do I supply my own? Feel free to PM me.
I am also looking to get He's not here. I would like to get the complete series.
I digress A Lot here but which of all these would work best or be adapted for haunted box. There are so many ways to use Daws effects and I am so tired of bicycle card tricks especially with this digital generation where playing cards are relatively unheard of LOL. ,
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1313 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
There is no cap gun it's sort of a snapper
your best bet for caps might be Amazon or a large co like that as they would know the shipping allowances
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions & Co Producer of Bizarre hauntings
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V,VI
Order of the Hexidic
fredr500
View Profile
Loyal user
Cary, NC
285 Posts

Profile of fredr500
Do you have Dollar Stores in Hawaii? I found something there in the toy section that used the caps and came with a bunch of caps. I threw away the device and just kept the caps.
--------------------------------
Check out Funeral Sampler and over 200 reviews http://rosemagic.com
Author of The Sweet Psychic, http://thesweetpsychic.com
ECSS I, II, III IV, and V alumnus
PEA Member, IBM and SAM Life Member
ManxBull
View Profile
Regular user
Isle of Man
111 Posts

Profile of ManxBull
There's a decent supply of caps provided, to keep you going while you source more.

As for He's Not Here, it's a great little effect. As the name suggests, a figure vanishes from a a group photograph. It's quite flexible, and you have a choice of figures who vanish, or even more than one at once. The effect can also be very powerful in reverse, which is how I generally perform it, with a figure appearing in a photograph who wasn't there previously. It all depends how you spin the yarn, of course.

Crucially, a second effect titled The Forgotten is included with He's Not Here, and although it was an unexpected bonus, it's actually my favourite of the two, playing very strong indeed. It's another very clever photo manipulation, as you'd expect from Jamie.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5459 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Thanks for the tip ManxBull. I never thought of playing He's Not Here in reverse, but it makes sense, and I can see it being even creepier. HE IS HERE!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
BifKahuna
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of BifKahuna
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2018, fredr500 wrote:
Do you have Dollar Stores in Hawaii? I found something there in the toy section that used the caps and came with a bunch of caps. I threw away the device and just kept the caps.

I am sure we do. will have to look around. Thanks

Quote:
On Feb 26, 2018, ManxBull wrote:
There's a decent supply of caps provided, to keep you going while you source more.

As for He's Not Here, it's a great little effect. As the name suggests, a figure vanishes from a a group photograph. It's quite flexible, and you have a choice of figures who vanish, or even more than one at once. The effect can also be very powerful in reverse, which is how I generally perform it, with a figure appearing in a photograph who wasn't there previously. It all depends how you spin the yarn, of course.

Crucially, a second effect titled The Forgotten is included with He's Not Here, and although it was an unexpected bonus, it's actually my favourite of the two, playing very strong indeed. It's another very clever photo manipulation, as you'd expect from Jamie.

Thanks that is good to know. Thanks for the op on He's Not Here with this that is probably what I will get next. Thanks for the tip on doing it in reverse sounds like it may be better that way. Also for letting me know about the bonus The Forgotten. I had no idea about that. He's not here with Bonus sounds like a winner. Smile Thanks Again.

Quote:
On Feb 26, 2018, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Thanks for the tip ManxBull. I never thought of playing He's Not Here in reverse, but it makes sense, and I can see it being even creepier. HE IS HERE!

LOL He is Here! haha love it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » SCREAM 2015 by Jamie Daws (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL