The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Denny & Lee Magic Studio, Baltimore (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Nestled into an Industrial Park in Rosedale, Maryland is a place that's really special......Denny & Lee Magic Studio, Baltimore. I was there this past weekend with Dick Oslund for his Lecture and Book-Signing event.

I've been hanging around Magic Shops since 1956, and although I can't say that I have been to them all, I have to to most of them, coast-to-coast...and I can say that I have never seen another Magic Shop like Denny & Lee..it is literally ONE OF A KIND.

Upon entering, my jaw literally dropped to the floor.....I have never seen such a collection of collector's items from Thayer, Paul Fox, Rings and Things, Owen Magic, Merv Taylor and on and on and on........

Denny & Lee Magic Studio had the largest collection of Magic Books I have ever seen in any magic store in my life.....they have a performing stage, warehouse space for illusions and much much more.

In fact, Denny & Lee reminded me, in a way, of visting the Flosso Hornmann Magic store in NYC in 1966..it is THAT unique...

Understand that my comments are meant in no way to take away from any of the many oustanding Magic Shops in the United States, each with its own unique "Vibe" and all offering great customer service....

Magicians living around the Baltimore area are very fortunate to have such a resource available to them.......Denny & Lee is the "Ken Brooke" of American Magic Shops.

I wish EVERY magician and EVERY Magic Dealer could visit there and see it!
Mark Walker
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Mark Walker
Hey Rainboguy,

Yes, we are extremely lucky to have a place like the Denny & Lee Magic Studio here in Baltimore. It’s a great store and Dennis Haney is an expert on so many branches of the magical arts.

I attended Dick Oslund’s lecture there this past Saturday evening and the place was packed.

Mark
gatorjim
View Profile
New user
Fayetteville, TN
53 Posts

Profile of gatorjim
I've got the Denny & Lee Magic Studio on my bucket list to visit. I have purchased several things on-line over the years from D&L but have never been to the studio. I think it's great that they have lecture's there.....that's one thing I miss since I no longer live near a large metro area that has any good magic stores and lectures.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
I've also got to add that Denny is the Real Deal. He has forgotten more on magic and showmanship than I could only help to ever learn. You can buy a trick anywhere, but Denny gives you insights, handlings, direction and more that is truly priceless.

Dan.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Denny has been booked for Abbott's Get-Together in 2016. For all Magicians who will be attending...........meet Denny....you will be glad you did!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2015, Amazing Magic Co wrote:
I've also got to add that Denny is the Real Deal. He has forgotten more on magic and showmanship than I could only help to ever learn. You can buy a trick anywhere, but Denny gives you insights, handlings, direction and more that is truly priceless.

Dan.

Sorry Dan, but, I must quibble a bit! Some of the young guys may differ in their opinion (HERE COMES THE BUT)BUT, you CANNOT BUY a TRICK. A TRICK, like music, only exists WHILE IT IS BEING PERFORMED. When ya stop draggin' the rosined horsehair over the taut cat gut the music ceases.

You CAN BUY a PROP or a SECRET. Using the prop or secret, you can PERFORM a TRICK. Depending on YOUR PERSONALITY and YOUR PRESENTATION, the spectator(s) may be ENTERTAINED.

NO QUESTION! DENNY IS A MASTER SHOWMAN! His performing experience, plus native talent, qualifies him as a SUPERIOR MENTOR.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Is he bringing along his two sidekicks this time.....frick and frack? I had a ball working with them last time. Especially rehearsals on the CCB.
Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Richard:

Yes.

When Dick and I were there Denny told us that frick and frack would be there with him.

For those of you who don't speak Richard's version of Ohio Pig Latin, Frick and Frack are Puck and Scott Alexander........or....maybe I had their names in reverse order (smile).

And, per Dick's post above......props are just tools...the hard part..? ENTERTAINING!!!
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Alphabetically you are correct. Let's let them fight over top billing.

I guess I better make some more Berland Silk appears up if they are lecturing.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
The Vegas phone has been out of order for over a month.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I was able to stop in for awhile several years ago when on vacation with the family in D.C. I remember how packed the place was and wished I had more time and money on that particular visit. Would love to go back sometime.

Glen
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
710 Posts

Profile of Vogler
Does anyone knows why they don't have a site anymore?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2018, Juliano wrote:
Does anyone knows why they don't have a site anymore?

I guess because you don't know how to use Google. Or it is because you are trying to find a website that is not in Europe. I know I have a hard time finding websites in Europe.

Here you go.

http://dennymagic.com/store/
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
710 Posts

Profile of Vogler
I searched last night and the site was down...
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Juliano, did you click on the link Bill provided and if so, what was the result? Denny's site is up and running the that link takes you there directly
Where the magic begins
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
YUP

I just tried it, and it's still functioning!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
I just tried it, and got an error message. Maybe it’s off and on, right now.
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1367 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
All OK for me as of right now.
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I find it strange there is no "www" in the address, anyone know if that means something?
John Oaks
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of John Oaks
I don't think it does, but forget the technical reason why. Even if you put in www it still resolves to his site. Has something to do with how it is registered I believe.
Have a Magical Day!
------

I really didn't know how to explain it.
So I told them the truth, and they fell for it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Denny & Lee Magic Studio, Baltimore (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL