The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » FROM HELL - The Collector's Edition (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ManxBull
View Profile
Regular user
Isle of Man
105 Posts

Profile of ManxBull
Can I give a shout out to a product that uses the same method, and was apparently developed with Dan's encouragement, namely 'Killer Clowns' from Gemini Artifacts?

https://www.geminiartifacts.com/collecti......r-clowns

I bought this a few weeks ago, and jaws drop at the reveal. It treads that fine line between fun and macabre just perfectly. I bought it thinking it would be a fun filler piece, a quick show opener, but it's become a firm favourite.

If you've missed 'From Hell' and aren't fixated on the Ripper theme, this is a fine piece.
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
886 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2017, ManxBull wrote:
Can I give a shout out to a product that uses the same method, and was apparently developed with Dan's encouragement, namely 'Killer Clowns' from Gemini Artifacts?

https://www.geminiartifacts.com/collecti......r-clowns

I bought this a few weeks ago, and jaws drop at the reveal. It treads that fine line between fun and macabre just perfectly. I bought it thinking it would be a fun filler piece, a quick show opener, but it's become a firm favourite.

If you've missed 'From Hell' and aren't fixated on the Ripper theme, this is a fine piece.

For my "Killer Clowns" piece I added some articles for credibility, a vintage leather portfolio upon which I stuck a vintage FBI label, and in the portfolio I have a couple of short vintage (1950's?) training manuscripts from the FBI on interviw techniques and on profiling of serial killers, and I have a 1950's paperback book on famous serial killers. Before saying anything about what the sorting is about specifically,
I ask the spec to use their best intuition in sorting a "good or p, easant feeling" from a "negative or uneasy" feeling as they look at each card. Then, after the sorting, I explain the piece as a demonstration of a test of prospective agents used by the FBI to see how sensitive is their "intuition". Just prior to the reveal, I turn over the portfolio, wherein the FBI label is casually noticed and then I briefly display the training manuals and the copy of the paperback book from within.
Then, the reveal,
"Let's see how you stack up as a possible FBI profiler if you were to take their test of intuition in finding serial killers!"

Smile Smile Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of kOnO
I have to sell my copy of From Hell the Collector's Edition #81 of 250. It is in the Lets Make a Deal section

kOnO
It is a lot easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
professortango
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of professortango
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2018, kOnO wrote:
I have to sell my copy of From Hell the Collector's Edition #81 of 250. It is in the Lets Make a Deal section

kOnO

Wow, someone's going to get a great piece of magic!
Psyfl
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Psyfl
Just bought one of these, surprised the 250 final copies haven't sold out yet.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1329 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
That's really odd--it is showing as in stock now. I was certain he was sold out as of a couple years ago... Maybe he found a few kits in a box behind a workbench or something..?
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1520 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
I think Dan removed a lot while he was making multiple other effects & projects that consumed his time & having to make each set as the orders came in ?
I noticed that most came back available again after he finished 1st round of newest slates.
Psyfl
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Psyfl
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2019, Seth speaks wrote:
That's really odd--it is showing as in stock now. I was certain he was sold out as of a couple years ago... Maybe he found a few kits in a box behind a workbench or something..?

That is strange. As I mentioned in my previous post, I was surprised to see that they weren't sold out. At first I thought the website might've not been updated, by nevertheless my order was confirmed and I'm happy to be able to get one.
ManxBull
View Profile
Regular user
Isle of Man
105 Posts

Profile of ManxBull
The Collector's Edition appeared quietly and without fanfare on the website a few weeks ago. I was surprised to see it too and have grabbed one for myself.

The quality of the product goes without saying: it's a LC release. They're really good, solid pieces with an air of authentic antiquity.

Everyone knows it's an OOTW routine, of course, but there's a whole bunch of downloads accompanying it, giving several different ways of performing. There are also suspect photos included and documentation for several other linked effects to create a sequential flow of Ripper-themed mysteries. The set is definitely not a one trick pony.

Grab it while you can.
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
908 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Greetings

Yes, of the original 250 run there's just over 80 copies left so thought it was about time they hit the market rather than gathering dust in the studio.

Darkly

Dan
pieaddict
View Profile
New user
UK
97 Posts

Profile of pieaddict
Ordered one yesterday, happy I hadn't missed out after all.
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
886 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2015, pawel wrote:
I was just on email with Dan as I ordered my copy last night. About 60 of 250 are already gone guys. Make it quick. It's worth it in my opinion. I have 5th edition which I was thinking of selling. I took it out yesterday and browsed through cards. I can't sell it - sorry. Can't wait to get the new edition now! Best gift for the Halloween!! I will write review when only in my hands but the video on LC looks very promising.

Ditto there! I pulled out 5th edition, considered selling,but keeping...AND ordered the new Collector's From Hell today! Will find ways to fit in, use and alternate plus the extras in the Collector's!! Can't wait...and Dan'd service is awesome as I had a glitch with a payment faux pas on my end, which he resolved stat!!!
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » FROM HELL - The Collector's Edition (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL