The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Free Hands Off "Self Worker" (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Hey guys!

Wanted to post a hands off self working effect here that I absolutely love. I filmed for Murphys free trick Friday a while back but thought this part of the Café was a good spot for it.

It is a borrowed deck effect where the spectactor does all the heavy lifting for you.

http://youtu.be/87wHb3zXnEw

Ryan
inaciolino
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of inaciolino
RSchlutz, you're a great guy with clever ideas but I don't get the "exposure thing". Why big companies and big names of magic are going into the exposure field? I think I'll never understand!!!!
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Inaciolino-

I understand exactly where you are coming from. I guess I was just reposting something that was already out so wasn't meaning it in a malicious way toward the community. Feel free to report it. I won't take offense.

Take care.

Ryan
JH5magic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of JH5magic
Ryan - thanks for sharing your magic! I was at the MAES convention and your lecture was great and this particular effect went over very well! Keep the creative output flowing. All the best to you!

John
Tmayer
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Tmayer
Nice! I like!
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Brilliant work as always Ryan!

For anyone lurking about here you really owe it to yourself to check out Ryan's magic. I have his Miracles Without Moves and the material is superb. Unless you know what to look for, two of the routines will nail you badly if you are a magician. All of the routines are workers for non-magician audiences.

Ryan's material reminds me a lot of the work of Nick Trost and Stewart James and that is high praise.
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Thanks, Ryan. Like it! Now if I can just remember the cards.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Very clever, thanks for sharing this with us!
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Thanks for Sharing Ryan Smile
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
You guys are quite welcome! Hope you get some use out of it. It is my back pocket routine when someone just asks me to do something or if they happened to have a old deck laying around I can fairly say I won't touch anything and it is your deck!

Ryan
ianchandler
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of ianchandler
If you think this is exposure, you need to rethink your usage of words. Yes, an unlisted video shared on a magician's forum is horrible! Who are you, Brian Brushwood?

In all seriousness, I remember seeing this a while back. Great trick, Ryan.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Well there's nothing that keeps lay people from browsing this forum but I do agree that this is not egregious exposure. The cut deeper force is one of the forces that is routinely taught to beginners and Ryan's use of it here is original. I had the pleasure of being fooled by this in person when visiting Orlando a while back.

Thanks Ryan!
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Juble
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Juble
Nice application!
Thanks Ryan
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Thing is folks, most non-magicians that would try this would fail. Remember that WE understand (or are supposed to) the psychology of what we do. A non-magician is going to make a "move" out of what's going on in this cool routine.
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Well said Vlad... While this routine and my others are not technically demanding the real sleight of hand is how you handle the spectator and keep the naturalness of the routine. Hardest part in learning a semi-automatic effect is giving the overall impression that your actions and their actions don't matter to the outcome.

Ryan
inaciolino
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of inaciolino
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2015, ianchandler wrote:
If you think this is exposure, you need to rethink your usage of words. Yes, an unlisted video shared on a magician's forum is horrible! Who are you, Brian Brushwood?

In all seriousness, I remember seeing this a while back. Great trick, Ryan.

I feel I must apologize to Ryan. I had not noticed that the video was private.
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
No worries at all. I don't get worked up easily!

Take care

Ryan
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Well that's no fun Ryan!
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
632 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
The video is gone:(
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Robert are you sure? I just checked and it was still there.

Ryan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Free Hands Off "Self Worker" (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL