The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Harry Lorayne's JAW DROPPERS! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (47 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8447 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Not sure exactly what you mean, Mr. writeall, so please forgive if I misunderstand. But, just in case I've got it right (if I've got it wrong as to what you saying/implying, just ignore what follows) - I would love to go head to head with you at any time, anywhere and under any circumstances, as publicly as possible, each of us with a regular deck of cards in hand.

I would love to do a bit of a wager with you - as a matter of fact, I'm willing to put $5,000 or $10,000 against your $1,000 (if you can handle that) that the lay audience we'll "work" for will be more fooled BY ME than by you - will be more entertained BY ME than by you, would much rather watch ME than watch you. We will let the lay audience decide. Or, if you prefer, we can select a group of other magicians and let them judge, let them decide.

I'm in Massachusetts, have no idea where you are, but I sure would love to have someone arrange that for us. Yes, I'll give you any sort of "odds" you want on the bet - even though, according to you, I'm "pushing 100". My next birthday will be my 90th, so I guess we can look at it "your way."

So, buddy, you have an open challenge here, in an open forum - we'll wait to hear your "acceptance" which you will probably do immediately, since "no one expects him to be able to perform anymore." Your chance to win $5,000 or $10,000. HL
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
534 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2015, Steven Conner wrote:
I don't quite understand why so called magicians feel it is alright to get on a thread and constantly belittle some of the greatest magicians ever. While I believe the Magic Café to be a source of good magic ideas and opinions, you should have enough respect for not only pioneers of our Art but for the living legends. This is not my opinion but fact. You may not like Harry, but you still have no right to bash him. You guys must have extremely low self esteem to resort to this kind hatred.

Well said, Steven. I just don't get people sometimes.

Ray, with you having watched so many DVDs, I'd love to hear what you consider to be your top 20 DVDs. But to not take away from Harry's thread I will send you a PM.

Jaw Droppers, like all of Harry's material, will be excellent. I will get it eventually, but right now I'm catching up with so much of Harry's other classics. Harry, I just don't see how you do it. So many classics available from just your own material, but to then to publish so much more from others with Apocalypse, Best of Friends, etc. Wow. And then there is your next book Only My Apocalypse...I can't keep up!!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8254 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2015, Tarik Flash wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2015, pegasus wrote:
I wouldn't buy anything from you Harry, truth be told.

That says it all about your knowledge of magic and ignorance truly laughable truth has been seen and told

Sorry but could you write the above in readable English? Thanks.
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
534 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2015, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

That says it all about your knowledge of magic and ignorance truly laughable truth has been seen and told

Maybe it would be easier for you to understand if he posted a video?
billmarq
View Profile
Special user
State near Arizona
570 Posts

Profile of billmarq
@ Pegasus - I am going to assume that your first post was made earnestly. Obviously I cannot report on Jaw Droppers as it has not yet been released. But I will say this - I have found Mr. Lorayne's books to be the best written books on card magic that I own. His written descriptions are easily understood and he minimizes the use of sleights. There are sleights to learn, though. If you truly have trouble learning from text and photographs, then maybe you should avoid buying this new book or just about any other book on card magic.

If I could only keep one book on card magic, I would likely choose the first volume of Lorayne: The Classic Collection. It contains the updated Close-Up Card Magic and three other volumes. There is more than enough material in that collection alone to keep a magician busy for years.

If, on the other hand, you were simply making a jab at Mr. Lorayne for reasons I cannot fathom, then nothing that I or anyone else could say will make a difference to you. It is difficult to believe that with eleven years as a member of this board you are not familiar with Harry's work.
Honi soit quit mal y pense.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1281 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
I'd love to see this showdown. Maybe penguin could get involved and make it a live event?

Quote:
On Sep 26, 2015, Harry Lorayne wrote:
Not sure exactly what you mean, Mr. writeall, so please forgive if I misunderstand. But, just in case I've got it right (if I've got it wrong as to what you saying/implying, just ignore what follows) - I would love to go head to head with you at any time, anywhere and under any circumstances, as publicly as possible, each of us with a regular deck of cards in hand.

I would love to do a bit of a wager with you - as a matter of fact, I'm willing to put $5,000 or $10,000 against your $1,000 (if you can handle that) that the lay audience we'll "work" for will be more fooled BY ME than by you - will be more entertained BY ME than by you, would much rather watch ME than watch you. We will let the lay audience decide. Or, if you prefer, we can select a group of other magicians and let them judge, let them decide.

I'm in Massachusetts, have no idea where you are, but I sure would love to have someone arrange that for us. Yes, I'll give you any sort of "odds" you want on the bet - even though, according to you, I'm "pushing 100". My next birthday will be my 90th, so I guess we can look at it "your way."

So, buddy, you have an open challenge here, in an open forum - we'll wait to hear your "acceptance" which you will probably do immediately, since "no one expects him to be able to perform anymore." Your chance to win $5,000 or $10,000. HL
REALWORKERS.CO.UK
TADAA.CO.UK - ASTONISHING MAGIC
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8254 Posts

Profile of pegasus
My money's on Bill (Writeall) I've seen him perform with a deck of cards and he's an absolute ninja.
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8447 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Figured those two knew each other. So, we have Abbott & Costello; one more and we'll have The Three Stooges. Why not loan him "your money" so that he can make the bet - 'cause so far no acceptance of the bet from him.

T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Quote:
Figured those two knew each other. So, we have Abbott & Costello; one more and we'll have The Three Stooges. Why not loan him "your money" so that he can make the bet - 'cause so far no acceptance of the bet from him.

Brilliant Harry! Comedy gold. With that post you have already won the contest.
billmarq
View Profile
Special user
State near Arizona
570 Posts

Profile of billmarq
I would pay to see the match.. Maybe we can crowd fund it to pay for transportation of the two rivals to a neutral venue. Atlantic City?
Honi soit quit mal y pense.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8254 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2015, T.G. Jones wrote:
Quote:

Brilliant Harry! Comedy gold. With that post you have already won the contest.

You really do need to get out more, Jones. Smile
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
I get out quite a lot pegasus, entertaining people with great card magic I've gleaned from Harry's books.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8254 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2015, T.G. Jones wrote:
I get out quite a lot pegasus, entertaining people with great card magic I've gleaned from Harry's books.

And soon you'll be Dropping Jaws.
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8447 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
How typical - "Last Word, Johnny." And telling me about MY attitude, calling a complete unknown a card "ninja," telling other people that THEY have to get out more, as he sits under his moist rock, pulling wings off flies. How typical. Let's all breathlessly await his next load of wit.

(Just got a phone call from a friend - he wants to lay odds that there will be more complete waste of "thread space" from this "under a moist rock" guy. No way I'll take that bet; I'd definitely lose 'cause typical is typical. Wait and see.)

Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I know Pegasus a little bit and he's a good guy. I respect his service in Afghanistan a great deal, too. But, disrespecting one of the greats in magic is very uncool. If you've never read a Harry Lorayne book or Apocalypse magazine, then you don't know how ridiculous you sound. Sorry, but you better quit while you're behind Pegasus.

Robert
ianchandler
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of ianchandler
Ah, bravado at its finest. "Unknown" magicians don't deserve a chance in heck. Kick them suckas to the curb!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3617 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2015, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Which bit can't you understand Pegasus ? You obviously don't read and know anything about the history of magic that's a stone bonker bet you are embarrassing yourself lol
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8254 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=30

The thread above, and many others before, is the reason I do not like this man.

Nicolino sums it up.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8254 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8447 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
What'd I tell you? Typical is typical. And - we have the three stooges. Could they all be one and the same person?

You know he'll be back again - jealousy is so d*mn obvious. You think he'll pay attention to this post of yours, Robert? ("I know Pegasus a little bit and he's a good guy. I respect his service in Afghanistan a great deal, too. But, disrespecting one of the greats in magic is very uncool. If you've never read a Harry Lorayne book or Apocalypse magazine, then you don't know how ridiculous you sound. Sorry, but you better quit while you're behind Pegasus.")

Okay, okay - to all those who've called. You're right, of course. I've gone through this so many times. And everyone always calls to yell at me for paying any attention to these "lovelies," for responding. The scream I always get is - don't you know that getting any reaction from someone like you makes "small" people like them feel "bigger."

My last thought on the "subject" - suddenly he "doesn't like this man." Nothing was said to that effect when he interrupted this thread with his lovely post re: reviews, or whatever the h*ll he was talking about. Keep "typical" in mind. I will no longer make "little" people feel "bigger." I thank you, Robert, and the others who "stick up" for me - I appreciate it and I'll leave it to you guys, 'cause obviously you folks can see it clearer than I can.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Harry Lorayne's JAW DROPPERS! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (47 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL