The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Great mobile gig case (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kenodad
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of kenodad
Just discovered this. Small start up company. The medium size is perfect for the average sized close-up mat to fit on top:

http://www.mcchitech.com/multi-pro-station.html

I just ordered the medium size. I will give an update after I receive it and play with it a bit.

Small start up company so not easily found. I ordered one late Sunday, had a question that I emailed about. Representative called me within an hour to make sure I got what I wanted. He told me he sells to a lot of magicians and balloon entertainers.

John
Bill Scott
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas, NV
119 Posts

Profile of Bill Scott
Looks like a very useful case.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, another member, Tony Thomas, already found and use this type of case, she how he turned it into a table that that looks professional.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=34
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
Thanks.
I like it.
Zlwin Chew
View Profile
Elite user
Malaysian Magician with
437 Posts

Profile of Zlwin Chew
Hi Kenodad,

This is wonderful! Have you gotten yours? And what are your thoughts on this?
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2015, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Yes, another member, Tony Thomas, already found and use this type of case, she how he turned it into a table that that looks professional.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=34

These are not the same cases at all. The only similarities they share are that they have wheels and a telescoping handle.

The McChi case the OP is referring to is a newly designed case where the case lid is on top facing upward and the entire lid is supported on the two sides by telescopic, square tubes, similar to the type used on rolling luggage. The case lid and telescopic supports are specifically designed so that the lid detaches from the bottom portion of the case, slides upward, locks into place, and is used as the table top... the only thing needed would be a table cloth to cover it.

The DIY project that Tony Thomas built for his travel case is a typical semi-hardsided rolling luggage case that you can buy in any luggage department of a department store. Tony made a table top from what appears to be birch plywood and front legs from PVC pipe and the rear portion of the table top is supported only buy the locking telescopic handle of the luggage case. A great DIY design but not at all similar to the case posted by the OP.

The legs and table top of Tony's table are stored inside the case where the OP's case is self contained and no part of the case needs to be stored inside.
Peckham
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Peckham
I went to the monthly gun show at the Dulles Expo center and purchased several cases there that are used to store and transport firearms. Reasonably priced and the interior has the foam that you can customize. These are locked and very secure.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Just seen on Stevens Magic a case similar to the one mentioned here. Wonder if it is the same case.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I've only bought two (salesmen's sample) cases in my whole "career", from a luggage company. I've bought many cases at yard sales and thrift shops, for a few dollars. Mostly, they were salesmen's sample cases (fiber--light weight) I inherited some when magician friends retired from the road, and I bought their props from them or their widows. I also bought a number of salesmen''s CATALOG cases. (Airline pilots use them as luggage.)

The extra cases, I use for storage. Oh! I've also found in thrift shops, little cases that students at hair dressing 'schools" use to carry their equipment, when they do "house calls".

All of the above were CHEAP!!! They have become scarce, as companies use the internet instead of salesmen!

I even picked up several "doctor" bags over the years.

On the road when I had an hour to 'kill", I checked out the thrift shops. I found over the years, RICE SILKS!!!, new double load dove pans, ETC. I don't use dove pans or other "hard" props, but, when I can pay one dollar for a new Morrisey double load dove pan, I do. (I sold it later at an auction for $40!)
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Aren't thrift shops great.
I have a giant size thrift shop near my house about as big as Costco.
I'm all set for cases. More than I need.
You never know what you will find.
It's always an adventure.
Ihor
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
I love going to thrift shops because you can find high quality mirror there for cheap
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Can someone review this. It looks amazing
fyi2
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of fyi2
Kenodad - Any update on how this is working out for you?
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

I too like this but worry about how sturdy it is as a table
LoganPorterMagic
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of LoganPorterMagic
I am looking for one. Any recommendations?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Great mobile gig case (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL