The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Cubs in the wild card. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20374 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Not often a phrase like that gets use shop I wanted to use it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
197 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Good luck to you Danny, if that's your team! Smile

PS - I'll root with you since my team is long ago eliminated.

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20374 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
They have arguably the best pitcher going right now.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Congrats to the Cubs for making the play offs.

Up here, we feel about the same regarding the Blue Jays.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20374 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Good luck.

With the Cubs ace hitting a home run today I would hate to be Pittsburgh or St. Louis in a one game series. Cubs actually looked lose today.

Well yesterday. I watched it today.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Party like it's 1984.

The 1-game play-in stinks. At least make it a 2 out of 3 (I'd prefer 3 out of 5), but it definitely favors the Cubs. Arrieta is just ridiculous.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20374 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Home run baby!

Not to mention he can pitch.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20374 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Interesting. Like I said a one game format and the best pitcher going it almost seemed inevitable.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4972 Posts

Profile of RNK
And it was inevitable...... Bucs could not get it going. I feel Clint Hurdle did not put out his best line-up. When you have an Ace pitcher like Arietta you have to put your best offense of team in and that was not the case last night.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3947 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
With my Yanks out of the picture, I have to root for the Cubs. It's exciting that they have finally made it to this point, and have a solid team and front office. I just can't bring myself to root for the Mets even though they are a NY team, and it would be exciting if the Astros get to the Dance as well!
First edition and reprint of Rubinstein Coin Magic sold out in RECORD TIME! The good news, though, is that I have reprinted the book once again (they are selling like hotcakes!), so there are enough for everyone!! As such, and for the last time, I again have a limited supply of books that I can sign. All come with a special FREE GIFT until supplies are gone, so first come, first serve! To order, be sure to send me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com . The books are here and ready to ship!
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used on the book.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20374 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I think it will take a LOT of serious momentum, and the intangibles for them to pull off a run very deep. Would be great to watch from my perspective, but realistically very daunting.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20374 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am not one to complain about officials but the corners of the strike zone in the game tonight are seriously swollen.

A huge strike zone! For both sides mind you.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20374 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So the Cubs are ahead in the 2nd in the 2nd game. I have NO delusions about them going all the way but these guys are making a game of it! Good for them.

Going to stop by Wrigley on my way home from Philly.

5 runs. Not one earned yet!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
If the Cubs break even when Arrieta isn't pitching, they're going to be dangerous.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20374 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Cahill just pitched the fastest 8th inning I remember!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20374 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Not a bad game.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Great game! I'm pulling for the Cubs and the Mets to go head to head. We'll see.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3947 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Cubs in!!!
First edition and reprint of Rubinstein Coin Magic sold out in RECORD TIME! The good news, though, is that I have reprinted the book once again (they are selling like hotcakes!), so there are enough for everyone!! As such, and for the last time, I again have a limited supply of books that I can sign. All come with a special FREE GIFT until supplies are gone, so first come, first serve! To order, be sure to send me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com . The books are here and ready to ship!
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used on the book.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20374 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Unreal.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Cubs in the wild card. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL