The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » This was odd. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
RC
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of RC
I was just about to post this story as well. It's very bizarre.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Its not really bizarre when you think about it. No one knows for absolute certainty whether hypnosis could have or could not have contributed to the outcomes of the two deaths. We can all argue until the cows come home. But the fact is someone was successfully sued for a lot of money. I don't know what the legal grounds were but they were successful. And that can't be a good thing for the future.

If it can happen once it can happen again.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
My guess and its just a guess is that it was because he wasn't licensed. They probably got him on that. A really stupid thing for a "teacher" to do in a school with children. Its just asking for trouble. He should've known better even if his intentions were good.
Four Jakes
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Four Jakes
I think since it was settled, that no law was effected or affected, which is a good thing. But it does set a precedent which is a bit scary. But also, Florida amirite?
kevinuncanny
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of kevinuncanny
Instead of sending the students to a qualified and licensed therapist he took on that role himself. When you offer therapy (even if you call it something else) you play by therapist rules and penalties
Kevin Lepine
Hypnosis Unleashed-THE Vegas Hypnosis Show
www.Kevinlepine.com
www.VegasHypnosisShow.com
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Is that normal for a therapists penalty in the US? Seems like a lot of money. And what was the actual conclusion about hypnosis or the teacher having a direct impact on the outcome of the deaths?

Seems that the court accepted there was some but its not clear to what extent in the article.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I don't believe this was a court sentence or involved the courts at all. It was a settlement offered by the school district. A settlement out of court of you will. More political than legal.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
It was a lot of money to settle it out of court! Kind of admits guilt when there may have been none. At least may not have had any proven detrimental effect on those two outcomes...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » This was odd. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL