The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Dollar Bill illusion (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

asianichele_mjol
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of asianichele_mjol
Hi. I'm not sure if I am posting to the right page or not, but I am president and founder of a magic club at my high school in Suwanee Georgia. I wanted to come up with a great idea for a performance in front of the whole school at a pep rally this Friday, and wanted it to be somewhat practical as well. I first started thinking about large stage illusions but as I'm going to be surrounded and all sides, (and building/buying can't happen right now)I thought a " transporting" Dollar bill trick would be sufficient. I wanted to know if anyone knew about the appearing dollar bill trick that Cyril Takayama performed and I can leave a link to the YouTube video but I thought this would be a nice addition to just transporting the dollar bill as well during performance. Thanks so much
https://youtu.be/8UrUBl3_lJI
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
You haven't given a lot of information about your performance but in any event, you're doing a performance in 5 days and are looking to add something new to your routine. This happens way too many times. In very rare cases, it takes a lot more than just 5 days to perfect an item to point of being able to perform it in front of an audience. My suggestion would be to use what you know and leave the audience wanting more.
Where the magic begins
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The bill production Cyril does, is known as the Osaka Bill Production, it was sold by the originator.

That will take you at least 3 to 6 months to learn, it is only the working for the production, not how to put confetti in, and how to obtain the bills secretly. You will have to see other sources for that.

The Fanning Bills are available from Seo Magic dot com, and John Blake's Manipulation Bills from Trick Supply dot come.

It will take you about a year to perfect that Manipulation bill act.

------------------------------------------------

For the bill transportation effect, you could use the Jumping Signed Bill by Ickle Pickle Magic, who is the manufacturer. Easy to do, and if you play it up better then the guy in the demo, would play very well.

http://www.icklepicklemagic.com/store/in......t_id=272

Hope this helps.

http://www.icklepicklemagic.com/store/in......t_id=272

Of course you could do the Bill in Lemon from the Mark Wilson Course in Magic, or the Tarbell Course in Magic.
MagicalAlex
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of MagicalAlex
This is whatever
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I realize that this is too late for the poster, but that jumping bill effect seems like it involves objects that are too small for what I imagine the setting(e.g.; Magi on the gyms floor, audience in bleachers) for a school's pep rally.

Although not anything like the effect suggested, an effect that I think could be seen and appreciated from the bleachers could be a clippo effect using an over sized bill(if you want to stick with a money effect).

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Dollar Bill illusion (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL