The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Love & War by Jamie Daws (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fredr500
View Profile
Loyal user
Cary, NC
283 Posts

Profile of fredr500
While deciding whether to buy Jamie's new Scream (I did and can't wait) I poked around his site and picked up 2 other offerings. I'll post my reviews separately.

Love & War is an effect using photos. You tell the story of a couple separated when he goes off to war, and as a remembrance they tear a picture of themselves in half, each keeping a copy of their loved one. After the war he returns to the agreed upon spot only to find the Café destroyed in a bombing rain and no way to find his lost love. He then moves on with his life.

Fast forward 50 years and he returns to find the area rebuilt, yada yada yada and finds his love. And they live happily ever after. Awww. Great story, theme and emotions.

As you tell the story you act it out. You show the picture of the young couple, rip it in half, the spectator gets the guy, you keep the girl. At the end you show that the pictures have both aged and the prices match.

The handling on this is straightforward, there is no hint that anything will happen, you are just acting out the story. The handling is well-thought out, the routine removes any heat from the switch, and the ending is really a kicker to an emotional story.

This was released in 2014 and I don't know why I am just discovering it now. It is a too well kept secret.

You have to destroy 1.5 pictures each time you perform it (one picture can be used in 2 performances) and you have one print that can be reused repeatedly. I print my pictures at Sam's club for 8 cents each so this costs me an initial 8 cents then 12 cents per performance.

I just ordered enough for 100 performances. Best 12 bucks I'll spend today.

See the thread on Scream 2015 for the link to his site, you won't be disappointed. This is "highly recommended."
--------------------------------
Check out Funeral Sampler and over 200 reviews http://rosemagic.com
Author of The Sweet Psychic, http://thesweetpsychic.com
ECSS I, II, III IV, and V alumnus
PEA Member, IBM and SAM Life Member
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1733 Posts

Profile of JamieD
This is such an awesome review I hadn't seen! Smile

Thanks man! This is now available on Penguin Magic! http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4015

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
ManxBull
View Profile
Regular user
Isle of Man
105 Posts

Profile of ManxBull
This is such a great piece, such a spellbinding story. It never fails to draw an audience in, and there always snifflings, lumps in throats and moist eyes to witness. The final reveal brings awe and delight and comes as a real surprise. Because of the way the story unfolds, no one is ever expecting a switch. It's so easy to do, with no pressure - as long as you have your pockets set up properly, it's a doddle. You just have to put as much emotion as possible into the telling of the story. A favourite!
fredr500
View Profile
Loyal user
Cary, NC
283 Posts

Profile of fredr500
I posted my review on Penguin too.
--------------------------------
Check out Funeral Sampler and over 200 reviews http://rosemagic.com
Author of The Sweet Psychic, http://thesweetpsychic.com
ECSS I, II, III IV, and V alumnus
PEA Member, IBM and SAM Life Member
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4295 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Pre ordered this last night, new format single photo routine and a booklet with 10 photos to get started, looking forward to this.
professortango
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of professortango
Jamie Daws is one my favourite modern performers. His content and approach is fantastic.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1733 Posts

Profile of JamieD
I hope youre enjoying it Fire Starter!

professortango, that so kind. It means a lot! If people knew how much time I put into everything I do, comment like this makes it all worth while!

im pleased to say, this is now back in stock! AND many people were asking if they could purchase extra polaroid conversion sets, so I have now made them available!

Love and War comes with - Printed Booklet, Video Download, 30 professionally printed photos and a pair of polaroid conversion frames.

Love and War Polaroid Conversion Kit Refill comes with - 30 professionally printed photos, 2 sets of polaroid conversion frames.

And still Free worldwide shipping too! Smile

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4295 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I have put this into my Mini Mentalism theater show, only peformed the polaroid version as yet, which killed, I used a switching envelope, worked like a dream.this is my best purchase of the year, love Jamies stuff with photos.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1733 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Sounds lie a great concept Fire Starter! Please keep us up to date with how it goes! Smile

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Love & War by Jamie Daws (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL