The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » FROM HELL - The Collector's Edition (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2661 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Http://www.lebanoncircle.co.uk/collectio......-edition

While I really like the look, feel, and size of the 5th Anniversary Edition, the bloody backs always seemed a bit over the top to me. This new, limited edition remedies that by offering a clean or bloody backs option (depending on your preference). It also contains 15 additional cards for alternate presentations/bonus routines and comes in a nice looking leather wallet

In a time when some sellers offer only vague descriptions (and few, if any, photos) of their products, Lebanon Circle must be commended for respecting their customers enough to actually show them what they are getting for their money: There's a 13 minute video on the web page that gives a thorough, detailed look at the new edition and even compares the cards with those from previous sets. Lebanon Circle even offers a sample card for 5 GBP (which can be used toward your order if you decide to buy the whole set). So you can buy with confidence. I did, and I eagerly await my purchase.

There are only going to be 250 sets. After that, FROM HELL will be retired from Lebanon Circle's catalog.

Tell 'em Jack sent you! Smile
pawel
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of pawel
I was just on email with Dan as I ordered my copy last night. About 60 of 250 are already gone guys. Make it quick. It's worth it in my opinion. I have 5th edition which I was thinking of selling. I took it out yesterday and browsed through cards. I can't sell it - sorry. Can't wait to get the new edition now! Best gift for the Halloween!! I will write review when only in my hands but the video on LC looks very promising.
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1519 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Love my 5th anni set also, ready to pick this newest last edition up as Iove what Dan has done with them.
Also considered selling my 5th anni set when I get these, but after pulling them out & playing with them & I agree, I find that I won't be selling them either !
Just been on the fence for the moment if I want the blood version or non blood on this one. As much as I don't mind the blood like my 5th edition set ( does add to the effect impact when cards are turned over IMO ) thinking of going with non blood version on this newest version as they look so realistic......seeing as my hauntique collection is based on being real, blood version might derail that.

I love that Dan has the option & think that this final set was worth him producing for the final From Hell swan song Smile
pawel
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of pawel
Just wonder - would you mark card yourself if you go with no blood marks? Or do you use another method for reveal when the cards are in "correct" piles? I ordered my copy with the marks but maybe I'm missing good new way of reveal.
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1519 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
The backs of the murdered victims have the police investigation stamp for the neg feeling reveal marking, the good pile pics don't, the blood spots just really do sink in the neg chosen pile of the effect. Its just not as gorey a reveal & even though Dan has the sutler cards with pics of death sites instead of autopsy pics which is cool addition to this set.

I possibly could add my own real blood spots to pic down the road if I chose.......had a few times people asked about the blood on the old pic with my 5th set, I just say the inspector added blood to the dead victims pics thinking that it was a way to get into the rippers head as part of his investigation technique.......
pawel
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of pawel
I understand what you mean now. I need to think about it as well. It's not too late to change mind I'm sure.
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2424 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
I sold my 5th edition on because of the blood marks they didn't look right to me. Glad to hear this has been remedied.
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2661 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2015, pawel wrote:
I was just on email with Dan as I ordered my copy last night. About 60 of 250 are already gone guys. Make it quick. It's worth it in my opinion. I have 5th edition which I was thinking of selling. I took it out yesterday and browsed through cards. I can't sell it - sorry.

I did the same thing. Smile Here's hoping we become as attached to the new version.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1723 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
My order is in.
pawel
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of pawel
I got my copy yesterday. It's different from the 5th edition. Smaller and more sloppy which I like. I didn't have a chance to play with it yet and read the pdfs but the set looks great. I didn't expect less from Dan @ LC!!!
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1723 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Mine arrived yesterday as well and I am very happy with the set.
:)
A.J.Drake
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
211 Posts

Profile of A.J.Drake
No. 4 arrived yesterday in good ol´Germany.
Magic is everywhere ...

www.ajdrake.de

www.facebook.com/a.j.drake
Brian Thomas
View Profile
New user
Virginia
61 Posts

Profile of Brian Thomas
I just received mine...I love the look and feel...certainly eerie...certainly macabre. I went with the blood but it was nice to have the option to forgo it. This is a quality item, right down to the leather case. Lots of possibilities for active imaginations here.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1519 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Was performing for a friend my 5th anni version the other day & he loved it, the bloody backs had an impact on him but also questioned them. Time fly's by & realized I never bought this final edition ! just ordered this now before they're all gone, went with the non bloody backs version as they for me feel like deal pics but still went with the pk - LOVE the reactions when that card moves !! LoL
Thanks again Dan for this final edition with so much more added to it ! Can't wait Smile
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1322 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
I've had my collectors edition of From Hell for a couple of weeks now, and it is spectacular. I initially hesitated due to Dan's decision to make them smaller, but with the individual aging they really do look and feel quite authentic (and they are actually larger than I had thought). I love the additional photos and routines as well. I went with bloody backs just because it pops a bit more on the reveal, but I think either way would be fine. It is the best one yet, and the most flexible as far as options--well worth getting.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1519 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Yes I went back n fourth on bloody backs for this final set as I agree it does make them pop better on the reveal with my 5th anni set I have,.....these latest ones do look to be very authentic looking from the website pics, Dan does a fantastic job on aging & felt the bloody back would kill the authentic look he will put into them.

If they were real blood spots no prob...lol

Thanks for posting your thoughts seth, really looking forward to this set, yes love the extra pics & flexabile options & extra routines too !!
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1322 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
I think you will really love the set, Merlinsmagic. Yes, the blood may detract from the perceived authenticity, but...I felt I wanted to balance realism with the spooky entertainment factor. Btw, what really pushed me over the edge to purchase was that I took advantage of the "try before you buy" sample card, and loved the card. Highly recommend going that route, if you are hesitating!
FJR
View Profile
Regular user
London
129 Posts

Profile of FJR
These are (darkly) beautiful things indeed. I picked up a set from Dan a few weeks back and they're absolutely great. The leather holding case is a great addition. I too dithered on the 'blood or no blood' option but went in the end for the blood. Hey, it's entertainemnt after all and this adds to 'Grand Guignol' theatre aspect of the whole effect!

All the best,
Francis
Flaneur / Gentleman Amateur
Member of the I.B.M - Ring 25
solarpk
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of solarpk
I've had this set for a couple of months, and the reactions have been great. It is a stunning set and the attention to detail on everything from the packaging through to the cards is truly exceptional and feels completely genuine (I didn't go for bloody backs to ensure this).

I can't see it on the http://www.lebanoncircle.co.uk/ website anymore so I don't know if it's gone for good - but I suspect everything else they sell has a similar focus on quality (note: I'm in no way affiliated).

I also found their podcast on the website when I ordered and it has been a joy too:
The Mystic Menagerie Podcast: http://www.lebanoncircle.co.uk/collectio......enagerie
Nunhunter
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Nunhunter
This set is one of the favourite effects I own. It even smells great!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » FROM HELL - The Collector's Edition (13 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.37 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL