We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mental Effects? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Skitch
View Profile
Veteran user
Philadelphia
400 Posts

Profile of Skitch
Okay, I've been doing Magic for over a little over five years now. I don't do shows or anything like that but do Magic for family and other Magicians.

I have arthritis in my wrists and are looking for Mental effects for close-up work. I can't do sleight-of-hand, so mental effects that would take sleights wouldn't be good for me. I'm also in a wheelchair, so standing tricks are also out. I have books and all, but am looking for effects to buy that pack small but play huge. I have tricks like Mind Stress, 100 Names and so on.

If someone could name some effects that would be good for me and that packs small but plays big, that would be great. The most I would want to spend on one trick is $200.00, but if I could buy more effects that play big but packs small that would be great. Thank you in advance!
§kitch
Greg Owen
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of Greg Owen
Try books Smile Anneman (I can never spell his name correctly) and Corinda's 13 Steps are great places to start. Also consider Fulves Self-Working Mental Effects.

- Greg Owen
Author of The Alpha Stack ebook - the balanced memorized stack
gobeatty@yahoo.com
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Skitch,

Check out Richard Osterlind's homepage:
http://www.osterlindmysteries.com
for many good effects.
I can highly recommand his Breakthrough Card System (which I personaly use), and his Radar Deck.
Also I warmly recommend his serie of 4 dvds.
All his effects packs small and plays big.

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
I agree wholeheartedly regarding Osterlind's work. Also, if you haven't already, you might want to try some of Knepper's and Banacheck's work in that there is a great deal of emphasis on suggestion and verbal / psychological skills. It enables one to minimize the prop / manipulative aspects of performance while maximizing the effect upon the audience.
Nicholas
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mental Effects? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL