The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » He's Not Here by Jamie Daws (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2613 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2017, JamieD wrote:
Hey afinemesh! Im afraid since this is a separate release and produced by Alakazam and not myself, the DVD cannot be purchased separately. But I hope those who enjoyed the original get some kind of worth out of the DVD instructions!

Jamie Daws

How can those who enjoyed the original set (myself and others) get some kind of worth out of the DVD instructions?

There were no DVD instructions. That's what I'm asking for now!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1684 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Hey afinemesh! Well personally I've always found that watching magicians lecture and learning from video helps me greatly. Its only then that you can pick up on nuances that perhaps its difficult to pick up in print. I.e body language, tonality, pacing etc. So hopefully those who pick up the DVD who had the original set, will get some worth from that. However, those with the original book and set have everything already and for them, it may not be worth the investment. It is of course, as always in the hands and heart of the buyer. If you feel as though you may get worth from video tuition then awesome. If you feel as though you have already performed the effect and have your own style going on, then equally awesome! Either way, I hope anyone and everyone who has He's Not Here is enjoying it as much as me Smile

I hope this helps afinemesh!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
ManxBull
View Profile
New user
Isle of Man
98 Posts

Profile of ManxBull
Pre-ordered. Scream, and Love and War, were exceptional so I can't wait to get hold of this one!
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
Deep In the Heart of Texas
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
Well I just ordered these 4 items:

He's Not Here by Jamie Daws and Alakazam Magic

The Deceased by Jamie Daws and Alakazam Magic

The Deceased Refill Pack

SCREAM DVD BY JAMIE DAWS AND ALAKAZAM MAGIC

Plus still waiting for DESTINESIA to arrive..
Chapter 18 (Member circa 1938)
robbie mcgrath
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
228 Posts

Profile of robbie mcgrath
Hi all
what a lovely effect... talk about "packs small" .....plays big . tried it twice only so far as only got round to opening it and its just fantastic ...well done mr daws
ManxBull
View Profile
New user
Isle of Man
98 Posts

Profile of ManxBull
Try playing it in reverse. He IS here. I tell the story of a family in a troubled house. I show the photograph with the extra figure missing and explain that the day the picture was taken, the head of the family tore the picture up and they left the house never to return, and no one knows why. I tell the story of a haunting that set everyone's nerves on edge, with the apparition of a figure similar to the missing one (though the spectators don't know this at the time, of course.) As the photo is reassembled during the telling, and the last piece is put in place, it now reveals the spectral presence that drove them out.
MikeOB
View Profile
Loyal user
Doylestown, PA
204 Posts

Profile of MikeOB
I have "Scream", "Scared" and "Love & War". I am going to pick up "The Deceased" and "He's Not Here" & "The Forgotten". I've seen the videos for all of these except "The Forgotten" and "Love & War". Is there any performance videos of Jamie doing "The Forgotten" and "Love and War"? They both seems like two very cool effects. Tried Google and YouTube.

Mike
ManxBull
View Profile
New user
Isle of Man
98 Posts

Profile of ManxBull
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2020, MikeOB wrote:
I have "Scream", "Scared" and "Love & War". I am going to pick up "The Deceased" and "He's Not Here" & "The Forgotten". I've seen the videos for all of these except "The Forgotten" and "Love & War". Is there any performance videos of Jamie doing "The Forgotten" and "Love and War"? They both seems like two very cool effects. Tried Google and YouTube.

I haven't seen any performance videos of 'Love and War, but I can vouch for how powerful and emotional it is. It's not a "spooky" effect in any way, of course, though it's definitely good story-telling magic. Its success hinges on you being able to immerse people in the story. I've never yet finished a performance of this without glistening eyes all round at the conclusion (including my own - after all, if you're not moved by your own words, why should anyone else be?), followed by thunderous applause. It offers a real emotional pay-off and people love it.

https://www.jamiedaws.co.uk/loveandwarpdf
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » He's Not Here by Jamie Daws (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL