The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Re-Cap by Richard T. Smith (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WeiserSide1
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
523 Posts

Profile of WeiserSide1
The cap in bottle is such an odd plot...but I love odd plots. I can't really gather much from the video, but from what I can see, this looks pretty neat. Can anyone shed some light on this?
http://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=56241
music
View Profile
Special user
556 Posts

Profile of music
It is obviously a bttle cap to inside of bottle, but not sure if they are selling a method or a gimmick.
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
Looks nice
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2015, music wrote:
It is obviously a bttle cap to inside of bottle, but not sure if they are selling a method or a gimmick.

Seems that, according to Penguin's description, a gimmick is involved:
"Imagine being able to put your hand inside a bottle to straighten out a bottle cap, with RE-CAP it's as close as it gets. This mechanical device enables you to enhance the impossibility of your cap in bottle effects. Made with high quality materials and precision craftsmanship. This hand crafted piece of apprentice is VERY easy to use and is compact enough to take with you on your gigs. Bring your performance of C&B to new heights with RECAP!"

What is puzzling is the first sentence of the description, at least from the two videos shown. It seemed the bottle was held in a somewhat unnatural way in the second vid, but I'm still mystified. Look forward to a review.
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
810 Posts

Profile of scott0819
If it's a device used to straighten caps inside the bottle prior to performance, $50 seems a little steep. I mean a piece of wood dowel always worked fine for me. I guess if you do this a lot it might be worth it. Handling-wise I don't see anything new here.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12046 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2015, scott0819 wrote:
If it's a device used to straighten caps inside the bottle prior to performance, $50 seems a little steep. I mean a piece of wood dowel always worked fine for me. I guess if you do this a lot it might be worth it. Handling-wise I don't see anything new here.

Like a dowel rod
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22388 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
From this description, this is not a trick, it is a gimmick to prepare the Cap In Bottle trick you already own. The other gimmick is a ma**et to use with your Cap In Bottle trick you already own. It will only work with steal bottle caps. I think they should include a hammer as well.

I thought this was came with one of the 1st Cap In Bottle tricks that ever appeared on the market pre-Internet.

So you are not getting how to do a Cap in Bottle trick, just the set up gimmicks.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Maybe it's a folding cap?
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2786 Posts

Profile of tophatter
If not a folding cap then a dowel will work best for this effect really 50.00 !
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
810 Posts

Profile of scott0819
The description is very poorly written. It's hilarious that no one can decipher what the product actually is!
I'm guessing that it is supposed to read, "This hand crafted piece of APPARATUS..." (not apprentice)?!
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3375 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2015, tophatter wrote:
If not a folding cap then a dowel will work best for this effect really 50.00 !

That's my fear too LOL! Imagine if it was just a fancy piece of dowel. Unless you can do the set up virtually in front of people I can't imagine it being anything else. For $50 I'd expect some kind of tool that rapidly bent the cap and then straightened it as you released it through the neck. That would be cool
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3375 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Has anyone bit the bullet for a review
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8250 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2015, takeachance wrote:
Has anyone bit the bullet for a review

I like to think they'res no one stupid enough on here to even consider it.
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1266 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Richard is struggling to get in here to give us all the answers but there you go:

Quote:
On Sep 21, 2015, Richard T. Smith wrote:
RE-CAP is a tool that straightens a bottle cap inside a bottle that enables you to perform cap in bottle , it actually moves once inside the bottle and straightens the cap out, my gimmick is different than any other that's out there ... The fastest recording time is 16 seconds ,but I have done many performances . But to anyone starting to use RE-CAP it still can be done in less than one minute . There was a spelling error when it was first uploaded as the cursed spell checker changed apparatus came out as apprentice mistakes happen and it has been rectified since .

There are cap straighteners out there mine is different a lot of thinking has gone into it .

So in a nut shell it is a gimmick that enables you to straighten a cap inside a bottle in less than a minute ... The fastest recorded time is 16 seconds.

As to the cost it is entirely up to you what is value or not . What is deemed as a lot of money to. One person could be deemed as value for money to another. It has cost me a lot of money getting it to the final result. It was once said that another one of my gimmicks The Safety net that prevents you from getting hurt should your spike under cups ever goes wrong one person said it was expensive and yet they spent more money on the thing that could hurt them .

All I can say is that cap in bottle is a great trick... And as long as there are caps on bottles it will be around for a very long time.

By the way guys if you are looking for instructions that have been recorded that would fit into a Hollywood screening,this is not for you ... It just me telling you how to use it and tips to use your business card and more.

Cheers!
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
No Way! It's just a tool for straightening out a bottle cap? You don't even need a special tool for that, just a stick that will fit in the end of the bottle!

I thought the demo showed the bottle clearly with no cap in it. Maybe I'm remembering wrong... that was why I thought it must be similar to a coin in bottle gaff.
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
810 Posts

Profile of scott0819
The handling on the demo video looked very similar to Prohibition, which is very clean but there is another gimmick in play.

For marketing a tool like this I think it makes sense to just show what the tool is. Show how easily and how quickly it straightens the caps. Without clearly showing that I think few people are going to take the plunge for $50.
danskefogden
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of danskefogden
My order is in. I will write little review when got it
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2220 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Justin Miller's Captured is awesome. The only advantage to this version I see is sense the bottle is clear maybe it still looks like a cap inside versus a cap hammered out so a spec can reverse engineer it?
danskefogden
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of danskefogden
I am so disapointed now, this is not worth more than 15usd max. I will send it back
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2220 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Dan, can you clarify why you were disappointed and/or the expectation you had
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Re-Cap by Richard T. Smith (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL