The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Counts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Professor Marvel
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Professor Marvel
Does anyone have a favorite effect with the El***y c***t? I've been working on the count, but have yet to find something cool to do with it. Help would be appreciated.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Try Alex Elmsley's "4 card trick" (the one he invented the count for). It can be found in the book "The Collected Works of Alex Elmsley Vol 1" and "The Magic of Alex Elmsley; The Tahoe Sessions Volume 1" on DVD.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
William Dee
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of William Dee
This is probably the most used thing next to the Doiuble Lift. I would think that there is a million things out there using it. It seems like almost every packet trick in the 70's used it to some degree.
RiderBacks
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of RiderBacks
"Twisting the Aces" from Dai Vernon's More Inner Secrets of Card Magic by Lewis Ganson.
Four Jakes
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Four Jakes
I love NFW. Great reactions from it.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Twister by Chris Kenner from Out of Control. It's really one of my favorite packet tricks. It's basically Twisting the Aces plus Reset. 4 aces turn over once at a time, then change to jacks, one at a time, then back to aces all at once.
MikeBeaudet
View Profile
Loyal user
Becancour
228 Posts

Profile of MikeBeaudet
Spin Doctor from John Bannon is another Twisting the Aces plot but with some surprises...
Do your best and forget the rest
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Definitely Twisting The Aces.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
More from Bannon: Royal Scam and B'rainiac
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Check out the booklet TRICKS YOU CAN COUNT ON by Chesbro and West. Several good EC tricks.
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
If you don't want to buy Elmsley's book (a significant investment, but worth it) or the DVD, you can purchase The Four Card Trick as a standalone magic effect. That was how I first learned it decades ago.

http://www.magicinc.net/thefourcardtrickbyalexelmsley.aspx
MorrisCH
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of MorrisCH
Cheap Labour from David Acer, definitely worth checking out
one of my favorite effects using EC
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
At Al's Magic, formerly in D.C., Al would call Larry West Count Elmsley, because he uses the Elmslen y count in many routines.
2810franck
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of 2810franck
You have also easy oil and water routine.
CodyB
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of CodyB
One of my favorite effects using that count is "Oil and Queens" by Roy Walton, which is found in the book The Complete Walton Vol. 1.
However, the move is referred to as 'the ghost count' in this work; so, just be mindful of that.
gatorjim
View Profile
New user
Fayetteville, TN
53 Posts

Profile of gatorjim
The EC needs to be part of every card performers repertoire. It was the first count I learned many moons ago. Al Cohen was a master and he did indeed use the EC extensively. Any of the tutorials mentioned above will help someone perfect he EC. Plus there are a number of decent videos on YouTube and elsewhere that do a good job of showing the actual mechanics involved in doing the count.
gatorjim
View Profile
New user
Fayetteville, TN
53 Posts

Profile of gatorjim
The EC needs to be part of every card performers repertoire. It was the first count I learned many moons ago. Al Cohen was a master and he did indeed use the EC extensively. Any of the tutorials mentioned above will help someone perfect he EC. Plus there are a number of decent videos on YouTube and elsewhere that do a good job of showing the actual mechanics involved in doing the count.
gatorjim
View Profile
New user
Fayetteville, TN
53 Posts

Profile of gatorjim
The EC needs to be part of every card performers repertoire. It was the first count I learned many moons ago. Al Cohen was a master card performer and he did indeed use the EC extensively, mainly due to the fact he sold a ton of packet tricks to everyday folks that came into the D.C store. Any of the tutorials mentioned above will help someone perfect the EC. Plus there are a number of decent videos on YouTube and elsewhere that do a good job of showing the actual mechanics involved in doing the count.
Charles Gaff
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Charles Gaff
I learned it for twisting the aces in ETMCM as a teen. A million packet tricks that hide a card uses it or could use it.
ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Inner circle
India
1080 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
My favorite is the DAZZLE
“It’s not what you do that matters, or even how you do it;
it’s what the spectators perceive you as doing that matters.
That’s the MAGIC they’ll remember.”
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Counts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL