The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Denny & Lee Magic Studio, Baltimore (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
thomasR
View Profile
Special user
770 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Anyone order anything from them online lately? It's been awhile, my order is still listed at "Pending" on their website. I sent them an email and have not received a reply. on the plus side my credit card hasn't been charged.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21938 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Denny & Lee Magic Studio is a real magic store. They have them in Baltimore and Las Vegas. You can call, using a smart phone, flip phone, or land line telephone, and speak to a real person, even Denny depending which store he is at, at the time.

I believe Scott Alexander is still the manager at the Las Vegas store.

I have not heard of the Las Vegas store being closed, as I am not up to speed of current circumstances.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
thomasR
View Profile
Special user
770 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2018, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Denny & Lee Magic Studio is a real magic store. They have them in Baltimore and Las Vegas. You can call, using a smart phone, flip phone, or land line telephone, and speak to a real person, even Denny depending which store he is at, at the time.

I believe Scott Alexander is still the manager at the Las Vegas store.

I have not heard of the Las Vegas store being closed, as I am not up to speed of current circumstances.

I was hoping you would respond! wouldn't be the same ole Café experience without you. Smile
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1747 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Speaking of Denny Haney......he just sent me an E-Mail confirming a shipment of his new Reg Donnely Multiplying bottles....I bought them on Denny's Recommendation....Denny KNOWS Multiplying Bottles and he told me that he thinks the Reg Donnely set is BETTER than the Ken Brooke set....that's saying a LOT!!!

My other set is a 12-bottle set of Rings N Things Bottles which I think I will "retire" when these new ones arrive,,,,,,,,

Here are the new ones that Denny Shipped to me today:

http://dennymagic.com/store/multiplying-......set.html
thomasR
View Profile
Special user
770 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Hey Rainboguy, did it take a while for Denny to get to your order? I'm wondering if he's been busy and is just a bit backed up.

Those bottles do indeed look nice! The multiplying bottles is a trick I have not yet gotten into.... but it would really fit the character of a show that I hope to do one day.
So one of these days I'll need to get a set.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1747 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
ThomasR:

I suggest you call Denny Haney at the store in Rosedale and ask about your order.
thomasR
View Profile
Special user
770 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Is there a reason you didn't answer my question?
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1747 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
ThomasR:

No. It didn't take any time at all for Denny to get to my order. Is there a reason you didn't do what I suggested that you do?
thomasR
View Profile
Special user
770 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Mostly I'm waiting to see how long it takes for my e-mail to be responded to. I'm a bit stubborn I suppose but I get pretty annoyed when a business doesn't respond to an email in a timely manner. That's why I asked if he was a bit behind in emails and orders because that would make sense.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5172 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
ThomasR, I wholeheartedly agree with you. As a Creative Director at a small visual design studio I am the point person for all communications. I try to answer emails within the hour if not within minutes. With today's technology there's no reason not to.

However, we are in a technological transition from one generation to another. Many of our clients are older and simply don't use email, or check it irregularly or not at all. They find it to be impersonal and get more satisfaction out of a phone call. I realize Denny is a business owner and should cater to his clientele, but a phone call may be your best bet in this case.

(I've never done business with Denny, so I'm just guessing here based on my business experience).
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21938 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
ThomasR, of course we have no idea what you ordered, but the reason may be as simple as, Denny was out of stock, and had to get another item from the creator. If he did not get a timeline from the creator, then of course he may be waiting like you for a delivery date.

Denny is one of the last dealers that actually order items from small cottage business from all over the world.

I don't know why people today are afraid to use the voice feature on their telephones. I got a complicated PM from a member. I suggested he call me, for a better understanding, and more details. He chose to not respond, and forget altogether discussing his dilemma.

Really strange.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1747 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
ThomasR:

The reason it didn't take any time for Denny to get to my order is because I CALLED HIM.

Denny is pretty much an "Old-School" kinda guy.
thomasR
View Profile
Special user
770 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Since my credit card wasn't charged, I'm pretty good with just letting the order go. Im sure Denny is a nice guy, but I'll just stick to companies that have a working Web store and answer customer emails. If it does show up one day, I'll be happy to get them.

To me, this is not about calling. If I had called and left a message and you guys were saying "oh Denny never answers the phone, try sending an Email" I would have the same response.

Bill - everything I ordered was listed as "in stock" on his web store. If something was out of stock, I would have appreciated an email or telephone call informing me of the delay.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Denny is well beyond a "nice guy" as he is an incredibly experienced, knowledgeable & honest. You can place an order anywhere but if you want genuine insight and feedback to steer you right or offer routining/handling input, you simply pick up the phone and call him directly. He almost always answers and cares about his customers. Yes .. That is old school and rare today in going well beyond in offering incredible added value.

Dan Kramer.
silking
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of silking
The Las Vegas store is no longer a Denny's Store. It has had a new owner the the last 6 months. It is call Top Hat and Wand Magic Shop. They have a nice selection.
thomasR
View Profile
Special user
770 Posts

Profile of thomasR
I never did get my order, nor an answer to my multiple emails.
I found most of the booklets on magic inc.'s site and the 1 book that only Denny listed as in stock I emailed the author directly and he was super nice
and sold me a test copy of the book for a discount and he signed it. So everything turned out great for me, but Denny failed to gain me as a customer that's for sure.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1771 Posts

Profile of Anatole
This is the URL for the new location for Denny and Lee Magic in York, Pennsylvania:
http://dandlmagic-com.3dcartstores.com/?......bi5IaHEE

I think the website is still a work-in-progress.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3049 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
I just adjusted our on-line Google map of Brick & Mortar Shops to show the new location for D&L Magic Shop. The map is right on the front page of The Magic Nook and you can enlarge it like any Google map. I found a photo of the old business that had been at that spot, and as soon as someone sends me a new photo of D&L Magic to replace it, I'll put it up.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2984 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Who’s running the store in York? Glad the business is continuing.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Denny & Lee Magic Studio, Baltimore (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL