The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Limited technique trick challenge 1 (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
In case people think these kind of restricted thinking shops are fun Smile

Can people name five strong tricks that ONLY utilise some combination of: Overhand or Hindu shuffle controls + Gl**pses + the K*y C*rd principle? [So no secret stacks or prearrangements, DUs, DT/DLs, gaffs etc]

My first choices would be Invisible Cards from Gerry Griffin's CCM, Hindu Aces from MWCMC, and The Nervous Card from EOCT.
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1478 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
Here's a good one: DWYW from WDIK only uses a FUAGA with a ***d, a TFC and a +?#!.
failed_drummer
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of failed_drummer
Sloppy triumph and the circus card trick are the only ones that spring to my mind. Most of my stuff I really sleight-heavy.
1tepa1
View Profile
Inner circle
1282 Posts

Profile of 1tepa1
Spelling effects .
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Drummer - is the circus card trick the 'betting' gotcha one?
failed_drummer
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Aye. You find theirs and then keep going for a bit, make a 'bet', then turn over their card.
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Yes, I like that one Smile Certainly entertaining ... not sure it counts as 'strong' IMHO though.
JamieUK
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of JamieUK
Do as I do?
failed_drummer
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

I've seen it go down really well with the right presentation, but yes, it's not a stunner usually.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Coincidentally Yours by Harry Lorayne --Close Up Card Magic-- (CUCM) uses no moves at all, and it's one of the best I've ever seen.
BalloonThief
View Profile
New user
California
63 Posts

Profile of BalloonThief
Do as I Do, The Non-Poker Voice, and Gray's Spelling Trick are classics that fit your criteria. All three can be found in Royal Road. Two more are The Magic Breath and Card Detected by Pulse Beat from The Encyclopedia of Card Tricks.
1tepa1
View Profile
Inner circle
1282 Posts

Profile of 1tepa1
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2015, fonda57 wrote:
Coincidentally Yours by Harry Lorayne --Close Up Card Magic-- (CUCM) uses no moves at all, and it's one of the best I've ever seen.

But it has a setup. And it does use a false shuffle.
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2537 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
Prior Commitment by Simon Aronson fits the criteria. See Pete McCabe's Scripting Magic for a nice presentation of this effect.

Let me see what others I can think of.
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
1tepa1
View Profile
Inner circle
1282 Posts

Profile of 1tepa1
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2015, BarryFernelius wrote:
Prior Commitment by Simon Aronson fits the criteria. See Pete McCabe's Scripting Magic for a nice presentation of this effect.

Let me see what others I can think of.

But it has a setup. And uses modified cards. Although I can see how the principle could be used with the restrictions the OP has given.
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
2537 Posts

And that's why I referenced Pete McCabe's Scripting Magic. In that book, David Regal describes his presentation for the effect. It does not require a set-up of any kind. (In fact, the spectator shuffles the deck before you start.) And modifying the jokers is optional, but ridiculously easy to do. And it doesn't render the deck unusable for other effects.
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
2537 Posts

Another good one: Bruce Cervon's Perfect Speller. With the proper presentation, this is a very strong effect. (I think it's much stronger than Gray's spelling trick.) At the Magic Castle, I've seen Rich Cowley CLOSE his close-up set with this one.

-Leonard Bernstein
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
2537 Posts

Yet another: Maurice Fogel's Triple Prediction.

-Leonard Bernstein
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
2537 Posts

And quite a few of the tricks in John Bannon's Destination Zero meet the requirements of the OP.

-Leonard Bernstein
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
I want to get that Bannon book
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Cheers for some interesting and (to me) new suggestions Barry Smile

Where can one find Cervon's Perfect Speller?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Limited technique trick challenge 1 (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL