The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Harry Lorayne's JAW DROPPERS! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (47 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Hey Guys! Trivia time. Did any of you know that Harry was in Ripley's Believe it or not? He did the needle trick of threading hundreds of threads through an eye of a needle, behind his back!
I saw a huge poster of it in Thailand's Ripley's museum.
Anyway, once more unto the breach!
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Great fact James! Thanks for sharing. Harry sure is one talented guy.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Once one pulls the wings off of the flies, are they now walks?
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Someone made a list of all the A List performers and writers that have been chased off the Café by trolls. Luckily, Harry and
a couple others have a thick enough skin that they stay.
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
If you've read Harry's book 'Before I Forget' as I have, you'll realise it will take a lot more than a few spineless internet bullies to scare him away.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2465 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
There are very few that could follow Harry after a performance even at his current age. Harry, you will leave us a legacy matched by few. And to Writeall, I am willing to take Harry's challenge myself and I will only perform Harry's tricks. You don't know me, I don't know you, let's do it.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2018 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
I just placed my pre-order with confidence.
Billybonkers
View Profile
Loyal user
Diamond Bar L.A
249 Posts

Profile of Billybonkers
I placed my pre-order the moment I saw the start of this thread. The first time I have pre-ordered anything. I am nothing but excited about Harrys book.

What a horrible, ugly thread this turned into, rather then a celebration of a wonderful, timeless card magician it is a sad reflection of the Café at its very worst.
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
Quote:

I don't have a dog in this fight. I grew up using Harry's books to learn card tricks like many of us. And I love those books, and I still do.

But I will say this one thing, and this comment slices in both directions. I have so much more respect and patience for somebody with a good dose of humility.
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8447 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
A few have asked me where they can see the clip of me on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. I'm not a very good computer person. I know that Randy Wakeman put it up here on the café during his review of a book of mine (Close-Up Card Magic). I know how to find it myself (it is July 10, 2015, but darned if I know how to put a link to it here (as some of "lovelies" above do know how to do! And I do thank them so much for putting up that claptrap). One way, I guess, is to "search" for Johnny Carson. Wish I could be of more help.

Mr. Wakeman also did an interesting review here on the Café of my "rememoir," BEFORE I FORGET a couple of years ago. Anyway...
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8447 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
James: Yes, I did the needle thing that's in Believe It Or Not when I was doing table magic at Billy Reed's Little Club so many decades ago. Doubt if could do it now. What just made me think of it was talking about one of my appearances on The Tonight Show, with JC - I appeared in Ripley's BION a few times, and one was about me remembering hundreds of names and faces, etc. (That's what I'm doing on that Tonight Show clip - after a short session of me teaching how I do it.) "Them were the good old days!"
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8259 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2015, T.G. Jones wrote:
Pegasus, I'm not sure being in the T.A. qualifies you as an expert on all things military.

23 years service in the Parachute Regiment and now serving in the reserves with 8 campaign medals certainly does I would suggest. And if you knew anything at all about the British Army you'd know that there is no such thing as TA. Never mind, do some research.
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
I knew that would press the right buttons. Not nice being put down in a public forum is it? Maybe you'll think twice before blasting Harry after his lifetime of achievements. You were just as quick to get defensive about your achievements when I used the old T.A. gambit. Smile Remember how it made you feel.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8259 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
I knew that would press the right buttons. Not nice being put down in a public forum is it? Maybe you'll think twice before blasting Harry after his lifetime of achievements. You were just as quick to get defensive about your achievements when I used the old T.A. gambit. Smile Remember how it made you feel.

I heard you were in the TA. Wasn't it the Women's Auxiliary balloon Corps?
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1548 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Harry Lorayne is selling something worthwhile so can I press a few buttons?

The British army have done such a great job in the middle east that the people in those countries now want to leave and come over here!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8259 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2015, Markymark wrote:
Harry Lorayne is selling something worthwhile so can I press a few buttons?

The British army have done such a great job in the middle east that the people in those countries now want to leave and come over here!

Another clueless civvy.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2015, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
Pegasus, I'm not sure being in the T.A. qualifies you as an expert on all things military.

23 years service in the Parachute Regiment and now serving in the reserves with 8 campaign medals certainly does I would suggest. And if you knew anything at all about the British Army you'd know that there is no such thing as TA. Never mind, do some research.

Are you a clerk or something like that because you sound like a REMF.

Ray
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4729 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Billybonkers said; "What a horrible, ugly thread this turned into, rather then a celebration of a wonderful, timeless card magician it is a sad reflection of the Café at its very worst"

Folks, actually this has absolutely nothing to do with the Magic Café and everything to do with the people involved fighting, bickering and arguing - You can thank the society we live in and the internet as a whole.

Remember folks, It takes two to argue (one if you're schizophrenic).

Once again I encourage everyone to read the following article by Clicking Here! - I doubt that you'll bother but hopefully a few will take the time.

Smile

---
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Harry Lorayne's JAW DROPPERS! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (47 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL