The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Trusted online reviewers? (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1711 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
The subject line pretty much says it all...

Which online reviewers/ review shows do you trust to give you honest reviews of products? I'm looking to send Paragon 3D to some for an unbiased review.

I know there is a review section here but that doesn't count.

Cheers!

Jon
Paragon 3D - the most incredible Card to Clear Box you will ever own. Be fooled here: http://youtu.be/GQxRZ1OGkUo
The Silent Treatment - Digital Edition: this iconic routine just got upgraded! Watch - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phTDUhX0m9o
Order the bar-raising DVD set 'Connection' at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Casshan
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Casshan
Well my review show is new (starting this friday) you're more than welcome to check it out and decide then Smile
You can call me Cash!

Email: casshandw@gmail.com
Facebook: Casshan Wallace
Twitter: @Casshan_Wallace
Instagram: @cash_magic
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
After Phantom....

You do not need a masked magician - you need a masked reviewer who cannot be traced back for the mystic mafia to threaten for speaking his or her thoughts.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18821 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I was thinking of setting up a blog to review stuff recently...I don't really buy much new stuff though, not enough to do regular reviews though...

I find shops doing reviews quite funny, because if they've slated something they still stock it...so why bother listening? Be a shop and nothing else...
NEW - the bear tear

20-25% OFF MOST THINGS
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8254 Posts

Profile of pegasus
WPR? Does that count as online?
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Ideally you want a non stockist/shop/seller as there would be nothing to gain either way by giving an honest and truthful review. This way I thinks gives a pretty much unbiased, honest and truthful review - which is how every review should be.
corindaman
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of corindaman
How about Jeff Stone?
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1789 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
MagicWorld's review show is very honest and upfront:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MagicWorldUK/videos
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
SNAPS | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Mr Conti

http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com/product-reviews.html

He gives many products 10/10 Smile
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
The TNT guys gave it a good review on a recent episode
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2249 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hi Jon

I have given reviews for many products here on the Café for years

Thanks Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
jruiz0216
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jruiz0216
Unbiased and untainted look no further than me! Smile my posts may be low and I may not have any reviews about just yet but keep an eye out I will have a magic review YouTube channel coming up soon. You can reserve judgment until then. Just finalizing my my rivière area in my house Smile
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1137 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Wow. The thirst is real!

Video reviews I personally trust are Jeff Stone's and any World Magic Review where they get it "off the sticks". Also Jheff for mentalism and Draven reviews for general reading.

The rest of them I often find hilarious. I've reached out to a few of them to agree and disagree, I recently reached out to a mentalism reviewer here who blatantly "mispoke" in his review about a key feature. He's a super nice guy but his response "well I was describing it from the spectator's perspective" was a massive turnoff.

Do let us know who you decide please.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1554 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Jeff Stone and Akirafist on YouTube
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1137 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Yes! Akirafist is great.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1308 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Conflict of interest is rampant in online reviews. Puff reviews for friends -- from major names -- abound. Small-timers with review podcasts want free goods to flow in so they can exist, so they're wary of being too picky. Reviewers working for vendors obviously have major conflicts of interest, since the vendors want to move product. An enthused customer may write a thoughtful, detailed review, and that can be gold. But those tend to be one-shots tied to a particular product, rather than coming from a single person who reviews lots and lots of products.

Due to these issues, I generally find online reviews useful only in aggregate form -- that is, when there enough of them from people who've bought the product with their own money, I can get a fair sense of the product's quality, and whether it may suit my needs and interests.

That said, David Regal is a solid reviewer -- is he still the regular reviewer at Kozmo's Reel Magic?

Genii and MAGIC magazines set the standard for reviews. Simply by saving me money on buying junk, the magazines quickly pay for their subscription prices.
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1711 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Thanks.

I know about the TNT guys and have already spoken to them (in English Smile ) They reviewed the original but I think the new one, with new video, warrants a second go.

Magic World is another review show I've contacted.

I'll look into Jeff Stone and Akirafist.

Draven did a review of the original Paragon too. I'll speak to him about a new review.

Thanks again.

p.s. I also hope this list helps those who have been burned by tricks and want different sources to help them in their decisions on whether to buy or not.
Paragon 3D - the most incredible Card to Clear Box you will ever own. Be fooled here: http://youtu.be/GQxRZ1OGkUo
The Silent Treatment - Digital Edition: this iconic routine just got upgraded! Watch - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phTDUhX0m9o
Order the bar-raising DVD set 'Connection' at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
I like Dravens, Jeff Stone and James Conti's reviews generally as they mostly don't seem to be influenced by the need to sell product or pump up the creator friends. But I'm not s fan of reviewers who don't actually purchase their own tricks to review because they already have a bias by receiving free product.,
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4838 Posts

Profile of RNK
I second Draven's reviews.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
1991 Posts

Profile of puggo
Akirafist - great reviews/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Trusted online reviewers? (9 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL