The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Art Vandelay new Drawing Duplication "A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words" (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá

What is "A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words"

The new release from the guy who can paint with clouds!

Art Vandelay new drawing duplication effect will be your new way to perform this classic of Mentalism. The premise is simple and the process of revealing the information is unique and credible

No gimmicks
100% Impromptu
Beautiful presentation

In this eBook you will not only learn Art´s pet routine, but also my own "Gesture Peek", a workers technique to get a full billet peek.

You want a review copy? Just comment in here with a short rhyme regarding the title of this eBook Smile . JUST 3 review copies available.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
This is a very enigmatic and engaging demonstration of the classic drawing duplication plot. I was lucky enough to be on of the few to preview this work and I must say, it's built in the style that I build my presentations. It grabs your audiences attention, gets them interested then fuels them with an honest desire to see more.

I enjoyed reading this, just like all of Art's work, and I highly reccomend it to other that are looking for an engaging presentation to their own drawing duplication work.

XX,
-Jakob
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Take this pad and draw a picture
something you see in nature or is man made or even a mixture.
Make it interesting, not merely a house, a tree or a bird.
Use your imagination since a picture is worth a thousand words.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
I'm not a poet but:
"A strictures girth is worth a thousand nerds".
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
Drawing on memories and times gone by,
I wish to leave you emotionally stirred.
So here is my gift to you,
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Alwow
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
544 Posts

Profile of Alwow
Looking to the sky, seeing all that has been created and that of which is unseen can only eye; will stand the test of time. No words can truly capture what is witnessed so just enjoy it, especially with a glass of wine.
"Everything I show you is the truth... And the truth is the loveliest of lies"
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
There was an old man from Guadalupe
With any paper and pen he could find
And after a little time spent in your mind
He scribbled and drew And before anyone knew
He finished a great drawing dupe

Ta-da.
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
I can't write poems.
So I'm writing this haiku.
I'd love to review.. Smile
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

DutchFrank
View Profile
Special user
Has a fence with
541 Posts

Profile of DutchFrank
Totally impromptu,
by the end of the day
the drawing is duped
by Vanderlay.
Forgive me any language mistakes.

I'm Dutch.
DutchFrank
View Profile
Special user
Has a fence with
541 Posts

Profile of DutchFrank
Oops, it should be about the title:

A thousand words
That seems a lot,
But a picture is worth it,
So in fact it is not.

I'm Dutch.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Art was the king of the nerds
He was also a big hit with the birds
But he had them in fits
When he took a snap of their bits
but hey, a picture is worth a thousand words
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
We have winners!

You all were great! Smile I say only 3...but all who participate just send me thru PM your email (or if you know my email just send me one Smile )

Thanks for the interest, the contest is over.

Quote:
On Sep 23, 2015, magician 336 wrote:
This is a very enigmatic and engaging demonstration of the classic drawing duplication plot. I was lucky enough to be on of the few to preview this work and I must say, it's built in the style that I build my presentations. It grabs your audiences attention, gets them interested then fuels them with an honest desire to see more.

I enjoyed reading this, just like all of Art's work, and I highly reccomend it to other that are looking for an engaging presentation to their own drawing duplication work.

XX,
-Jakob

Thanks Jakob! Indeed a engaging moment of mindreading and beautiful words (and a awesome duplication of an image) to remember

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
To avoid any confusion, Art also release this effect thru Penguin.

The version that we are selling has my "Gesture P33k" technique, not the original one from Art.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
What makes this different from any other billet or business card routine?

Why should we buy this if we already have other ways to do a drawing dup?

Is this a new way of doing billet work or what?

I know it's only 15$ USD but I already do billet routines, so tell us why we need this.

Ray
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2015, Magical Dimensions wrote:
What makes this different from any other billet or business card routine?

Why should we buy this if we already have other ways to do a drawing dup?

Is this a new way of doing billet work or what?

I know it's only 15$ USD but I already do billet routines, so tell us why we need this.

Ray

Hi Ray.

In terms of core methodology, there is no revolutionary new method to get the info. Art teaches his way, I teach other one that I have used for years for many situations. Each one has their own benefit in terms of angles, time to do the p33k, etc.I strongly believe that the more you know, the better. There are some moments in which a pet technique just doesn't work at that type of venue and knowing options can save the moment.

So with this you are getting a very nice piece in which you don't only get 2 core methods to p33k but also Art´s core theme for DD and presentation finesses, that for me worth the price alone. These are the ideas that makes a performance memorable for a real audience and participant.

We hang out to much about our inner world of secrets. The true is that the real important world is the outer one, in which performace skills, scripts and the ideas that you are sharing structure the drama and the entertainment of your presentation.

If you need something else, just let me know!

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

www.mentalismcenter.com

www.arkanosophy.com
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
All I Read Was Corinda And Now I Have
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
Bonjour all!!

Loving all the poems about the effect, some have been a good laugh!

To answer a few questions, this is the same effect that is on Penguin, Lybrary and Tricksterslive however Pablo has kindly added one of his peeks to the pdf on his site.

As Pablo mentioned above it is always useful to have multiple methods for doing the same effect however I too agree that the presentation is worth the asking price alone. I guarantee that those who purchase will fall in love with it Smile

Thank you for your review Jakob, I am really pleased that you enjoy my work Smile

Kind regards
Art
THE MAN WHO CONTROLS THE ELEMENTS!
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
After receiving a review copy I am happy to have spent time reading this. A solid variety of methods are explained which allow you to obtain the p*** but the real meat is in the beautiful premise which really fleshes this out. What Art has done here is to provide the mechanics of the effect, plus a back story on which to affect your participant and create a strong moment.

It's only a shot review but everything here is solid, workable and very engaging from a spectators viewpoint and easy to pull off from a performers stance. Plus Art has provided short video explanations for the mechanics needed, but any card worker will know the necessary already.

So many ebooks over promise and usually offer nothing more than a pipe dream. This release however is grounded in proven, and straight forward mechanics, with a lovey and engaging premise given to you on a plate.

9/10
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
This says impromptu, but what is the surface the drawing/prediction is made? Is it restricted to say business cards/billets or can post-its or any scrap piece of paper be used?
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
All I Read Was Corinda And Now I Have
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
Hi Bond19, thank you so much for your review. It really means a lot to me that you enjoyed it. I am extremely proud of this effect and it's presentation is my favourite part ;-)

Hi tmoca, this is best performed with business cards, blank card stock and index cards.

I suppose you could use post it notes and scraps of paper but I would advise against it. It requires a few card "moves" that would be difficult, but not impossible, to perform with post it notes and scraps of paper.

I use blank business cards with this which are easy to find.

If you would like any more information feel free to private message me at any time.

Kind regards
Art
THE MAN WHO CONTROLS THE ELEMENTS!
DutchFrank
View Profile
Special user
Has a fence with
541 Posts

Profile of DutchFrank
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2015, Amirá wrote:
We have winners!

You all were great! Smile I say only 3...but all who participate just send me thru PM your email

Pm send, but no reaction yet......

I'm Dutch.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Art Vandelay new Drawing Duplication "A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words" (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL