The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Red Pill by Chris Ramsay (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
jruiz0216
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jruiz0216
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2015, TuneHV wrote:
It's now being offered as a video download as well... so I'm wondering what the "gimmicks" are?

Where did you find this as a download option
jruiz0216
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jruiz0216
Nevermind, Google is my friend, I was just lazy Smile
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2015, Steven Conner wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2015, Slackerking wrote:
Really? Wouldn't that be kind of anticlimactic with all the cards stick to the ceiling and people seeing you do the same effect from a distance while they were eating? They'd know what was coming which would seem to lessen the awe.

I suppose depending on one's entertaining ability whether it would be anticlimactic. This was a staple that everyone loved, especially seeing their name, card and money on the ceiling. Five nights a week for 5 years is a pretty good track record. When I was working the streets, instead of the ceiling, it was a picture window. My point in all of this is to say if is that good, don't short yourself for 1 or 2 performances.

Just joshing, I'm sure really good entertainers can make it fun every time. But not everyone can pull that off, like me for instance 😁
jruiz0216
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jruiz0216
Watched the download, I'll need to take the weekend to get it ready and work on one particular sl@**!t, I do think that it could play big though, I'm with you SlackerKing I would probably only do it once, maaaaybe twice per night. More so due to the set up, both in time and monetarily (I only do volunteer stuff right now.
Will report back on this Monday Smile
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2015, jruiz0216 wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2015, TuneHV wrote:
It's now being offered as a video download as well... so I'm wondering what the "gimmicks" are?

Where did you find this as a download option

Red Pill is available on DVD, but these's also a download or stream version
http://www.magicshop.co.uk/product_info.......d=146858

Hope this helps
Dominic
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Very reasonably priced all things considered. Might have to check this out.
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
So is the gimmick easy to make or obtain if you get the download rather than waiting for the DVD with the gimmick?

Robert
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Very good question Robert.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2015, Robert Sixx wrote:
So is the gimmick easy to make or obtain if you get the download rather than waiting for the DVD with the gimmick?

Robert

If you buy the download rather than the DVD, you probably have around 10 minutes (if that) arts and crafts 'fun' to make the gimmick that comes with the DVD.

Hope this helps
Dominic
jruiz0216
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jruiz0216
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2015, Dominic Reyes wrote:
Quote:

Robert

If you buy the download rather than the DVD, you probably have around 10 minutes (if that) arts and crafts 'fun' to make the gimmick that comes with the DVD.

Hope this helps
Dominic

I'd say maybe 20 min for the first time. As magicians you will most likely have everything you need to make the gimmick up.
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
Thanks Dominic!

Robert
ChrisRamsay
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of ChrisRamsay
Quote:

Robert

The gimmick can be made at home, we've included it for simplicity, maybe an extra 5 mins of arts and crafts.

Cheers

Chris
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

Just ordered this.

Having some trouble with MoM, since I ordered the download and nothing is showing up.

Once this gets sorted, and Ive had a chance to watch it, I will post my full review.

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Downloading now.

I didn't have an account setup with MoM, so I created one, problem was that my paypal email was different than the one I setup, so I had to log in with a paypal one that MoM created for me.

Great resources for FAQs for problems at MoM.

Anyway, I will provide my review today.

RED PILL, stay tuned.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
So if they open the pack after they'll discover how the trick works?
jruiz0216
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jruiz0216
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2015, Robmonster wrote:

Highly unlikely they will find out, they would have to examine it under a magnifying glass, even then they would probably have a hard time discovering anything.
There is a routine called Blue Pill (I think, I watched it last night so don't fully remember, LOL) that opening of the pack is part of the routine (there was something here but I removed as not sure if it falls under the exposure, still learning the boundaries with that)

Sorry and thank you
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
There's no such thing as 'fun' arts and craft. Smile
jruiz0216
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jruiz0216
I only said 20 min as a start to finish on making the full thing for the first time. I may be wrong once I get it made up, I'll time myself Smile

Quote:
On Oct 2, 2015, ChrisRamsay wrote:
Quote:

Robert

The gimmick can be made at home, we've included it for simplicity, maybe an extra 5 mins of arts and crafts.

Cheers

Chris
ChrisRamsay
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of ChrisRamsay
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2015, Robmonster wrote:

No, they'll never see how it works, way to hard to reconstruct. But giving them the option of maybe finding out how it works is a great way for them to ask themselves "Do I want to know?"

Cheers,

Chris
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

This is my extensive review of Red Pill Video Stream or Download, which I bought from Merchant of Magic, since I much preferred building my own gimmick, and not waiting for a DVD.

The price is about $19.00 or so, so really reasonably priced.

The creator: Chris Ramsey......I know about Chris from my good friend Peter Turner that spent some time with him while he did his At the Table lecture, and also from several At The Table lecture series in which he was the host.

What you get: In my case I opted for the video stream or download, which is a 406MB file, which downloads pretty quick, and the time clocked in for the whole download streaming or download was 1 hour and 30 minutes.

First of all, Chris talks to the camara and explains what you just bought and what you are about to see, it was pretty funny at some points, as Chris is a joker at times.

He then says that you need to construct a gimmick, and explains every nuance of the gimmick, and how to properly and correctly build your gimmick, with the necessary materials as well.

Those that opt for the DVD, a gimmick will be supplied for you.

The gimmick is not hard to make, and I would say for the first time, in about 10 min you should be able to do it. The gimmick once built, will last you a long time and you can always make more if need be.

Next, comes the construction of how the thought of card ends up inside a sealed pack of cards.....I think its pretty much to the point and well within everyones grasp, and should take probably for first timers, a max of about 20-30 minutes, then once you get the hang of it, you can be building them faster.

Chris then goes over the 2 main routines which are Secret, and Red Pill, and explains everything you need to know.

There is a slight you will need to be able to do for this, but with practice its not hard, and you will have it down in no time. For experienced card magicians, you all already know how to do it.

Secret is great, because in the end leaves the spectator with an impossible souvenir, or if they want they may open up the pack and check if curiosity gets the best of them.

Red Pill is also good, but a different effect, in which a thought of blue card disappears from its pack, and ends up sealed inside the other pack.

After watching these sections, I immediately thought up another alternative, with no eq.....ue, but then on the next section, Chris covers the same method I had just thought of, without using anything of the sort.

Chris then goes into various nuances and handling tips, and then goes on and shows you sleights that you may need as well.

In the end, the crediting was done correctly, after 1 year in the making, in which you see Chris's beard grow, and all in all this is a great piece of strong mentalism/magic to add to your repertoire.

I think this is something that you can have on you at any given time, and if someone tells you to blow them away, you can perform Secret or Red Pill and leave your spectators in awe.

As a side note, when I saw Secret, at first, it reminds me a lot of Peter Turner's way of doing mentalism with hidden messages and cold reads, in the fact that the spectator has an impossible object to take home.

Inside the sealed pack, if the spectator decides to open it up later, you can put other things inside or messages, and do something like Peter Turner, in which on one routine of his, he instructs the spectator to open up the message at the right time, and that she will know when that is, and the message contained within is just beautiful.......well you can do this as well with Secret, and combine the 2 effects, which is what I will do, to make an impact, and in the case the spectator happens to get curious and open up the cards, they will get a double kicker in the end.

You can get creative with this effect, and take it to new heights, your imagination is endless.

I feel that for the price of $19.00 this is very underpriced, and should have been priced higher, but thanks for having the price low.

The only con I can see from the video stream or download, which isn't that much of a big deal, but I would have liked to see, if the full performances of Chris doing Secret, and Red Pill. I think that would have been a lot better to include, but again, it doesn't deter from the actual product which I think is fantastic, and something to save for special occasions.

Rating: Out of a 10 point scale...........9.5/10

Great job Chris.

Gets docked .5 points for no video performances, and you having to construct and buy other items, but most of the items you either have at home or can acquire for under $5.00

I highly recommend this DVD or download to anyone looking to step up their mentalism/magic, and having a knockout at their disposal.

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Red Pill by Chris Ramsay (25 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL