The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Amazebox by Mark Shortland (41 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
Deep In the Heart of Texas
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
Looks too cool.. Just purchased it.. Looks to have potential to be 2015 Tick of the Year to me..
Chapter 18 (Member circa 1938)
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4177 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Just got sent them now,Wayhay ,so will take a look thankyou Penguin
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2015, Therealmagician wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 23, 2015, bowers wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 23, 2015, Ypnoze wrote:
How many billets can we switch please ?

Instructions say 20-24 billets.

That's annoying, I wanted to use it for a lottery prediction with at least 36 billets.

Then buy another version.

Luca Volpe offers a nice OM box.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Robb
View Profile
Inner circle
1293 Posts

Profile of Robb
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2015, Kuroth wrote:
Looks too cool.. Just purchased it.. Looks to have potential to be 2015 Tick of the Year to me..

Well, first of all, it's not a "trick"; it's a utility device. The thought of anyone using this as a trick ("Look, I turned your iPhone 6 into an iPhone 5") makes me shutter. The benefit of this device is it's relative invisibility. It's just a cardboard box. Let's not turn it into a magic prop.
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
Sorry.. Did not realize utility devices cant be nominated for Trick of the Year..
Ypnoze
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of Ypnoze
Amen to that Robb

It's a card box that collects billets, no more!
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
I don't plan to use it to switch IPhones..
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4177 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Well I got the email instruction sent to me from Penquin,had a little watch on Saturday,thought today ARH I will watch it and put my box together,poxy e mail does not work ,can not connect,so can not put the bloody thing together,wish these things came with a good old fashioned DVD. GRRRrrrrrrr.
Robb
View Profile
Inner circle
1293 Posts

Profile of Robb
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2015, Kuroth wrote:
Sorry.. Did not realize utility devices cant be nominated for Trick of the Year..

No, it certainly can, I was just commenting that it's not really "trick" in case anyone was thinking in those terms. Not that you were, just a thought.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Agree with Robb 1000%
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
VMids
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of VMids
Totally love this one!
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1361 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Got mine yesterday. As good as advertised.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4177 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Well just put mine together very nice indeed so ordinary looking and I am just reading up on some billet routine's and found a few nice one's by Annaman,so whoopeee,can not wait to use it.
Shanlip
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
141 Posts

Profile of Shanlip
Got this today and the web link on the card doesn't work. DVD's are far better than download instructions.
Here I am in Australia with a new toy I can't play with!
It's the middle of the night in the US.
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Germantown, Maryland
512 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
A video review of this product can be found here: http://youtu.be/gMGuv6hws4g
martysh
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville,SC
464 Posts

Profile of martysh
Hey guys I just got this thing too... but I don't know yet how to use it.. can you give me some ideas... my original plan was to do Stefan Oche... dream thing where every one writes an item on a paper puts it in a pay envelope and throws it at me... a spec picks 5 and one gets switched... I thought the box here might help with all the messy throw and pick up.. but I might not be getting the mileage out of it that you all plan to.. would appreciate any suggestions..
can write me privately if need be

Marty
Shanlip
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
141 Posts

Profile of Shanlip
All is good, I worked it out.
VanishingInc
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of VanishingInc
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2015, martysh wrote:
Hey guys I just got this thing too... but I don't know yet how to use it.. can you give me some ideas... my original plan was to do Stefan Oche... dream thing where every one writes an item on a paper puts it in a pay envelope and throws it at me... a spec picks 5 and one gets switched... I thought the box here might help with all the messy throw and pick up.. but I might not be getting the mileage out of it that you all plan to.. would appreciate any suggestions..
can write me privately if need be

Marty

Hey Marty!

If you haven't watched this yet, I talk about a couple of ideas you can do with it in this video. It might help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0kq9JRl4Dw

Kyle
We personally curate every product we sell because we put quality and service first.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4177 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Kind of tells everyone what this bloody box does ,hey it's now on youtube now,,doh.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2015, Phatmeat wrote:
A video review of this product can be found here: http://youtu.be/gMGuv6hws4g

Nice and helpful review other than promoting the box as a cool magic "trick."

This imo should not be a trick. If one uses it as a trick (kings to aces! 1's to 20's!) than of course the box will be suspect - regardless of whether the spectator opens it. It should be invisible. No attention called to the box at all.

This is a mentalist tool -an old one brought to new life. It's a utility prop. Those confused on its use etc should perhaps grab some classic mentalism books like Cassidy's fundamentals. Therein you will find a wealth of ways to use this invisibly.

Another thought is this might make a fantastic tool to use with Ken Dyne's superb E1 effect from his penguin lecture.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Amazebox by Mark Shortland (41 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL